Sack your buyers IW!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheeky chappie

Registered Shopper
Those responsible for procuring the items for sale on IW need sacked. I'm not referring to the actual items ... although ... I'm referring to quantities.

Why do I say this?

Because time and time again when not long into an hour they'll say along the lines of:

'Okay, I need to stop things for a second (engage serious face, lean forward slightly) we have a problem. We're only 12 minutes into the show and, already, 20% of the stock has gone. This is the first of what is supposed to be 3 live hours however, at this rate, it's going to sell out before the end of this hour so by all means enjoy the rest of the show, however PLEASE check out your baskets first and then you can sit back and relax.'

They spout this tripe time and time again. Therefore, because they never lie and tell it like it is, one can only deduce those responsible for deciding on procurement quantities are RUBBISH AT THEIR JOBS as they almost constantly buy too few to see them through the promotional period.

I mean, if one was more cynical, one might think they were employing a slightly underhand tactic to 'encourage' viewers to buy ...

Last edited:
Those responsible for procuring the items for sale on IW need sacked. I'm not referring to the actual items ... although ... I'm referring to quantities.

Why do I say this?

Because time and time again when not long into an hour they'll say along the lines of:

'Okay, I need to stop things for a second (engage serious face, lean forward slightly) we have a problem. We're only 12 minutes into the show and, already, 20% of the stock has gone. This is the first of what is supposed to be 3 live hours however, at this rate, it's going to sell out before the end of this hour so by all means enjoy the rest of the show, however PLEASE check out your baskets first and then you can sit back and relax.'

They spout this tripe time and time again. Therefore, because they never lie and tell it like it is, one can only deduce those responsible for deciding on procurement quantities are RUBBISH AT THEIR JOBS as they almost constantly buy too few to see them through the promotional period.

I mean, if one was more cynical, one might think they were employing a slightly underhand tactic to 'encourage' viewers to buy ...

By the same token you could ask why they are using valuable air time pushing stuff which is selling like hot cakes anyway -it would be more profitable to push stuff which is not moving.

In reality they are pretending that there is a big demand because a) it reassures customers to believe that others are buying and b) they have to use urgency to get people to buy while they are hot -if the customers think about it they lose interest almost immediately.

Notice that unlike Peter Simon I have actually followed example a) with example b).

The Amount of Times I have heard, at a POTD Launch, we don’t have as many of these as we would like, and it could sell out this hour, for it to still be there for Final Chance is unbelieveable.

Mr Tom, how can you say such a naughty thing. As if they would lie to us, they are our friends ��

I know Muttley… what on earth was I thinking!!

I deserve to be banned from the live audience of a watch show in 30 years, when i'm old enough to be in the pack.

Latest posts

Back