Black Friday Buys What did you get?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
Being nosey but I love to know what other people have bought.
I got Amazon fire 10 £99
Panda memory foam matrass reviews very good on Amazon but got mine direct from retailer with 20% off and free next day delivery.
A few items from Mint Velvet with 20% off.

I got various deciem items and loccitane precious face foam refill 300 ml 20% off. That's all
I thought the overall offerings were poor, last year beautybay had nice stock, not so much this year.
Got some laura geller from cocosa free delivery but this was before BF and the prices were not reduced after this for the BF I see

A Dior Diorific limited edition lipstick 15% off (hey is better than nothing), I had been eyeballing the colour Lovely for a few weeks.

Upgraded my phone contract, for an extra 64p(£12 a month), new phone, unlimited calls and texts my previous deal I had a capped amount of calls and texts.

I’m going through one of my “nothing interests me” phases at the moment so couldn’t summon up enough enthusiasm to bother.

I think you get to a stage when you are buying for the sake of buying and whilst I regularly do my fair share of that sometimes I feel “why bother”

I’m not a Christmas person either so don’t need to save on loads of presents. Black Friday on food would be of more interest!

Good news - - found 1/2 price "Black Friday" deal on a Parker stainless steel ballpoint pen at Rymans (on-line)

Bad news - - had to go to town by bus (it takes an hour)

Good news - - bus was actually on time for once

Good news - - had a curry beef at a nearby restaurant. Delicious, as the chef knows me, and spices it up a bit.

Good news - - they had the pen I wanted. The one I wanted was on a secure shelf, so the assistant got me another one from under the counter

Good news - - bus to come home was already at bus stop

Bad news - - at home, discovered the pen was a gel pen, not a ballpoint

Good news - - shop said they would change it

Bad news - - this would entail another 2 hour bus journey tomorrow

Good news - - discovered the refill was compatible with ballpoint refills, and I already had a spare Parker refill. So decided to use the gel pen until it ran out, then put in my spare ballpoint refill

Bad news - - tried the gel pen, it would not work

Good news - - discovered a tiny, transparent cap on the end of the nib, removed this, it then worked

Good news - - OH said she would give it to me for Christmas if I didn't use it in the meantime :)

Good news - - found 1/2 price "Black Friday" deal on a Parker stainless steel ballpoint pen at Rymans (on-line)

Bad news - - had to go to town by bus (it takes an hour)

Good news - - bus was actually on time for once

Good news - - had a curry beef at a nearby restaurant. Delicious, as the chef knows me, and spices it up a bit.

Good news - - they had the pen I wanted. The one I wanted was on a secure shelf, so the assistant got me another one from under the counter

Good news - - bus to come home was already at bus stop

Bad news - - at home, discovered the pen was a gel pen, not a ballpoint

Good news - - shop said they would change it

Bad news - - this would entail another 2 hour bus journey tomorrow

Good news - - discovered the refill was compatible with ballpoint refills, and I already had a spare Parker refill. So decided to use the gel pen until it ran out, then put in my spare ballpoint refill

Bad news - - tried the gel pen, it would not work

Good news - - discovered a tiny, transparent cap on the end of the nib, removed this, it then worked

Good news - - OH said she would give it to me for Christmas if I didn't use it in the meantime :)

Chuntley will be using this as her famous examples of why we shouldn’t shop on DHS.

I used the 20% off at L'Occitane to replenish my perfume and deodorant. That's all. Only what I actually use and need.

Deo from L'Occitane may seem extravagant, but it's the only one I've found which doesn't make my underarm peel.

I used the 20% off at L'Occitane to replenish my perfume and deodorant. That's all. Only what I actually use and need.

Deo from L'Occitane may seem extravagant, but it's the only one I've found which doesn't make my underarm peel.

The citrus verbena deo has a great smell

I just arrived home from holiday yesterday and we had time to kill in the airport before our flight from Heathrow to Manchester and I saw a Buckley ring I liked but didn`t buy it, it`s a CZ one but it caught my eye. We went to Mauritius so on my way out there I was really good and bought nothing. I don`t stockpile makeup or perfume and to be honest even in duty free the prices aren`t always good.
Anyway this morning I regretted not buying the ring so did a web search for it and found it cheaper online plus I had a discount code so I ordered it. That`s my only buy.

Got Great nephews and great nieces Christmas presents from various places all reduced with 25% off. Got my brother and sister in law some glasses they wanted from Zara home at £3 off per glass. That was the plus side. On the minus side, I have a gift card for M&S and can't find anything to get with it.

I just arrived home from holiday yesterday and we had time to kill in the airport before our flight from Heathrow to Manchester and I saw a Buckley ring I liked but didn`t buy it, it`s a CZ one but it caught my eye. We went to Mauritius so on my way out there I was really good and bought nothing. I don`t stockpile makeup or perfume and to be honest even in duty free the prices aren`t always good.
Anyway this morning I regretted not buying the ring so did a web search for it and found it cheaper online plus I had a discount code so I ordered it. That`s my only buy.

That's my kind of shopping, whoop, whoop.

Bought two air purifiers from Amazon with 40% off - I wanted two, but could only have afforded one if they hadn't been reduced. Pleased to say they are working a treat, one of my best buys ever!
For myself, I bought two new wigs in my regular 'everyday' style, but a different colour, with 25% off.
Stocked up on my dog's most favourite treats, and an advent calendar (for the dog), at 20% off.
Also bought Xmas and birthday presents (expensive cycling kit) at 25% off for Mr Lily, who very inconveniently has his birthday not long after Xmas.
So, quite a few purchases, really, but am very happy with what I got. It was all stuff I was going to buy anyway, and had decent reductions, so I was glad I waited.
Nothing from Q though.

Bought two air purifiers from Amazon with 40% off - I wanted two, but could only have afforded one if they hadn't been reduced. Pleased to say they are working a treat, one of my best buys ever!
For myself, I bought two new wigs in my regular 'everyday' style, but a different colour, with 25% off.
Stocked up on my dog's most favourite treats, and an advent calendar (for the dog), at 20% off.
Also bought Xmas and birthday presents (expensive cycling kit) at 25% off for Mr Lily, who very inconveniently has his birthday not long after Xmas.
So, quite a few purchases, really, but am very happy with what I got. It was all stuff I was going to buy anyway, and had decent reductions, so I was glad I waited.
Nothing from Q though.

This reminds me I was on a lookout for an air purifier, which one did you get Lily?

This reminds me I was on a lookout for an air purifier, which one did you get Lily?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071D58ZY5/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
This one Marina, but it was reduced to £58 when I bought mine, so I was able to get two. I wanted one for the lounge and the other for bedroom. Very happy with them, we have both stopped coughing and sneezing all the time, and there's no longer any 'wet doggy' smell!
I'm aware that there is a more up to date model, but the filters are still readily available for this one, so I stocked up on those at the same time - they are supposed to last for up to 6 months.

Latest posts

Back