Nail Lacquer or nail vanish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Am I being picky but Eilidh is driving me mad on the OPI show as she keeps calling it nail varnish whereas the guest and everyone else is calling it lacquer.

It actually says nail lacquer on the bottles so why cant she call it what it is. Perhaps its because she drives me mad anyway

Edit =Just realised I put vanish and not varnish

Last edited:
I think I'd struggle go refer to nail lacquer, i've spent too many years calling it nail varnish to try to change now. Maybe there is a technical difference, I don't know, but to me it seems trying to elevate a product to seem fancier than it is to justify a higher price.

Polish, Lacquer, Varnish, they all mean the same. It's just like saying 'Faux' instead of artificial or fake; it's meant to sound like it's something 'a cut above'. Makes me laugh! :mysmilie_19:

Think the US always used the term lacquer? We in the UK just said varnish, which does sound like doing something you do to a table.:mysmilie_17:

I just use the brand name ie. What colour is that? Oh, Essie Beach Blue(not the real name but cannot remember it) or whatever brand.

Am I being picky but Eilidh is driving me mad on the OPI show as she keeps calling it nail varnish whereas the guest and everyone else is calling it lacquer.

It actually says nail lacquer on the bottles so why cant she call it what it is. Perhaps its because she drives me mad anyway

Edit =Just realised I put vanish and not varnish
She drives me mad too & I wish she would vanish!

Latest posts

Back