Julia Roberts arguing with Keeley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Keeley just said that the studio was filling with fragrances of chocolate, almond and vanilla and cherry bakewell - and Julia Roberts really seemed to take issue with this and went to some great length to argue that it smelled of none of those things. It came across as ostensibly lighthearted with an undernote of passive-aggressiveness. Did you see it? What did you think?

Didn't see it but I have seen Julia putting guests in their place whilst trying to pass it off as a joke. She just comes across as a bossy PITA to me. The worst one though is Kathy Tayler who just completely disagrees with and contradicts most guests using an aggressive manner to boot.

CC

Queen Julia was quite 'offish' with Kim M on Friday, she really thinks she's something special.

I thought Julia was trying to save the situation because to me Keeley made it sound as if you would smell like a chocolate cream cake after using the Tonka version! Julia was trying to stress it also smelt of Amber rather than a cherry bakewell, four for £1, tart,

Have read Julia’s latest blog I think she should ask her family for a view on what she writes.
She really is not doing herself any favours and this constant boasting is far too much, she is appearing so very full of herself.

No doubt Julia had producers in her ear telling to backtrack on what Keeley was saying. Buy this luxury skin care brand and you too can smell like the bakery counter of your local supermarket.

Nothing says luxury skincare then likening it to a Bakewell tart but unless you saw the clip it's difficult to know whether they were arguing or not. They are all there to sell but compared to most of them Julia is pretty straight in what she says when it comes to product information.

I had a look for this but most of the videos were with AY. On one of them Keeley did start talking about cake & said that she always referred everything back to food, I'm sorry that I can't remember which product it was about.

No doubt Julia had producers in her ear telling to backtrack on what Keeley was saying. Buy this luxury skin care brand and you too can smell like the bakery counter of your local supermarket.

It's a shame those in the gallery don't tell the sales staff to stop blethering & be more professional.

Coughs loudly! Cherry Bakewell is more heliotrope which is used in perfume, I love it. It is also known as the cherry almond pie note. Don't think they have Bakewell Tarts in the US?

Tonka is more amber like that is why it goes with vanilla.

Coughs loudly! Cherry Bakewell is more heliotrope which is used in perfume, I love it. It is also known as the cherry almond pie note. Don't think they have Bakewell Tarts in the US?

I love heliotrope too, a dear little plant.

I've seen Julia Roberts having a go at Keeley before, a massive clash of the egos one thinks. :mysmilie_17:

Love the smell of heliotrope, we used to have some in our former house's garden.

Love the smell of heliotrope, we used to have some in our former house's garden.

Please describe the smell & plant.....I may get one but my gardening sucks.....I've been called the 'angel of death' in relation to all things garden.

Please describe the smell & plant.....I may get one but my gardening sucks.....I've been called the 'angel of death' in relation to all things garden.

Heliotrope is a plant that likes dry summers & will flower from quite early through to the first frost. It has dark green leaves & small flowers in clusters, these can be white or lavender, however, the best ones are the purple ones. Their fragrance is unlike any other, cherry pie with vanilla & totally delicious. I have mine in pots on a small terrace outside the kitchen & on sunny days you can smell them half way up the garden & through open windows when inside. Butterflies love them, I have two dwarf buddleias at the edge of this area & the combination of these plants attracts them in large numbers. Their only negative, & it's a huge one, is that they are poisonous, so even though it's from the borage family don't put any part of it in your drink. Having said that we've had two children, many animals & now three grandchildren & none have ever tried to eat them.

Well that is an interesting fact and if Keeley had said heliotrope and then Explained the fragrance it would have been OK. But the way she was raving about various cake smells, it really did sound as if you would smell like something from Greggs, IMHO. Or the worst ever YC fragrance, Christmas Cookie came to my mind from her description.

Well that is an interesting fact and if Keeley had said heliotrope and then Explained the fragrance it would have been OK. But the way she was raving about various cake smells, it really did sound as if you would smell like something from Greggs, IMHO. Or the worst ever YC fragrance, Christmas Cookie came to my mind from her description.

I agree but not meaning to sound rude about her I don't think Keeley understands much outside of her Elemis bubble. In fact she may not even know what heliotrope smells like or even what it is!

Latest posts

Back