QVC gift wrapping service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I suddenly had a flashback to old QVC days (when I was a child) and remembered an advert they used to show. Please tell me I'm not imagining it. It went something like this:

(Conveyer belt of parcels, cut to a lady of mature years wrapping presents, cut to conveyer - the parcels are all beautifully gift-wrapped).

VOICE-OVER: This is Mary. She get lots of presents. In fact she gets hundreds every week.

(Cut to Mary smiling, cut to presents being wrapped - in close-up)

VOICE-OVER: If you'd like to take the hassle out of wrapping a gift, just tell the operator and Mary will do all the hard work for you. That's just another extra little service from Mary and QVC.

What ever happened to Mary? Come to think of it, what ever happened to the more personal, family-style vibe QVC used to try and convey? Do you think the gift-wrapping service should make a comeback?

I don't remember this one Julius and I've been watching forever. Not to say that it wasn't there though and no, I would not trust QVC to wrap my presents.

CC

I don't remember this one Julius and I've been watching forever. Not to say that it wasn't there though and no, I would not trust QVC to wrap my presents.

CC

It must be going back a fair few years. It was just so bizarre how it just popped up in my mind after all this time!

I also remember how Argos offered a similar service back in the day - and they always looked really put out if anyone tried to avail themselves of that service. I'm sure QVC would make a heft charge for any such service these days, although with them becoming ever more volume-driven I doubt they'd offer it at all as it would take up too much time in the warehouse, particularly at Christmas.

John Lewis used to be brilliant for free gift wrapping if you were an account holder, not sure if they do it anymore.

If QVC were gift wrapping our purchases we would be lucky to see items ordered now by Christmas 2019.

I don't remember Q offering gift-wrapping but I hope it's along the lines of Rowan Atkinson in "Love Actually"!..a scoop of rose buds and a little lavender!

Yet another chiselling initiative for them to get disastrously wrong!

The risk that they send out used, dirty goods giftwrapped by them on your behalf to a loved one? No thanks!

I don't remember Q offering gift-wrapping but I hope it's along the lines of Rowan Atkinson in "Love Actually"!..a scoop of rose buds and a little lavender!

Absolutely! I love that scene, in fact I love that film.

Oooooh Juli(ous - did I imagine that song?!) and Silver Fox!

I suddenly had a flashback to old QVC days (when I was a child) and remembered an advert they used to show. Please tell me I'm not imagining it. It went something like this:

(Conveyer belt of parcels, cut to a lady of mature years wrapping presents, cut to conveyer - the parcels are all beautifully gift-wrapped).

VOICE-OVER: This is Mary. She get lots of presents. In fact she gets hundreds every week.

(Cut to Mary smiling, cut to presents being wrapped - in close-up)

VOICE-OVER: If you'd like to take the hassle out of wrapping a gift, just tell the operator and Mary will do all the hard work for you. That's just another extra little service from Mary and QVC.

What ever happened to Mary? Come to think of it, what ever happened to the more personal, family-style vibe QVC used to try and convey? Do you think the gift-wrapping service should make a comeback?

.....is the personal wrapping service you are referring to, lovingly curated by the flock of virgin angels, hand picked by St. Nicholas himself, whilst wishing upon a star and with love and care throwing your over-priced tat (that will be in tk maxx reassuringly soon.,) into one of the turkey roaster bags that seem to double up as a ‘gift’ bag for those folk that can’t go online and do a supermarket shop and by quite frankly far more classier offerings for a lot less?! Thoughts my lovelys 😇

Latest posts

Back