It Cosmetics TSV 23/02/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh sounds good but I cannot view anything on the link. I have entered the item number on QVC & still getting the "Oh dear, this seems to have been popular" message. Can you suggest a solution pretty please??

that is because they have removed it from the website for now so you can only call & ask about it but its the same kit as in earlier this thread just without a brush

CC cream is useful on days when you don’t want to wear a ton of makeup or are pressed for time and don’t want to work your way through a complicated skin care and makeup routine. Still, CC cream does offer more coverage than BB cream, so if you do have any imperfections you’re looking to keep undercover, then CC cream is the better option. Use CC cream on days when you’d normally wear foundation and reap the added skin care benefits that CC cream can provide.

CC cream is useful on days when you don’t want to wear a ton of makeup or are pressed for time and don’t want to work your way through a complicated skin care and makeup routine. Still, CC cream does offer more coverage than BB cream, so if you do have any imperfections you’re looking to keep undercover, then CC cream is the better option. Use CC cream on days when you’d normally wear foundation and reap the added skin care benefits that CC cream can provide.

I use this as it's a physical sunscreen and I like the way it makes my skin look. I've tried Complexion Rescue and a few others but they look either weird or plain awful on my skin.

I thought I'd found a cheaper replacement with Maybelline Dream Cover. It looked nice on but I had to wash it off as all I could smell was the chemical sunscreen.

I suffer with chemical allergies but I can't be the only person who can smell these sunscreens, can I? OH can't smell anything as horrible as it is to me, nor can my hairdresser. She uses Olay 7 something with spf15 as her daily moisturiser which uses chemical sunscreen. She brought some for me to try but I had to wash it off again. I'm currently using Olay Regenerist spf 30 which is a physical sunscreen and I have no problem with it.

Anyone else find the smell of chemical sunscreens overwhelming?

I love the CC illuminating cream, When i wear it for work I get lots of compliments on my skin:blush: I go for the light but it is on the dark side but blends out.

I use this as it's a physical sunscreen and I like the way it makes my skin look. I've tried Complexion Rescue and a few others but they look either weird or plain awful on my skin.

I thought I'd found a cheaper replacement with Maybelline Dream Cover. It looked nice on but I had to wash it off as all I could smell was the chemical sunscreen.

I suffer from chemical allergies but I can't be the only person who can smell these sunscreens, can I? OH can't smell anything as horrible as it is to me, nor can my hairdresser. She uses Olay 7 something with spf15 as her daily moisturiser which uses chemical sunscreen. She brought some for me to try but I had to wash it off again. I'm currently using Olay Regenerist SPF 30 which is a physical sunscreen and I have no problem with it.

Anyone else finds the smell of chemical sunscreens overwhelming?

Okay, sorry but I am going to have to say this. For IT CC or any foundation - tinted moisturiser to give you the SPF stated on the tube you will need to use 1 full ml of product. This is like 10-11 pumps each time on your face. No one can wear that about for foundation, tinted moisturiser it will be like masked. Wayne Goss on Youtube did a demo of how much you need to use. You need to use a separate sunblock and never ever go by a foundation -tinted moisturise etc to give the SPF you need each day. And that is just walking around. So yes they can say on the tube etc SPF whatever but unless you are applying 1mls each time which also means you will use a full bottle of foundation or tinted moisturiser in a month. Very expensive.

I suffer with chemical allergies but I can't be the only person who can smell these sunscreens, can I? OH can't smell anything as horrible as it is to me, nor can my hairdresser. She uses Olay 7 something with spf15 as her daily moisturiser which uses chemical sunscreen. She brought some for me to try but I had to wash it off again. I'm currently using Olay Regenerist spf 30 which is a physical sunscreen and I have no problem with it.

Anyone else find the smell of chemical sunscreens overwhelming?

I can smell them but not to make my eyes water. The Maybeline does smell perhaps more than others but not (for me) enough to have to remove. I found the Olay to roll off & it's V perfumed. Does yours roll?

I suspect this has been said upthread, but the SS in a moisturiser is like a fart in the wind & not enough for summertime at all, except perhaps for 30mins in the garden or evening, but not sunbathing/outdoor activities. The skincare co's should make that clear.

Okay, sorry but I am going to have to say this. For IT CC or any foundation - tinted moisturiser to give you the SPF stated on the tube you will need to use 1 full ml of product. This is like 10-11 pumps each time on your face. No one can wear that about for foundation, tinted moisturiser it will be like masked. Wayne Goss on Youtube did a demo of how much you need to use. You need to use a separate sunblock and never ever go by a foundation -tinted moisturise etc to give the SPF you need each day. And that is just walking around. So yes they can say on the tube etc SPF whatever but unless you are applying 1mls each time which also means you will use a full bottle of foundation or tinted moisturiser in a month. Very expensive.

I am aware of this - I've been arguing with OH today about how little sunscreen he tries to get away with wearing (he spends a lot of time in the garden, though, so it's hat and long-sleeve t-shirt when I'm around. I dare say they're off quicker than Magic Mike's clothes if I'm out of sight!). That's why I said I wear Olay spf 30 as my moisturiser.

I don't work any more so don't wear makeup in the day. I don't go out much but the spf in the CC cream is reassuring if I'm wearing it to go out on a summer evening or during the winter. I never sit in the sun. I'm a hat and big sunglasses gal in the shade. I've even got a sunshade over the window in my living room. I take vitamin D supplements year-round as my levels are low and they're prescribed by my neuro. If I know I'm going outside briefly in the day in summer I'll top up with a high spf mineral powder. At a push, if I know I'm going to be out in the sun I'll use Neutrogena's Sheer Touch spf (the only one I can cope with), but those are days I won't be wearing any makeup anyway.

I've worn sunscreen for decades but it's only the last decade I've started having chemical allergy problems. Apart from the flare-ups caused by allergies my skin is in great nick. Very few lines, no age spots as yet, has a nice glow. I got severely burned as a child and once burned the back of my knees in my teens. Since then I've decided on the pale-is-interesting look and stuck to it. One of my friends looks like David Dickinson after a holiday in the Caribbean with her perma-tan, makes fun of my pale skin and total lack of interest in holidays to the sun, but she's already had one suspect mole removed. It's a bit sick but we always joke she's heading for a skin cancer, while I'm heading for rickets!

Latest posts

Back