Gifts for Viewers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dame Fondacox

Registered Shopper
Now that "gifting" season is well and truly underway and presenters are often encouraging us to buy several, often expensive items as a "gift for teachers/shop assistants/lollipop men-women/the domestic help (in our several homes)/the people standing at the bus stop who you pass each day in your luxury car and always manage to splash them, by driving through 'that darn pothole' when it's raining", it occurred to me that QVC might practice what they preach and start giving gifts to their loyal viewers. For example, they could really liven-up the hour dedicated to the Dyson hairdryer by offering it free, to the first 10 callers to 'jump to the phone' or 'tap the app'. To ensure their USP isn't compromised, they could still offer the recipients a 30-day MBG, extended to until 25th January so if they weren't entirely happy with the gift, they could return it and receive the money they would have paid for it had they bought it themselves! We can but hope :thinking:

Don’t forget the £15 voucher to spend on your next purchase if you spend £150 (big deal!)not to mention the £20 to £30 you might have spent on P&P.They get truly daft with the ‘gifting’ suggestions (how I hate that term) of course the ezp’s are the hard plug.

Now that "gifting" season is well and truly underway and presenters are often encouraging us to buy several, often expensive items as a "gift for teachers/shop assistants/lollipop men-women/the domestic help (in our several homes)/the people standing at the bus stop who you pass each day in your luxury car and always manage to splash them, by driving through 'that darn pothole' when it's raining", it occurred to me that QVC might practice what they preach and start giving gifts to their loyal viewers. For example, they could really liven-up the hour dedicated to the Dyson hairdryer by offering it free, to the first 10 callers to 'jump to the phone' or 'tap the app'. To ensure their USP isn't compromised, they could still offer the recipients a 30-day MBG, extended to until 25th January so if they weren't entirely happy with the gift, they could return it and receive the money they would have paid for it had they bought it themselves! We can but hope :thinking:

Good lord, Dame F, had you been on the sherry already at 11.30am today?

I see someone on arsebook is complaining about the newer presenters being hard sell UNLIKE the established ones.

All I can say is that she isn’t watching the same old ones as me.

Lovely idea, but can you imagine the squabbling it would cause between viewers, some of whom will be eligible and others not. The only people the QVC fatcats will be gifting will be themselves when it comes to their salary increases. QVC are not known for their general munificence.

QVC couldn't give a stuff about loyalty. But at least newcomers can save themselves five whole pounds with code "five4u." Wow! FIVE WHOLE POUNDS! Wooopoody dooooo! Rumour has it viewers have been fizzing with excitement over this offer, with some customers passing out at the superb saving, the QVC telephone lines "literally melting" as hordes of people "jump to their telephones" to get a fiver off the delivery of their flaaaaahs or dull grey Kelly Hoppen bedspread.

It has always surprised me that Q don’t sell gift vouchers. Obviously they’d make a mess of it in some way, but all those loyal (gullible) viewers would lap them up anyway I reckon.

It has always surprised me that Q don’t sell gift vouchers. Obviously they’d make a mess of it in some way, but all those loyal (gullible) viewers would lap them up anyway I reckon.

It surprises me, too. Mind you, they’d charge £4.95 P&P, even if they sent e-vouchers by email. And they’d probably have all sorts of restrictions, like you can’t spend them on OTOs or anything with Easy Pays and they’d expire after 3 months.

If anyone were to give me a QVC voucher I'm not sure what I would buy, or could buy. QVC is very female-oriented unfortunately one's money doesn't go a terribly long way at QVC. A £30 voucher would probably buy a miserable tube of Ultrasun and a small vat of slathering cream.

QVC can reward me for my loyal custom since the very start with a case of Laithwaites wine. A free case. Yes I know, I'm in a dream. Maybe in the new year, the first 100 customers to spend £100 in one go gets a free case of wine. Sounds fair to me.

CC

Someone at Q Towers must have been reading this because Jill Fwanks said on the Elemis hour on Sunday that they were practically "gifting to you" the rest of the products in a set that cost a few pence more than the price of one of the products in it.

It never ceases to stagger me that utter amazement is shown that 'decent' presents cannot be bought for under £40 ! One pairing - of which one was Biagi, said "what can you buy for under £40 ??" God Almighty I thought, even my nearest and dearest don't get that much spent on them; but then, I don't get to spend too much time in Liberty's or Harrods or Harvey Nicks !!!!

It never ceases to stagger me that utter amazement is shown that 'decent' presents cannot be bought for under £40 ! One pairing - of which one was Biagi, said "what can you buy for under £40 ??" God Almighty I thought, even my nearest and dearest don't get that much spent on them; but then, I don't get to spend too much time in Liberty's or Harrods or Harvey Nicks !!!!

That was a poorly thought comment from Bags. Makes a mockery of Secret Santa etc.

I've always seen this as an American expression & thought the over-use of 'gifting' was because of an edict from on high. I was wrong, gift, the verb, has been used for 500 years! "Verily I gift thee this land for services to the King" type thing.

Latest posts

Back