Are Join & Yong Kim

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yong kim fit is good but only on the grey market do I buy them. join is very variable. the fit varies, the quality and the fabrication lol

I will not miss them, I never saw one item I would wear,and imo the prices were ridiculous.

They are still on at times but don’t appear to be flavour of the month/week/day anymore.

I think the price point and being on every time you switched on have sickened even those who are interested in the brands.

Kipling and B&W both have fallen into this - when I first watched the shows sold out early but then they were on so often that the novelty wore off.

I can appreciate clothing ranges even though I would never consider buying/wearing them.Yong Kim was definitely in this catagory but I could not abide seeing people being charged well over the top for a product that could be made for a pittance, and most probably was.

I think the same of Marla Wynne now. Started off ok but now there is nothing I'd wear and the prices have gone sky high.

I've had a few Yong Kim items from Last Clicks (not the crumpled-effect fabric) and they wash and wear well. I also have a Join TSV which I fully expected to return but I've worn it a lot over the past couple of years. I suspect they aren't ranges that QVC think will sell well in the winter so they push the knit-wear brands more? Or Ingrid is in hibernation til March?

I think many brands have a decent enough quality when they first arrive on Q but unfortunately all it takes is a few TSV’s and it all goes down the Swanee.

The amount of MW TSV’s on eBay is a fair indication of this.

I quite like 'flowing' clothes, my Mr T doesn't. I have bought a number from eBay & they're great for wearing at home but awful for wearing under a coat & putting a wrap or poncho over them just makes me look like Margaret Rutherford as Madame Arcati in 'Blythe Spirit'

Marlawynne is far from premium though the clothes are over baggy in areas where it should fit and the fabrics bobble and pill

Marlawynne is far from premium though the clothes are over baggy in areas where it should fit and the fabrics bobble and pill

The proof is in the wearing.They have tried to present MW as some special designer range & it is OK when models are swanning around in the studio but the fit seems hit & miss and the fabrics do not wear well.Always thought the quality was lacking & items overpriced.After ordering a couple of pieces in the beginning & returning, have never been tempted since.

Years ago I bought a very classic George simonton (sp?) dress from Q. It fitted life a glove and was exceptionally well made. I made the mistake of keeping it for “good” rather than work and although it is as classy as the day I bought it I no longer fit into it. I still have it and intend to shed the extra lbs [stones more like] so I hope I can get at least one more wear out of it.

Really serious this time, ordered a treadmill which arrived today - god knows where I’m going put the bliddy thing. Hoping if I am constantly tripping over it I will be forced to use it.Need to do something as I am finding myself getting depressed which isn’t something I need more of.

Next thing you know I will be tuning into New Year New You!!!! Noooooooo!

Really serious this time, ordered a treadmill which arrived today - god knows where I’m going put the bliddy thing. Hoping if I am constantly tripping over it I will be forced to use it.Need to do something as I am finding myself getting depressed which isn’t something I need more of.

I have a Tony Little treadmill, remember him? Seriously, it's great. I use it to hang all the clothes on that I want to get into. Perhaps one day I might actually unfold it and use it! :D

Seriously though, good luck :)

I have a leather Elements coat bought many years ago on QVC, think it was meant to be a car coat length but as I am small it comes down to my knees. I still wear it and it even has it's own dust over! I have recently had someone ask where I got it and I said QVC years ago and it didn't cost £100. They didn't believe me it was that old and or that inexpensive for the quality.

As for Yong Kim, I blame Trump! Since they have because best friends and Yong has been travelling to visit him and South Korea he just has no time to design for QVC:mysmilie_17:

Years ago I bought a very classic George simonton (sp?) dress from Q. It fitted life a glove and was exceptionally well made. I made the mistake of keeping it for “good” rather than work and although it is as classy as the day I bought it I no longer fit into it. I still have it and intend to shed the extra lbs [stones more like] so I hope I can get at least one more wear out of it.

Next thing you know I will be tuning into New Year New You!!!! Noooooooo!

Love it! You are funny! I'm just the same!

When I first watched Q people’s perception was that (in the words of AH) it was all tat but I loved the products, even some clothes despite always being overpriced.

Most other companies try to improve their image, get a little nearer JLP rather than Poundland but not Q. Instead it has reverted to market stall tat which is even tattier (is this a word?!,!)than it ever was 15 years ago. The only items still holding any streetcred are the high street names such as Skechers, Clarkes, Reiker and beauty brands.

I had a Marks £15 voucher for beauty and although there wasn’t anything I wanted it went against the grain to waste it but at the same time I didn’t really want to add more money. Also had 20% off on my Sparks card so ended up with 2 Nails Inc gel varnishes for an extra £2.60.

Mr L was tagging along and as I walked through the beauty department he kept saying “didn’t I see that on Q the other day” including Neom which was a TSV last week.

Q is well past it’s sell by date.

Latest posts

Back