Vercella Vita TSV 03/01/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bodysuit to hold in all that flab we've acquired over Christmas? I've ordered their items before and they made not one iota of difference to my shape or the hang of my clothes. Things I couldn't fit into, I still couldn't fit into. Very expensive as well and I will not be buying despite what Carla Laszlo says.

CC

Yep, so predictable. New year, new you. Here's some elastic pants to hold in all the crap you ate over xmas ... I'm so bored with it all.

Yeah, and I bet the models will all be about 19 and perfectly slender. I remember the previous brand "Women With Control," when they featured people with real weight issues. It was a bit of a flabfest but did actually serve to demonstrate the efficacy of the products. I remember one pair of knickers featured a kind of fishnet design and when the model removed them she was left with a red diamond pattern over her legs. The camera quickly zoomed out!

Last edited:
Julius you are exactly right. They hardly ever show shapewear on fat people because if they did they wouldn't sell any. On the other hand, doesn't Debbie Flint say she wears it . . . . . . .

I think when they do the befores and afters they make the models wear underwear that's too small and shows all the flab and lines and then they miraculously put on the vercella vita (along with bigger pants and a size bigger dress) and they look sooooooooooo much better. Well there's a surprise.

CC

Julius you are exactly right. They hardly ever show shapewear on fat people because if they did they wouldn't sell any. On the other hand, doesn't Debbie Flint say she wears it . . . . . . .

I think when they do the befores and afters they make the models wear underwear that's too small and shows all the flab and lines and then they miraculously put on the vercella vita (along with bigger pants and a size bigger dress) and they look sooooooooooo much better. Well there's a surprise.

CC

I wonder if Jill Franks will present shapewear and say: "I simply couldn't live without this" etc. We'd all know that is total BS. She needs a good dinner down her!

I tried some of this & it just made me hot. Also my skin didn't like the pants material. Anyone else find that?

I tried some of this & it just made me hot. Also my skin didn't like the pants material. Anyone else find that?

It's probably because they are so clingy and made from synthetic material to get the stretchiness. I don't like a certain type of socks they sell in Primark because the elastic round the top digs into my ankle and restricts circulation to my feet, and the synthetic material is horrid. I had to drive to Leicester the other week and after a while my left foot felt dead and I couldn't press the clutch pedal in my vehicle.

Yes, they made me very hot as well and the vest tops made my skin itch. Most of the summer dresses QVC sell that are made in that stretchy nylon type material (Ronni Nicole, Nina Leonard) are also incredibly hot in warm weather and end up very sweaty. Not nice.

CC

Yes, they made me very hot as well and the vest tops made my skin itch. Most of the summer dresses QVC sell that are made in that stretchy nylon type material (Ronni Nicole, Nina Leonard) are also incredibly hot in warm weather and end up very sweaty. Not nice.

CC

I bet the Michele Hope stretchy lace is horribly uncomfortable midsummer.

One way to ruin a night out is too wear shape wear. If you want to go to the Ladies It's like going ten rounds with Mike Tyson, by the time you peel the garment off you are sweeting all over and exhausted.

I wear their tank top bras all the time. They are lovely quality. I buy them on eBay after people have sent them back. They are not shapewear items.

Yes I like those like the Aaah bra that you can get in Asda for £6. Shapewear just has to be tight to hold you in and therefore it is going to be uncomfortable. If it's not tight then it's not going to make much of a difference.

CC

Totally agree CC, 'proper' shapewear is not just an undergarment that's basically another layer. Shapewear is tough to get into, and like concrete once on, if its going to work and make a difference.

The VV bras are probably ok to sleep in but useless as support for the larger breasts, and again, just become another layer otherwise.

In another life I did wear the 'push it in and pull it up' stuff, and oh god, the relief when it was peeled off at night, but by hell it worked, - a flatter tum with a recognisable waist (unlike now). So you have to pay good money for the shapewear if its to work.

Totally agree CC, 'proper' shapewear is not just an undergarment that's basically another layer. Shapewear is tough to get into, and like concrete once on, if its going to work and make a difference.

The VV bras are probably ok to sleep in but useless as support for the larger breasts, and again, just become another layer otherwise.

In another life I did wear the 'push it in and pull it up' stuff, and oh god, the relief when it was peeled off at night, but by hell it worked, - a flatter tum with a recognisable waist (unlike now). So you have to pay good money for the shapewear if its to work.

What brand of torture stuff did you use please.....the Quality Street's have started arriving!

I remember seeing my gran wrestle with her corset back in the 60's. Miss Mary of Sweden, I believe was the brand. Seems it's an age old problem!

The best shapewear I've bought is from M&S. I've got a full slip & a half one that has integral cotton knickers, this one's brilliant & it's a shame they no longer sell it. I have a few dresses I'd never wear without this 'help'. I always step into them, never use fabric conditioner & wouldn't wear them on a really hot day. I've lost 17 pounds since the end of September & have tried on all my fitted clothes & for the first time in a few years I won't be needing them.

Well done on that weight loss Twilight!I need to take myself in hand even though it is Christmas, have had a stressful year (ongoing) but it is no excuse to let all the good eating & drinking habits to go out the window.I wear M&S shapewear longer leg pants most of the time & find them comfortable.Have just bought some of these soft bras as my usual underwired were cutting into me, probably because I have expanded!

I remember seeing my gran wrestle with her corset back in the 60's. Miss Mary of Sweden, I believe was the brand. Seems it's an age old problem!

Yes!!! Miss Mary of Sweden! I remember as a child looking through mum's catalogue and wondering what on earth those ladies were wearing :mysmilie_17:

CC

Latest posts

Back