Why shop with us?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
The Q's homepage now boasts "One million happy QVC customers and counting!" There's a photo of five women laden with paper carrier bags, think designer boutiques, & lots of information about the Q's services. The cynic in me wonders if this smacks of desperation.

How much were they paid to look happy and put their faces to a QVC ad? No doubt models.

The problem is there are so many ads in newspapers about all the high-end stuff QVC now sell. Many get carried away, but if you go to the QVC Facebook quite a lot of my first order and it will be my last also the shock that QVC charges postage on every single item.

They try to push the image of the perfect family where beautifully turned out mum stays in her beautiful home while her wonderful husband is working to pay for all the QVC items wifey is buying. There's no clutter, no dog hair, the walls never need painting or the garden needs doing and their 2.4 children are always immaculate and super well behaved. Shop with us and you too can have this life.

The reality is that lots of people end up buying things they neither need nor want just to become part of this charade and pay handsomely for it. Charging postage for each item loses them custom. I once had half a dozen items from a gardening show in my basket until I came to my senses and realised the postage was more than the cost of the items. I hardly ever buy more than one item at a time as there's usually an extra £10 or so to pay to get them.

CC

I always add in the cost of P&P, if it it still a better price than elsewhere & I really want then I will buy from QVC.They put a lot of emphasis on easy pay so this must appeal to a lot of people.I wrote down all my easypays and am ticking them off & am nearly finished & am choosing to pay in full or I don’t buy.Buying say 4 items could cost £20+ in p&p & there is no way of grouping purchases to a certain amount & getting free p&p.Yet they still continue to get away with it—- or do they?

Us old timers know how awful the delivery times are, the ridiculous postage rules and apart from the odd thing don’t shop with Q anymore. We did in the past because of new brands (or in my case lovely jewellery) and on line shopping wasn’t much better or perhaps didn’t feel secure. Things are completely different now and new customers (probably younger ladies) who have always shopped on line understandably can’t conceive that in 2018 a company would have such an out of date service. Hence the numerous of complaints on Arsebook from new customers who signed up with the £5 off first order.

EPays and 30 dmbg are the only thing keeping them afloat.

I hate easy pays tbh. the thought of paying off for bits n bobs does not appeal to me. months after you've used the stuff up your still paying for it. if I can't afford it upfront I wont buy it. I know I want the Decleor TSV which is quite a lot of money. if it were two easy pays I may have gone for that but 4 is irritating

Latest posts

Back