Mispronunciations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Jill F just pronounced Flora Mare as "Flora Mair" like she didn't care! What other mispronunciations make you laugh?

Jill F just pronounced Flora Mare as "Flora Mair" like she didn't care! What other mispronunciations make you laugh?
What is the correct pronunciation of these words please? I don’t watch much Q these days so I have never seen a presentation of this product. I do agree that some of the presenters could do with brushing up on their language skills and I can never understand why they are allowed on air without a good knowledge of the products they are selling.

All of the presenters, & many of the quests, have difficulty with 'giving'. It always sounds like 'gifting' :mysmilie_19:

Axel says "Marr-ay" Bettyboo.

I don't mind folk making a mistake or making a fair stab at saying an unfamiliar word. But those who are deaf to use of the correct pronunciation when it's said back to them seem ignorant to me.

Thanks Akimbo but to me it sounds like Flora meaning Flowers, plants etc and mare as in a female horse.

Axel will say "Flora Mar-a" about fifty times when presenting with Alison Young, but Alison knows best and will say "Flora Mer-a" Axel obviously says it the right way, it's his product after all, does that matter to the resident beauty presenter though? absolutely not because, like I say, she knows best/it all.

The best one by a country mile (in my opinion) is Julie Bates being unable to say "flowers"

Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars, is what she sells apparently.

The one I listen for is JR saying the Numba is...:mysmilie_17:

Love all these mispronunciations! How could I possibly have forgotten Julie and her flaaaaaaaahs?!

Not related to the above, and not a mispronunciation as such, but not too long ago Charlie Brook made the somewhat infelicitous statement that some golden earrings were reflecting and REFRACTING the light beautifully...Erm, no Charlie, refraction is what happens when light passes through transparent media - and I would hope your gold is not transparent!

Alexis Murdoch struggles with various French words, notably "Appellation d'origine controllée," however I believe she has a slight speech impediment so maybe it's not her fault.

It always makes me laugh how most of them cannot pronounce "Ingénue," making the word somewhat appropriate in that context.

Svaroskeeee (Swarovski) flummoxes the lot of 'em !!! but the best(worst) pronunciation is the old gal from Bibi Bijoux, its priceless.

Katy Pulledpork gets out of any pronunciation, she just says "ummmmmm" all the time.

Svaroskeeee (Swarovski) flummoxes the lot of 'em !!! but the best(worst) pronunciation is the old gal from Bibi Bijoux, its priceless.

Katy Pulledpork gets out of any pronunciation, she just says "ummmmmm" all the time.

You're right, there. I quite like that Bibi Bijoux guest. She's got quite an interesting voice, although sometimes she seems like she's pissed! Her false eyelashes and eyeshadow always make me laugh. She looks like Zara Moonbeam from Prisoner: Cell Block H!

Latest posts

Back