Decleor TSV 06/01/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ha anyone's Decleor arrived yet, & what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
The eye gel is making my skin & eye itch ( it’s somehow making its way into eye)

I love the eye cream, been using it for a few months now. I wonder if you are using too much, you really need a tiny amount.

I love the eye cream, been using it for a few months now. I wonder if you are using too much, you really need a tiny amount.

You are maybe correct .... I must admit I enjoy the cooling effect & swelling under eyes greatly improves, takes away that heavy / tired feeling that makes me feel run down on a long shift.
I’ll persevere , pay more attention, rather than rushing getting organised in morning

Does anyone have any f/back on the harmonie cream please? Mines on A/O & I told myself that if reviews etc were poor I'd cancel. Bear in mind there is a Perricone & Alpha H to come.....

This may sound like a silly question but do the Decleor rose products smell heavily of rose? I don't like strongly fragrance skincare, and rose is one of my least favourite scents.

Not at all!! I hate rose scented shower gels, candles etc....but Decleor Rose is nothing like those rose scents have used it for years and love it!!!

Having now used my TSV I am going to change my answer on this! The new Aromessence is lovely, beautiful smell and the moisturiser is nice too, neither have a traditional rose fragrance. However the night balm is disappointing, it has a very strong traditional rose fragrance, such a shame as I love the old rose balm!! Anyway thankfully some places are still selling the old one so I will stock up.

Having now used my TSV I am going to change my answer on this! The new Aromessence is lovely, beautiful smell and the moisturiser is nice too, neither have a traditional rose fragrance. However the night balm is disappointing, it has a very strong traditional rose fragrance, such a shame as I love the old rose balm!! Anyway thankfully some places are still selling the old one so I will stock up.

That's such a shame that Decleor/L'oreal have once again meddled with a formula. I'm guessing they've added fragrance to it - it would be very £££ to make if it was mostly pure rose oil added to give the rose smell. Mine has arrived today - I ordered the neroli.
May try the balm on doggies foot/pad as he's trodden on a thorn - which I removed (Quarter of an inch!!!!) - but he's still 'dipping' a bit. He's such a 'Susan'.

That's such a shame that Decleor/L'oreal have once again meddled with a formula. I'm guessing they've added fragrance to it - it would be very £££ to make if it was mostly pure rose oil added to give the rose smell. Mine has arrived today - I ordered the neroli.
May try the balm on doggies foot/pad as he's trodden on a thorn - which I removed (Quarter of an inch!!!!) - but he's still 'dipping' a bit. He's such a 'Susan'.

I always found the texture and feel of the old rose balm different to the neroli or iris ones. Much more greasy, no issue with the scent as I'm not really a fan of rose in skincare.

I doubt this is the case!

The rose balm is now organic so they will likely have changed the amounts and types of roses they are putting in it so that will why the smell will be different. They are probably using more of a rose that has a traditional rose scent than they did in old formula.

I love the Christmas TSV the best part of the day is smelling the oil or balm I am using. I am hooked

I doubt this is the case!

The rose balm is now organic so they will likely have changed the amounts and types of roses they are putting in it so that will why the smell will be different. They are probably using more of a rose that has a traditional rose scent than they did in old formula.

I can't comment definitively without scouring the packing for new & old varieties - the clue was in the words "I'm guessing" in my previous post. I will say however that I opened my neroli balm from the tsv last night & it's changed from the previous. Less essential oils & the basil oil (one of my faves) has been removed. I was underwhelmed with the Harmonie 'mask' also, but I may have used too much.

Last edited:
I can't comment definitively without scouring the packing for new & old varieties - the clue was in the words "I'm guessing" in my previous post. I will say however that I opened my neroli balm from the tsv last night & it's changed from the previous. Less essential oils & the basil oil (one of my faves) has been removed. I was underwhelmed with the Harmonie 'mask' also, but I may have used too much.
You always have the 30 day mbg, that’s what it’s there for. I know it’s a bit of a faff to return , but we really should if not happy. I have kept loads I’m not really happy with, no more.

Neroli balm was reformulated and is now called Neroli Amara but according to Decleor website it still contains Basil.

This looks shite (sorry fans)

The first ingredient is TALC!!!! Also contains Fragrance!
States 98% natural ingredients, which therefore means that 2% of them are 'non naturals' :mysmilie_10:

I think talc is a product to be avoided. It is something I have barely used in years gone by. Been something in the press about it being linked to ovarian cancer as some talcs have additives. I am quite surprised Decleor is using this in their expensive products.

Neroli balm was reformulated and is now called Neroli Amara but according to Decleor website it still contains Basil.

You are right, Basil is in the ingredients on the Decleor site, as Ocium Basilicum, but it's certainly not in my Neroli balm, nor on the ingredients on the reverse of the box that I have right here.
Infuriatingly there are further deviations (from the ingredients listed on site) shown on the listing on my box. I'm rather surprised, & not very pleased about this as I loved the previous edition with the Basil.
I don't know what Decleor are playing at, but I'm thankful to you for pointing this out as I now have the ammunition required to get CS to come & pick up order at their cost!

You always have the 30 day mbg, that’s what it’s there for. I know it’s a bit of a faff to return , but we really should if not happy. I have kept loads I’m not really happy with, no more.

How have you found the eye gel Llloyd? This may be the deal breaker for me if it's V good, but I suspect it may irritate. Decleor seems to becoming more & more irritating lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, Basil is in the ingredients on the Decleor site, as Ocium Basilicum, but it's certainly not in my Neroli balm, nor on the ingredients on the reverse of the box that I have right here.
Infuriatingly there are further deviations (from the ingredients listed on site) shown on the listing on my box. I'm rather surprised, & not very pleased about this as I loved the previous edition with the Basil.
I don't know what Decleor are playing at, but I'm thankful to you for pointing this out as I now have the ammunition required to get CS to come & pick up order at their cost!

How have you found the eye gel Llloyd? This may be the deal breaker for me if it's V good, but I suspect it may irritate. Decleor seems to becoming more & more irritating lately.

I didn’t go for the TSV in the end. I use Hydrotenseur, I still have a couple of bottles. I do prefer Gatineau defilift eye as I have hooded eyelids. Recently tried the Liz Earle eye bright, found it very drying.
Been pinching hubby’s Elemis eye reviver, now that’s really good.

I didn’t go for the TSV in the end. I use Hydrotenseur, I still have a couple of bottles. I do prefer Gatineau defilift eye as I have hooded eyelids. Recently tried the Liz Earle eye bright, found it very drying.
Been pinching hubby’s Elemis eye reviver, now that’s really good.

I'm unable to use all of those except the Elemis (not tried) Bah.

I like all the Decleor from the last two TSVs but it does get my goat when they start chopping and changing the formulas and even more gets my goat when they discontinue things that are really good and that I use all the time.

CC

I haven't used Decleor for years, but I remember their Vitaroma range was lovely, it got discontinued of course.

Decleor has been taken over by different companies over the years, most recently L'Oreal. They have gone the classic route of changing (cheapening) products, until they end up a shadow of their former selves.

Aveda is a perfect example of this sort of thing after EL took it over. Liz Earle after she sold to Avon, and now we hear Elemis is being taken over etc. etc.

They all think customers won't notice subtle...or not so subtle changes, but we do!

Latest posts

Back