Lookfantastic- Molton Brown Beauty Box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did ask if they'd accept the 2 x 100ml bottles back instead as they weren't expected, after receiving the 300ml ones but that was a no go either. To her credit, the CS girl did "plead my case" three times and was so apologetic when her manager wouldn't budge.

The label I've printed off is for a free return so at least I'm not out of pocket .... just 600ml of shower gel down.

Well if they wanted the large ones back, they should have phoned and asked you the best way to get them back. Also, you should have decanted half the contents and said well they've been used but you can have the balance if you want! What a bodged goodwill gesture.

I would not let it drop I would email and say you were sent 300ml as gogw thank you very much, they sent them to you. Don't mention the call to them I bet they have lots of 'Managers' offer to send back the 100ml. It's their problem not yours I would be fuming.

They say that "honesty pays" but, in my case, it appears that it doesn't.

Royal Mail did indeed deliver a parcel from Look Fantastic this afternoon, which contained the two 100ml bottles that should have been in the Beauty Box, but that they'd said they no longer had - hence their sending 2 x 300ml bottles in way of an apology.

I rang LF to say that I'd received another parcel that I hadn't been expecting. The CS girl could see the logs of my previous calls and said that she had never known a case like this. She went to speak to her manager who said ...... that I should now pack up the two 300ml bottles and return them to LF. The CS girl initially said "that's very honest of you to let us know" and even though she spoke to her manager three times, he/she wouldn't budge. So I've just packed the 300ml bottles up and printed off the returns label that they emailed to me.

I know I've got two extra 100ml bottles, but it's the principle. They needn't have sent the larger replacements, but they did because they apparently had no smaller ones in stock, and I've had to send them back because of their error.

As I signed off the phone, I did say "you've got one unhappy customer here and if I hadn't rung you then you wouldn't have known that I had received the small bottles and they say that honesty pays. I've just proved that's not true."

I feel so bad for you, Toril. I just read your earlier post about the email from Royal Mail and was going to say I’m the same, because I can’t keep things sent to me in error either. I’m the first to call companies who send orders late, with broken items, the wrong thing or short of something, but I simply can’t keep quiet about “extras” sent by mistake either. You often find they “reward” you in some way and you get to have a clear conscience to boot. This sounds like a complete Customer Service fail from MB! I’m glad you said what you did as a parting shot. You should put it in writing too. Or do as Miss Molly suggests.

Having read the replies, I think I will write to them as miss molly suggested. I'll send the letter on the same day that I return the shower gel, but will send it separately.

I'll outline what was said during all the phone calls, which they can check on the logs, and will emphasise that I didn't ask for the 100ml ones to be sent as they'd said they were no longer available. It seems to be a case of one department not talking to another one.

I did complete a survey, when I received the 300ml ones and gave them "excellent" in all categories. I got another survey with the emailed returns labels, so depending on what response I get I will complete that one too. I'll also mention that if I hadn't rung them today then they'd probably have been none the wiser.

They know I was already a customer when I ordered the Beauty Box, but I think they've lost my custom now, unless they acknowledge my honesty.

And thanks for your support and replies.

I feel so bad for you, Toril. I just read your earlier post about the email from Royal Mail and was going to say I’m the same, because I can’t keep things sent to me in error either. I’m the first to call companies who send orders late, with broken items, the wrong thing or short of something, but I simply can’t keep quiet about “extras” sent by mistake either. You often find they “reward” you in some way and you get to have a clear conscience to boot. This sounds like a complete Customer Service fail from MB! I’m glad you said what you did as a parting shot. You should put it in writing too. Or do as Miss Molly suggests.

Sorry, I meant it's a Customer Service fail from Lookfantastic.

My letter of complaint is now written and saved on the computer. All I need to do now is to ring them tomorrow to get the name and address of the manager or CEO and then I'll print it out, sign it and post it.

I've stayed polite but have stated that I feel I have been penalised for being honest when I could have said nothing and kept all the things that they sent. I've mentioned several other things to back up my disappointment.

The 2x300ml bottles are boxed up and ready to send but I think I'll wait to see if I get a reply from the company. After all, as the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing they are probably unaware that one department has told me to return them.

I'll let you know if I get a reply, but I'm not holding my breath although I have requested a response and put my email address and phone number at the bottom of the letter. If I hear nothing, I'll post them some time next week when they'll probably get lost in the Christmas rush, lol.

Well done Toril. I would also do a CC to another top bod like the Marketing Managing or Customer Services Director. Sometimes a CEO can get a bit busy but I realise we are not talking about a global corporation! I am rather annoyed in your behalf!

My letter of complaint is now written and saved on the computer. All I need to do now is to ring them tomorrow to get the name and address of the manager or CEO and then I'll print it out, sign it and post it.

I've stayed polite but have stated that I feel I have been penalised for being honest when I could have said nothing and kept all the things that they sent. I've mentioned several other things to back up my disappointment.

The 2x300ml bottles are boxed up and ready to send but I think I'll wait to see if I get a reply from the company. After all, as the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing they are probably unaware that one department has told me to return them.

I'll let you know if I get a reply, but I'm not holding my breath although I have requested a response and put my email address and phone number at the bottom of the letter. If I hear nothing, I'll post them some time next week when they'll probably get lost in the Christmas rush, lol.

