03/12/18 - 09/12/18 Big Deal Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I discovered one of these in my stash and I'm embarrassed to admit I've been using it as body moisturiser to use it up before it goes off...and I'm still only halfway through it!

I've done the same before! I've also used up sun products as body lotion when it's not been too old but old enough that I wouldn't want to risk the SPF was still as advertised.

The review about the stale wee made me smile, as did the suggestion of using as a loo freshener! Then we get the review with similarities to Chloe Rose.. can they be talking about the same fragrance?
AG I think is just about wearable, but I got the pure from the recent tsv which also has l'eau de wee wee smell. Rather nasty actually, probs like Akimbo's charity shop wee smell & headache inducing. I was expecting fresh laundry & received Rab C Nesbitt/Waynetta Slob laundry fragrance. I'm still cross as it's huge to return. Waiting until end of January.

I have a difficult relationship with fragrance with a very sensitive nose and a propensity to smell-triggered migraines. Mr Akimbo gets exasperated if a spritz perfumes in department stores - by the third one I'll start getting a migraine, but I never learn!

When I worked in a large office I'd despair at the lunch-time re-sprayers of perfume and hairspray in the loos. They'd believe their scent had "worn off" when it was still coming through loud and clear. There's quite a small window before a scent sprayed on oneself appears to disappear because the nose gets used to it - always ask someone else before you respray! There are so many reviews on the interweb complaining that a scent doesn't last - plenty of examples on QVC's site alone for perfumes and candles.

Plug-in air "fresheners" are the work of the devil. While I've been house-hunting this year I've had to cut short a couple of viewings because the "scent" is over-powering!

Less is more Peeps! :sweat:

I have a difficult relationship with fragrance with a very sensitive nose and a propensity to smell-triggered migraines. Mr Akimbo gets exasperated if a spritz perfumes in department stores - by the third one I'll start getting a migraine, but I never learn!

When I worked in a large office I'd despair at the lunch-time re-sprayers of perfume and hairspray in the loos. They'd believe their scent had "worn off" when it was still coming through loud and clear. There's quite a small window before a scent sprayed on oneself appears to disappear because the nose gets used to it - always ask someone else before you respray! There are so many reviews on the interweb complaining that a scent doesn't last - plenty of examples on QVC's site alone for perfumes and candles.

Plug-in air "fresheners" are the work of the devil. While I've been house-hunting this year I've had to cut short a couple of viewings because the "scent" is over-powering!

Less is more Peeps! :sweat:

I'm exactly the same, Kimmy, Those plug in fresheners.......the lily one is evil. I cannot bear Yankee either. All are so synthetic & cannot be good for us or our pets.

I believe that if someone has those plugged in, then they are trying to mask a smell. Nothing smells better than a nice, naturally clean house.

Latest posts

Back