Lakeland dryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I like Lakeland and think their customer service is very good however the demo for the dryer isn’t totally honest.
All the items on the dryer have been ironed so are taking up far less room than wet washing so the BA rabbiting on about how much stuff she has managed to get on is being economical with the truth.

We have one of the Lakeland dryers and find it excellent.
It does take a whole machine load of washing and we use a count down timer so we don’t forget to turn it off.
Husband finds it tricky to get thicker items of clothing between bar, but I find it ok - he’s not 5hevmost patient or that good with small spaces !
The cat loves sleeping underneath the cover too, it’s like a warm tent for him. You can often hear cat snores coming from it !

I've got two, one upstairs and one down. They are great for drying your towel, proving bread dough, and also for airing washing, of course.

I think that most demos stretch the truth a little.
Most of the cleaning ones say the dirt is baked on, but I very much doubt it, or maybe my dirt is just more baked than theirs.
They will always try to paint their product better than it is.
Just think of it doing half what they claim.

I have had dryer & cover bought direct from Lakeland for about 2years & it is so useful, have a set of bedding & towels drying @ the moment.I can be a bit fiddly to get some items between the bars & I would have liked a longer electric cable as my plugs are not at floor level, but these are not serious problems.

the short lead is irritating but I love my airer. its not as quick at drying as the demo suggests but its a gentle heat that will never harm your clothes. plus I use it in the summer without the heat win win

We have one of the Lakeland dryers and find it excellent.
It does take a whole machine load of washing and we use a count down timer so we don’t forget to turn it off.
Husband finds it tricky to get thicker items of clothing between bar, but I find it ok - he’s not 5hevmost patient or that good with small spaces !
The cat loves sleeping underneath the cover too, it’s like a warm tent for him. You can often hear cat snores coming from it !

All of this post makes me smile......You've trained your hubby well.....When Mr.B tries to help by ramming clothes down the backs of the radiators I have to blow in & out of a paper bag....

All of this post makes me smile......You've trained your hubby well.....When Mr.B tries to help by ramming clothes down the backs of the radiators I have to blow in & out of a paper bag....

Even that's very well trained. Mr CC just moans that he's no clean or dry shirts. I've got him a washing machine manual for his Christmas and a 2 day training course on how to use the steam generator iron. Hah.

CC

Even that's very well trained. Mr CC just moans that he's no clean or dry shirts. I've got him a washing machine manual for his Christmas and a 2 day training course on how to use the steam generator iron. Hah.

CC

AAh but you've forgotten the golden rule......Men NEVER read the feckin' instructions! Drives me bliddy mad. Mr B is shite with 'the wand' but at least I get to drive during Strictly!

I suppose anything in 'selly telly' land is 'smoke and mirrors' and you just have to go with your 'gut instinct', mine personally is just to watch for the 'amazing' comedy value. I mean how anyone can stand and talk about a hairdryer or vacuum cleaner for an hour/30 minutes (resepctivelty) needs a medal. No, if you can 'see' it in your home and you think it will be useful then 'try it', after all isn't there something about a 30 day m-bg. The dryer however, whilst yes they are maybe being economical with the truth, I suppose it depends how you use it. My grandmother (now passed), use to have one, but she did use it after ironing, as an airer and living on her own she got more than enough space. If, however you are going to use it straight from the machine then, I can see the point that you will not be able to get as much clothing on there. Like anything, it depends how you use something as to getting the best from it!

you can dry heavy down coats on these airers even large feather and down duvets but its not a miracle it take two days maybe to do a duvet. it also closes down to a few inches so easy to put away

Yes, it’s great that is folds down quite small and the cover can be zipped up small to fit over the dryer.
I have my mother staying for Christmas so the dryer is collapsed and covered in their proper cover, so it’s not so conspicuous leaning against the wall in the spare bedroom.
Will just have to use the tumble dryer over Christmas now.

Latest posts

Back