Well done Toril. I would also do a CC to another top bod like the Marketing Managing or Customer Services Director. Sometimes a CEO can get a bit busy but I realise we are not talking about a global corporation! I am rather annoyed in your behalf!

Good advice from Mazza, yes. Lookfantastic is part of the Hut Group, as I'm sure you know: their CEO is Matthew Moulding; The Group Commercial Director is Steven Whitehead. They are at:

5th Floor
Voyager House
Chicago Avenue
Manchester Airport
Manchester
M90 3DQ

Torvil please don't send them back until you hear from them. You have done nothing wrong, I am sorry this has turned out into such a faff for you x

Thanks so much for the names and addresses, AndiK. I will print two copies out and send one to each of them with a c.c. at the bottom so they both know they've got one. I have asked for a response to the letter but may or may not get one.

I will still ring them tomorrow to forewarn them of the letter and that I intend to return the goods when I've had a response, even if it's another "send them back" one. At least then I am keeping them informed. I'll also ask for the name and address of the marketing manager - so that'll be 3 letters. If they're not happy to wait for the return I will politely tell them that they are welcome to come round to collect them. As all calls are recorded, they won't be able to say I'm not being reasonable (hopefully.)

It's not in my nature to cause hassle but I do stand up for myself if I feel a company isn't "playing fair." I'm a very tiny fish in a big pond but, in the past, took on Rover cars and a large carpet manufacturer and won, so two 300ml bottles of shower gel are small fry compared to that. But ....... I'm seeing this through to the end because at least then I can say that I tried.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much for the names and addresses, AndiK. I will print two copies out and send one to each of them with a c.c. at the bottom so they both know they've got one. I have asked for a response to the letter but may or may not get one.

I will still ring them tomorrow to forewarn them of the letter and that I intend to return the goods when I've had a response, even if it's another "send them back" one. At least then I am keeping them informed. I'll also ask for the name and address of the marketing manager - so that'll be 3 letters. If they're not happy to wait for the return I will politely tell them that they are welcome to come round to collect them. As all calls are recorded, they won't be able to say I'm not being reasonable (hopefully.)

It's not in my nature to cause hassle but I do stand up for myself if I feel a company isn't "playing fair." I'm a very tiny fish in a big pond but, in the past, took on Rover cars and a large carpet manufacturer and won, so two 300ml bottles of shower gel are small fry compared to that. But ....... I'm seeing this through to the end because at least then I can say that I tried.

I'll keep you posted.

You go, girl!

Oh, and put all the letters (in separate envelopes if you like) in one bigger envelope just addressed to the company, as that will save you a few quid: 1st Class Signed For Letter £1.77 each; 1st Class Signed For Large Letter (with 3 envelopes inside) £2.11. But if you shop at QVC I'm sure you already know to be wary of postage costs!

Well ...... we can all relax :wink: because it's been resolved.

I have just rung Look Fantastic and told them that I was going to send a letter of complaint to the CEO and Commercial Director because I felt that I had been penalised for being honest. The representative confirmed the Manchester address.

He then asked for details of my account so that he could log in and check what had been going on. He also listened to a succinct version of events and confirmed that it was all in my account records.

He put me on hold and, in less than one minute, had spoken to two separate managers who both said that I was to keep the two 300ml bottles and the two 100ml ones that had appeared on Friday. The status of "goods being returned" has been cleared and both managers confirmed that I was NOT to send anything back and to look upon it as an early Christmas present.

Apparently the CEO does listen to phone calls so maybe they didn't want to escalate things just because someone in a bad mood on Friday had insisted that I posted the big bottles back.

So ..... thank you for all your support and especially to miss Molly, Mazza and AndiK for suggesting that I wrote letters to the "powers that be" and for giving me the relevant contact details.

It turns out that the little fish can take on the big fish and succeed.

Well ...... we can all relax :wink: because it's been resolved.

I have just rung Look Fantastic and told them that I was going to send a letter of complaint to the CEO and Commercial Director because I felt that I had been penalised for being honest. The representative confirmed the Manchester address.

He then asked for details of my account so that he could log in and check what had been going on. He also listened to a succinct version of events and confirmed that it was all in my account records.

He put me on hold and, in less than one minute, had spoken to two separate managers who both said that I was to keep the two 300ml bottles and the two 100ml ones that had appeared on Friday. The status of "goods being returned" has been cleared and both managers confirmed that I was NOT to send anything back and to look upon it as an early Christmas present.

Apparently the CEO does listen to phone calls so maybe they didn't want to escalate things just because someone in a bad mood on Friday had insisted that I posted the big bottles back.

So ..... thank you for all your support and especially to miss Molly, Mazza and AndiK for suggesting that I wrote letters to the "powers that be" and for giving me the relevant contact details.

It turns out that the little fish can take on the big fish and succeed.

Just catching up on the forum. Really pleased this was all resolved so happily. Good old LookFantastic. They came good in the end, even if you did have to persevere.

I loved my LF beauty advent calendar and have found them great in general. In particular, I have used them to send gifts to a friend in Canada, which is usually a nightmare because of P&P charges, customs regulations, lack of choice as to what can be sent, impossibility of buying from Canadian websites with a non-Canadian credit card, etc. LF will send any of quite a range of things with no postage! I will definitely be buying from them again in 2019.

Latest posts

Back