Todays Top Tech TSV 04/12/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We ordered the camera the last time it was on and had to send it back because it ate the battery life on all our devices and even though we have excellent broadband coverage even right beside the Hub it wasnt very good.

Ring Spotlight Cam Security Camera w/ Solar Panel & 6 Month Cloud Subscription
Item Number 517858
QVC Price £240.00
TSV Price £159.96
P&P: £0.00
4 Easy Pays of £39.99

The Ring Spotlight Security Camera and Solar Panel is a solar-powered HD video camera kit with two-way talk and built-in spotlights, which connects to your device, allowing you to monitor your home wherever you are. Protect your property with this smart, weather-resistant HD security camera that lets you see, hear and speak to anyone on your property day or night from your phone, tablet and PC.

Additional peace of mind - just for QVC customers, this Spotlight Security Camera and Solar Panel is also accompanied by a 6 month Ring Basic Protect subscription service trial, allowing you to store and download videos for up to 60 days. After 6 months subscription costs from £2.50 per month. Click on the ‘Ring Video Recording Subscription Plan' link above for full details.

Solar powered peace of mind - there is a quick-release, rechargeable battery pack inside the camera that is its main source of power. The solar panel acts as a back-up charge to the battery so it always has a source of power - when the battery power gets depleted, the solar panel tops it up. If there is no sun for a week (as is often the case with the UK weather), the battery would be still charged and be able to last through that period. This allows you plenty of time to fully-charge the battery to its full power. The Ring app will also alert you when your battery is running low.

Stop them in their tracks - with built-in spotlights and infrared Night Vision, you’ll get crisp HD video at any time, with or without the lights on. For added security, there’s a 110-decibel alarm to help you scare off intruders.

Always know who’s there - adjustable motion sensors let you get the ideal setting for you and your home. With instant motion-activated alerts straight to your device, you’ll always be the first to know when there’s someone on your property.

Going away? Once you have downloaded the Ring Spotlight Cam app to your smartphone, iPad or laptop you will be able to watch over your home from everywhere - the office, when you're out for dinner or even when you’re on holiday. Not only that you can also control your Spotlight Cam too as every function of the lights is available on the app - from turning the lights off to adjusting the motion sensitivity that triggers the lights to come on.

Security and convenience - with an adjustable mount and mains-free design, both the Spotlight Cam and the Solar panel install in any location outside your home. Accompanied by the complementary toolkit with everything you need to install your new camera - including adjustable mounting brackets, a Phillips bit, screws, raw plugs and cable clips - all you have to do is decide where you need your new home security to go.

Colour option:

Black
White

What's in the box?

1 x Ring Spotlight Security Camera (h x w x d): 12.6cm x 6.91cm x 7.59cm (4.9" x 2.72" x 2.99")
1 x Spotlight Camera solar panel (h x w x d): 19.7cm x 13.9cm x 1.3cm (7.75" x 5.5" x 0.5")
1 x 6,000 mAH Ring battery pack
1 x mounting bracket
1 x adjustable mounting bracket
1 x Phillips bit
1 x screwdriver
1 x drill bit
1 x installation screw and anchors
1 x cable clips
Subscription leaflet
One year manufacturer’s warranty against defects. Ring will replace your Ring product if stolen. See PDF attachment for details

https://www.qvcuk.com/Ring-Spotligh...duct.517858.html?productNumber=517858&sc=ISRC

Did anyone get this?

So far, I have spent about 5 hours trying to get it to work, including over 1 1/2 hours on the phone to Ring in Phoenix, Arizona, all without success.

Good returns service

I think I posted in the TSV Ring Spotlight camera thread.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I spent about 6 hours trying to set it up, including 3 calls to Ring in Phoenix, Arizona totalling over 2 hours!

When I eventually got it working, it was fairly useless, as confirmed by loads of negative online reviews on Amazon (who now own Ring).

For one thing, it takes ages to respond, by the time you've been notified of someone near the camera, they would have long gone.

And it is supposed to be an outdoor camera, but won't work through brick walls, and is apparently NOT waterproof!

Anyway, I asked if Q would collect it. They said they wouldn't normally, but would "on this occasion".

This was yesterday afternoon, and it was collected at 9-35 this morning.

Appalling that you bought a product in good faith and it was rubbish! No way should anyone have to phone the USA to get a problem sorted either. Glad you got it returned free, that was the least they could do.

CC

I don’t buy any technical type of product from QVC as they make it all look so easy & you become convinced you can’t live without.Then there are problems setting up & I am not good at this.I fell for a bridge camera several years ago but it was so complex I hardly used the thing.Then the batteries leaked & ruined it.I got some insurance cash & bought a Sony Cyber-shot from JL.See I don’t use a phone or iPad!

Latest posts

Back