Great advice from Ms Chuntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
The Chuntley’s advice this p.m—‘don’t do your shopping in the High Street with all the car parking, struggling to get something’ we get the drift, instead stay in, keep warm,delivered to your door etc.etc.& shop with QVC.
Sound advice ( except my local H.St.is a nice place to be) but I do sometimes stay warm & dry with a glass of wine in hand but buy from companies who don’t fleece me on P&P & deliver to my door in a couple of days AND offer free returns.Thanks for the advice though!

I heard her say that. I went shopping to a local Christmas market yesterday. Although I was pretty tired at the end of the day (I had spinal surgery last month) it was lovely to be out soaking up the Christmas spirit. And parking at the P&R was £2.50 for the WHOLE day :mysmilie_12:

That would make you feel better Millie’s Mum to achieve that so soon after surgery and we forget about atmosphere.Hope your recovery continues well.

I heard her say that. I went shopping to a local Christmas market yesterday. Although I was pretty tired at the end of the day (I had spinal surgery last month) it was lovely to be out soaking up the Christmas spirit. And parking at the P&R was £2.50 for the WHOLE day :mysmilie_12:

Aw you look after yourself MM. :mysmilie_3:

As for Chuntley, I bought roughly ten things in town yesterday, if I'd have taken Chuntley advice my items would've cost about an extra £60 (QVC postage) but when I want to stay in nice and warm and shop, I too shop with companies that offer cheaper goods with free p&p, I don't think Chuntley ever comes out of her QVC bubble and would be shocked if she ever did and seen how retailers (except QVC) have evolved to make our shopping experience as stress free as possible.

Or you could stay in and order with Amazon and receive excellent value, super delivery and customer service! I like the high street too. We had a French market in Muswell Hill today - and I bought loads of DVD's of classic French films from 60s - 80s.

Our town is fab for shopping.not just the high street, we have a couple of good retail parks and a huge M&S foodhall. Many offer free or low-cost click and collect. Lots of places for lunch or coffee & cake too. We can have a nice few hours out shopping and save money over QVC.

I went back to the second day of the French market in Muswell Hill and bought about 10 different bars of soap - soap far more amazing than anything the blinged-up Alexis could hope to tout, and for a far better price. I now have olive, aloe vera, honey, lavender, honey, lavender and lemon, coconut, propolis, shea butter, sweet almond and lemon soaps. It was pleasant to chat to the stallholders, try different things - including brie with truffles - and was nice. Just makes me realise how over-hyped l'Occitane is. Clients pay a premium for Ms Snooty to clank her bracelets against a bowl and squeeze about 19 different cweemth on her hand even though they all look the same!

I've just seen an advert for shopping in your local high street, I think it was for Visa but it was very cosy.

I went back to the second day of the French market in Muswell Hill and bought about 10 different bars of soap - soap far more amazing than anything the blinged-up Alexis could hope to tout, and for a far better price. I now have olive, aloe vera, honey, lavender, honey, lavender and lemon, coconut, propolis, shea butter, sweet almond and lemon soaps. It was pleasant to chat to the stallholders, try different things - including brie with truffles - and was nice. Just makes me realise how over-hyped l'Occitane is. Clients pay a premium for Ms Snooty to clank her bracelets against a bowl and squeeze about 19 different cweemth on her hand even though they all look the same!

That's a lot of soap, J!!!!

Is Muswell Hill in posh(ish) N. London, like Belsize Park, etc?

I used to live in London years ago and I loved all the markets - Petticoat Lane on a long lunch hour and Camden Lock on a Sunday were my favourites. Now we have the farmers market in the next town once a month but it's quite tiny compared to the London ones. You still get some lovely things though - especially the bread, yum.

CC

I left the big city life & Christmas time was stressful.Pushing through crowds trying to find parking, no wonder on line shopping has taken off.Now I am in a small town & yesterday could walk from home to the Main Street, browse the small individual shops have a coffee & a bite to eat in the cafes ( no self service, juggling with a tray & shopping bags) Christmastime has returned to how I remember years ago.

Latest posts

Back