Natasha - Another new presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see she hasn’t made it on to Q “community “ blogs but then the other 2 binlids were on “style” for ages before being acknowledged.

Do you think there will come a time when we wish Marv back:mysmilie_11:

At least Marv was down to earth......(as well as filling the BAME hole/qotient (?) for Q.

I'd have Marv any day over Claire. She is my worst ever presenter. The only one who I don't watch.

Please please can someone identify & explain 'Binlid'.
It appears that presenters & customers can binlids? Is Binlid syndrome serious, contagious even?
Could I, or any of us be one? Am I sleeping with one?
What do I do if I spot a binlid - are they safe to approach? What If the binlids have infiltrated the police, the law & the media?

Last edited:
They need a new sweep across the board.

Unfortunately any newbies seem to be trained by th3 likes of Del Boy so all her bad traits are passed on.

Actually where they need the biggest cull is behind the scenes lot, preferably people with a mentality of over 12 who will kick the lot of them up the behind, drop the twatter and personal promotion, sack the stoilists and the likes of RL and AH and most of all sack the entire purchase department and get some to source products we actually want to buy.

[mum writes]

I liked her and thought she did a decent job. She did speak quickly but at least it all seemed to be about the products and less of her life history and corporate drone mentality. I saw her when she was on with Glen and they seemed to work well together. She knew her stuff and Glen seemed to like that, without being interrupted by a load of whittering nothing. I hope she doesn't turn into a QVC robot once she starts to settle in. Would rather see her than the most recent three they've added lately. I really don't like to watch any of them. Let's give her a chance :)

Nice post, Mum. When I watched her she was on with Vonda, & for me, not at her best. I'm guessing that she & Glen were a good pairing whilst she & Vonda were not.

Hmmmm, not keen on what I have seen of her so far. More Ideal World than QVC....hopefully she is a grower!

Gee pity her having a debut with the god awful Vonda. Let’s hope she doesn’t get the awful Abbies or the poor woman will have to have to lie down in a darkened room.

Nice post, Mum. When I watched her she was on with Vonda, & for me, not at her best. I'm guessing that she & Glen were a good pairing whilst she & Vonda were not.

I haven’t watched any shopping channel, for over two years. I still place the odd order, without watching, say for SBC, or Yankee, or Blue and Shay.
I have missed a lot of goings on, the new presenters, and I found out Debs Flint is running a guest house.

I haven’t watched any shopping channel, for over two years. I still place the odd order, without watching, say for SBC, or Yankee, or Blue and Shay.
I have missed a lot of goings on, the new presenters, and I found out Debs Flint is running a guest house.

It's not just any old guesthouse, it's a writers' retreat. What I find really odd/amusing is that it's only a couple of miles away from a recognised retreat run by a company that's been going for decades & has well-known writers as visiting tutors. Whereas her place only offers her!

There have been new intakes over the past 2 years although most have languished in Style for most of it only recently appearing on the main channel. However the old ones are still there, and since they have reduced the live hours it makes you wonder how they fit them all in.

I don’t see much of a reduction in screen time for the likes of Chuntley, Ali K and Julia etc. Whilst Del Boy May be away writing (she’s an aufer don’t you know) she seems to do plenty of hours when she’s in London to make up.

I know this is an old post and that she has been on Q (by the 'reads' of it) for 8 months and all I can say from the first time of watching her, she is welcome to the channel, I don't usually watch style, (my figure is not conjucive with fashion), but just clicked the wrong button. No, I am aware that BAME is covered, but I am not sure that she could crossover. I mean Aileen (the Scottish one), is not really a favourite, as whilst she (and others it has to be said), don't know much about tech, she really really doesn't and asks 'beyond basic' questions, now I realise that there will be some who watch it that are on the same 'level' as it were, but it does make for slightly cringeworthy TV. She is though by all accounts going to be on 'bun-leave' soon anyway. Good luck and all that!

The one 5 second slot I caught she was all pointy finger and penguin clapping. Surely presenters in any field are trained specifically not doe this? I felt like throwing her a fish.

Is anyone a good pairing with Vonda? She is to fashion what Lorna Ko is to garden and household gadgets.:mysmilie_11:

A thought on the influx of new, younger presenters... Cheaper to pay than the old guard?

Latest posts

Back