Can any of you ladies answer this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Retrovertigo

Registered Shopper
I am hooked on IT cosmetic shows whenever they are on. Mainly because I'm left agog at the difference between makeup and no makeup.....it's staggering at times. And not always in a good way.

Anyway, a show which was repeated a few times recently also included the brush for applying the makeup and they kept saying how the brush alone was worth £35. THIRTY FIVE QUID!!! For a brush...I mean........why/how????

IT brushes look very dense which is good and £35 for synthetic hairs is gobsmacking, I’d expect sable for that price. Their brush sets seem more cost effective. They would probably say they are ergodynamically fabulous! On the whole decent brushes are expensive, Boots by me devote a whole aisle to them.
https://www.itcosmetics.co.uk/search?q=Brushes

Professional makeup brushes can cost BIG MONEY, and make IT brushes seem cheap.

Shu Uemura, I once spotted a tiny eye brush which was over £50.

Tom Ford brushes are expensive.

I have a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow brush cost me £20 back in 1999 and as I have taken care of it still as good as new.

There is a Japanese brand(cannot remember their name at the moment) whose brushes cost £££.

Think of it like paint brushes. You buy cheap ones and whilst paint the wall or whatever leaves loose hairs behind, you buy quality brushes get a good finish and take care of them and they last years.

I am hooked on IT cosmetic shows whenever they are on. Mainly because I'm left agog at the difference between makeup and no makeup.....it's staggering at times. And not always in a good way.

Anyway, a show which was repeated a few times recently also included the brush for applying the makeup and they kept saying how the brush alone was worth £35. THIRTY FIVE QUID!!! For a brush...I mean........why/how????

They are handmade in secret workshops by specially trained fairies. Each one has a magical ingredient woven into it that transforms its owner into a vision of loveliness. The alternative could be that they are just ridiculously expensive.

Professional makeup brushes can cost BIG MONEY, and make IT brushes seem cheap.

Shu Uemura, I once spotted a tiny eye brush which was over £50.

Tom Ford brushes are expensive.

I have a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow brush cost me £20 back in 1999 and as I have taken care of it still as good as new.

There is a Japanese brand(cannot remember their name at the moment) whose brushes cost £££.

Think of it like paint brushes. You buy cheap ones and whilst paint the wall or whatever leaves loose hairs behind, you buy quality brushes get a good finish and take care of them and they last years.

Ahhh my first brush was Shu Uemura my mum and dad got me from London early 1980 after I coveted one from a fancy mag. I still have it along with a large box of brushes collected over the years. Most MUA say you only need a few good brushes or your good old fingers.

I can never understand why people feel the need to spend huge amp it’s of money on cosmetics and accessories. I think the whole lot of it is totally overpriced. I never watch the beauty shows these days as it’s all a load of codswallop imo.

I remember when the only brush you needed was a Kabuki brush, or so they told us. I did buy one and years on I still use it, when I bother to use make up.

Makeup brushes are expensive just look at these links......IT are not alone

https://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/products/13995/brushes-tools?cm_sp=gnav-_-menu-_-tools

https://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/products/13802/Products/Brushes-Tools/Brushes/All-Brushes

https://www.narscosmetics.co.uk/en/products/brushes-tools

Blimey. Until I read this thread I had no idea! I buy Boots No.7! I do get Laura Geller in a TSV and I did buy a Ted Baker (before hug-gate) gift set which had a couple of brushes in. Actually I did notice those seemed rather poor. But I followed the link to IT and have to say I liked the look of the £55 brush set. Fortunately for my bank balance I shall not be buying as my credit card bill has just landed and includes my latest pair of glasses! Eek!

Zoeva does some really nice quite inexpensive brushes I use their Kabuki non-animal hair for applying powder.

Some swear by Real Technique but there are only two I really liked and only one I use all the time. Its small with a fluffy head and I use for the highlighter.

I once had a Laura Mercier blush brush which shed like a dog! I was told to wash it still did not help, in the end, I gave it away. Strangely the best blush brush for me was the Liz Earle £12.50 one which they discontinued. Has an angle but I find it fantastic.

I use Ecotools, I wash them once a month in shampoo, dry them in the sunshine or by a radiator & they're fantastic.

I have boxes of brushes from TSVs and other sets so I can start using a new one if I don't have time to wash them. That said, the best money I've spent recently on beauty tools was this brush cleaner (bought with vouchers this January). There are a few cheaper alternatives on the market too. It's so quick to wash and dry a range of brushes with all different handle shapes and lengths.

One last word: double-ended brushes are the work of the devil! You can't stand then in a pot, and once they've rolled off the dressing table a couple of times I chuck them out!

Molton brown and dare is say Bobbi Brown brushes are superb. you don't need dozens so just buy three that you will use and get the best. hate cheap make up brushes

I really rate Hourglass brushes,and I’ve been very impressed with a full set I bought from Beauty Pie,but it won’t stop me buying more as I have an obsession with them.

I really rate Hourglass brushes,and I’ve been very impressed with a full set I bought from Beauty Pie,but it won’t stop me buying more as I have an obsession with them.

I have an Hourglass eyeshadow brush I use all the time worth every penny, I would have to go check but it might be No: 4?

As for cleaning them, any form of liquid product washed straight away, powder products I have a Paula Dorf spray I use inbetween and then when I think they look like they need it use Beauty Blender soapless soap and plastic scrub thing or Dr. Bonner Unscented liquid soap.

I still use the original Beauty Blender get a good 6 months at least out of each one.

I have boxes of brushes from TSVs and other sets so I can start using a new one if I don't have time to wash them. That said, the best money I've spent recently on beauty tools was this brush cleaner (bought with vouchers this January). There are a few cheaper alternatives on the market too. It's so quick to wash and dry a range of brushes with all different handle shapes and lengths.

One last word: double-ended brushes are the work of the devil! You can't stand then in a pot, and once they've rolled off the dressing table a couple of times I chuck them out!

I know what you mean but I bought a little rack thing on eBay (or Amazon) for about £2 and it holds them laterally. It's not fantastically made but does the trick. I can't find them online now but it's similar to this (mine is not as tall but it does hold 6 - actually more because if the brushes are not fat, you can put two together).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cosmetic...h=item3d7199d7c7:g:iNwAAOSwEFFbgcd8:rk:1:pf:0

Ooh I like the look of that! Thanks Andi :mysmilie_59:

I do wonder about myself sometimes - I just realised it is the same rack but mine is lying on the long side. I just tried it the way it is in the eBay photo and it won't hold two in every "slot" like that so I've put it back the way I have been using it, even though it has a bigger footprint my way (doesn't bother me where I've got it). It comes in 4 pieces (2 sides and 2 connecting pegs which you push together) and when you look at it, it's not much for £2.99 (on eBay) but I've seen them much dearer.

1.jpg

Latest posts

Back