Q and Yankee Candle Parting Ways?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Q have just said this on FB

"Hi ladies, following a blog post that we saw on the Wax Addicts website this morning, we would like to confirm that both Yankee Candle and QVC are proud to let you know that we will be continuing our fantastic partnership well into 2019 and beyond. Tune into the below listed shows for great deals on exciting new and classic Yankee Candle products - Liam x

• 21/12/2018 @ 11pm
• 03/01/2019 @ 8pm
• 22/01/2019 @ 10am
• 22/01/2019 @ 6pm"

So if they are not parting ways why on earth have their CS been saying otherwise in first place.

Last edited:
Well British Gas came and the boiler and defective valve worked perfectly, sod them both! I think he thought I was mad, especially when I burst into tears because the boiler didn't just stay on regardless of the controls being firmly switched off, like it did all Sunday and Monday. I wonder how long this will last.....

Awww, Mazza. It's so frustrating - I can imagine I would burst into tears, too. I hope the repairman was kind.

I’ve seen Yankee on sale in lots of different store and they had a selection of them in my local Boots this week. It’s not something I will miss on Q as I don’t buy them.

Actually, Boots is a good source now, you're right - well, my local store (not huge, I'd say mid-sized for a Boots) is. They only used to have the 6 or 7 "old favourites" (Black Cherry, Black Coconut, Vanilla Lime, etc) but now they get a lot of up-to-date ones, often well before QVC. And, of course, they have 3 for 2 this time of year, which is especially good when they do the £10 of points for £50 spend.

I hope you find what you like, I have a poor sense of smell so I like candles more for the ambiance (oooh get me. :mysmilie_17:) so I go for the likes of the supermarket ranges and Aldi’s, I absolutely love Aldi’s, I can actually smell them and they’re really inexpensive, so it’s a win win :mysmilie_3:

Speaking of Aldi (I know I can rely on you!), have you seen the big 4-wick candles they have as Specialbuys this week? I can't tell how big they are from the website but probably huge as they are £19.99 and that seems a lot for Aldi. They are the Jo Malone copy scents like No.4 Lime, Basil & Mandarin.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/lime,-basil-&-mandarin-4-wick-candle/p/010535258738700

"Hi ladies, following a blog post that we saw on the Wax Addicts website this morning, we would like to confirm that both Yankee Candle and QVC are proud to let you know that we will be continuing our fantastic partnership well into 2019 and beyond. Tune into the below listed shows for great deals on exciting new and classic Yankee Candle products - Liam x

• 21/12/2018 @ 11pm
• 03/01/2019 @ 8pm
• 22/01/2019 @ 10am
• 22/01/2019 @ 6pm"

So if they are not parting ways why on earth have their CS been saying otherwise in first place.

Baffling! I see there's an update on the Wax Addicts page as well (timed 6pm).

• 21/12/2018 @ 11pm
• 03/01/2019 @ 8pm
• 22/01/2019 @ 10am
• 22/01/2019 @ 6pm"

Good to see the right hand still doesn't know what the left hand is doing on planet QVC!

Good news, though, as YC shopping elsewhere is not and miss. Whenever possible I like to do a sniff test before I buy.

yankees are not perfect but for the size of the huge jar if you get a really good candle scent its still VFM......mostly

I've only ever had Yankee a handful of times, and every time the candle looks like a field mouse is living in it, there's always a hole that looks like a little burrow. :mysmilie_17: or tunnelling to give it its proper name. :mysmilie_3:

Speaking of Aldi (I know I can rely on you!), have you seen the big 4-wick candles they have as Specialbuys this week? I can't tell how big they are from the website but probably huge as they are £19.99 and that seems a lot for Aldi. They are the Jo Malone copy scents like No.4 Lime, Basil & Mandarin.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/lime,-basil-&-mandarin-4-wick-candle/p/010535258738700

If it's the one I seen last time they had it yes, it's a big un. These candles are absolutely lovely, I tend to go for the voltive, tea lights or small jars though.

I'll be getting some of these. https://www.aldi.co.uk/luxury-christmas-spice-candle/p/010931258738900 last year I bought this set and it's lovely https://www.aldi.co.uk/scentcerity-votive-candle-gift-set/p/010040256910301

Awww, Mazza. It's so frustrating - I can imagine I would burst into tears, too. I hope the repairman was kind.

Ah thanks Andi. He was nice enough but I'm sure he thought I was a mad old bat! I just know it will go wrong again soon though. But such is life! Thank goodness I have their annual cover.

I stopped buying Yankee a while ago due to smoke and tunnelling issues and I started to fine the scents synthetic and weak-with the odd exception!

I've switched to Candleberry or Woodwick which I find much nicer and with more even burn.

I'm a bit suprised they're disappearing from Q though-maybe a new brand will emerge.

Honestly ? I've always found the fragrances synthetic, and only once bought one of the large jars, after the first day I went 'nose-blind', and as a consequence it was just a burning candle with no fragrance. So it was ditched not long after. There are far better smelling fragrances on the market, but now I only buy the votives for a shorter burn.

The last YC I had 2 or 3 years ago, smelt of paraffin and smoked . I get Colony reed diffusers now.

I have tried to appreciate the YC hype as so many people seem to love them.I haven’t tried many but bought one at my local garden centre and am not impressed.There is a paraffin aroma but little scent, perhaps they have gone downhill?

I have never seen Q refute a rumour as strongly as they have done on their FB page....at last someone at Q is really listening to their customers!

I found the comment that a lot of people are 'worried' overly dramatic. There are many. many things in life that worry us, a television shopping channel no longer selling a brand of fragranced candles ISN'T one of them.

Rosa got a new job as a tea lady. She dons green greasepaint and plays a pantomime witch at Christmas!

I like the candles in Planet Organic. Now they're classy and lovely! If ever you're in Muswell Hill be sure to check them out!

I do love a beautifully scented candle neon are nice the wax is soft so the throw and burn are fast to release the scent. there is a difference with yankee but for the price some yankee are really lovely

We have Luxenoa now, someone asked if they were soya or paraffin wax, don’t know if they gave an answer.Soppose that is why I get a wif of paraffin from my Yankee?Horrible.

There`s a place not far from me which has a huge candle and home fragrance dept, they sell all brands including Yankee and judging by their recent photos on their fb page then it certainly doesn`t look as if Yankee are pulling out of other outlets.
ena3.jpg
ena.jpg
ena2.jpg

There`s a place not far from me which has a huge candle and home fragrance dept, they sell all brands including Yankee and judging by their recent photos on their fb page then it certainly doesn`t look as if Yankee are pulling out of other outlets.
View attachment 16647
View attachment 16648
View attachment 16649

Oh my lord, that looks like candle heaven - where do you live, Vienna, anywhere near SE London perchance???

(here's hoping!)

Latest posts

Back