Annoying New Presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Helen C.

Registered Shopper
Who is the very long dark hair ? She is quite exotic looking but I cant bear to listen to her as her voice is so abrasive and she talks really fast.

She was on with the Mia Tui lady the other day and I had to mute the sound as it was just doing my head in to listen to her, she is too loud , too manic !!

Who is the very long dark hair ? She is quite exotic looking but I cant bear to listen to her as her voice is so abrasive and she talks really fast.

She was on with the Mia Tui lady the other day and I had to mute the sound as it was just doing my head in to listen to her, she is too loud , too manic !!

The good thing is, you’ve gone to the trouble of signing up to shoppingtelly.com just so you can express your irritation (you’re in good company because a lot of us like a good vent on here!). So, welcome!

I’m afraid I don’t know the presenter you might be talking about. I’m not such a regular watcher as I used to be, though. Maybe someone else can fill us in.

Hi Helen and welcome to the madhouse! You'll fit right in! Is is Alex or Eilidh (the Scottish one that isn't Anne Dawson)? They both make my ears hurt!

Hello Helen, I'll add my welcome to the others & this is a great place to be.

Thanks for the welcome !!

I should have introduced myself- I`ve been a fan of this forum for years as been a Qvc customer from the start, - only just got round to joining.

Yes, Its Natasha, I also cant bear Katy Pullinger, Baby Claire, Simpering Chuntley, Queen Julia or Jill Franks (or Iggy Pop as she is known in our house).

As for Jackie Kabler - why do they let her go on air with her hair looking like it needs a good wash and brush?

Being Scottish myself Im afraid to say I can`t stand Anne Dawson`s accent (you know, as well etc) or Simon Biagi `s either (macho man)

I rarely buy from Q these days but sometimes watch and look for the items on ebay.

Thanks for the welcome !!

I should have introduced myself- I`ve been a fan of this forum for years as been a Qvc customer from the start, - only just got round to joining.

Yes, Its Natasha, I also cant bear Katy Pullinger, Baby Claire, Simpering Chuntley, Queen Julia or Jill Franks (or Iggy Pop as she is known in our house).

As for Jackie Kabler - why do they let her go on air with her hair looking like it needs a good wash and brush?

Being Scottish myself Im afraid to say I can`t stand Anne Dawson`s accent (you know, as well etc) or Simon Biagi `s either (macho man)

I rarely buy from Q these days but sometimes watch and look for the items on ebay.

Welcome!!! You didn't need to wait 3 years to post after joining. Hope you enjoy it now you have started. :happy:

Not seen this new presenter yet. I must admit though I find Katy P kind of fascinating to watch. Her teeth stand out so much, and to top it off it looks like she has whitened them so they stand out even more. They sort of hypnotise me!

I do like Alex, but her voice does grate a little. I'm also sick of them all turning into simpering little sycophants when any of them do a show with Ruth Langsford or Amanda Holden. I always get the feeling they are desperate to be friends with somebody who is actually well known.

And I agree about JK hair...it's ****** awful and yet she is always doing hair shows and talking about how good the products are. Use them then woman!

They're all annoying, but yes I think I know who you mean, I'm the same I rarely watch now but flicking through the channels the other week she was on one of their others, we discussed her a few weeks back I think she's the woman who wrote the arranged marriages book, sorry can't remember the name?

Oops yes Natasha, I was reading from the bottom up. Hi Helen, i feel exactly the same way about the presenters you mentioned, welcome and have fun. :mysmilie_3:

Mosquitoes love me & know that I shouldn't scratch the bites but I do. Watching the sales assistants on the Q is exactly the same & I've even been known to read their blogs... I excuse this weakness because I have low blood pressure & it pushes it up to somwhere near normal.

Welcome Helen,

It’s always reassuring when other viewers feel the same about the awful presenters otherwise I get to feel that it must be me just being grumpy. QVC fill our screens with so many presenters who have had long held ambitions to become famous but failed. How many times have we heard ‘ I used to be a dancer, I was a presenter, I am quite clever.......IIIIIII, ME ME ME! All those ambitions failed so they cling onto their QVC careers desperately hoping that they will be discovered or at least be recognised in WAITROSE, yes please note where they shop. One even rather dangerously invites viewers to pop into the shop she works in on a Tuesday afternoon and she frequently gives out her address! For a very intelligent person, she says so, she really should know that that is very unwise. Appearing with famous guests is one of the highlights of their careers ( I found watching JR presenting with Ben De Lisa uncomfortable, she didn’t quite know how to present herself) and why do they think it will impress us or make us shop more when we are told they have worked at QVC for many years?Personally, I don’t care. They should calm down and just do what they should be doing - presenting product that I might want to buy.

Sorry, but QVC are about to lose a customer, they are rapidly running out of chances. AD said the other day that every 5 star review represents thousands which have not been written. What if my comments represent thousands that have not been written???

Retrovertigo I agree on Katy P and her teeth - it is quite fascinating to watch, she manages to contort her mouth into so many different shapes:mysmilie_19:

Im about the same age as Julia , a year or two younger, and I would love to restyle her hair.

Its colour is way too dark as you lose pigment from your skin not just hair as you age, She would suit warm caramel tones and definitely a restyle, perhaps a slight fringe, maybe a long layered bob, - I think it would take years off her.

Also needs to rethink her makeup and go for softer colours.

Don't get me started on her clothes - she needs to go up at least one size as the stuff she wears isnt flattering on her at all.

As a:cheeky:similarly endowed lady I steer away from tight tops, high necklines and clingy shiny fabrics .

Well at least she talks at a reasonable pace but is annoying when she says numba instead of number .

The presenter most in need of a sedative to calm them down I think is Alison Keenan, - I can feel myself getting more and more tense when she is on as she talks at a 100 miles an hour,

Mostly have to mute a lot of the presenters because of their loud chatter.

Hi Helen, and welcome to the forum.

I don't recall seeing this new presenter but I share your views on many others!

Re Julia's hair, I think the length and thickness is all right. I would be pleased to have such a mane! But I did take mine down a couple of shades a couple of years back as whenever I dyed it, it looked very harsh against my (ageing!) skin tone. It suits me much better now I think.

Welcome from me too!

I’m at the opposite end from Twilight as I have high blood pressure and too much of the presenters and Bland ambassadors sends it into orbit (one day I’ll meet Richard Branson’s space thingy coming back).

I think we all agree on Chuntley being a silly bimbo but spaniel ears JF and Gatling gun Keenan have no excuse as they are supposed to be intelligent women.

Gee it has come to a bad show when Jill F is less annoying than most!

QVC is probably the only company left in Britain where you have a job for life !

The presenters cling to the ship for dear life, refusing to let go, so clearly the perk of constant free goods and regular tele work is like a drug they can't give up. What would Franks do without all her free beauty/cosmetics, or Julia being bessy mates with Simon Wilson, and poor old Craig would have to actually buy something if he left, that is of course if there's any space available in that flat of his.

QVC is probably the only company left in Britain where you have a job for life !

The presenters cling to the ship for dear life, refusing to let go, so clearly the perk of constant free goods and regular tele work is like a drug they can't give up. What would Franks do without all her free beauty/cosmetics, or Julia being bessy mates with Simon Wilson, and poor old Craig would have to actually buy something if he left, that is of course if there's any space available in that flat of his.

Chuntley would marry QVC (and herself) if it was legal.

I always find it fascinating how many of the brand ambassadors are actually listed as "actresses" - are they that desperate to be on TV that they will literally do anything?

More than that though, I find it almost mesmerising how Gill whatsherface (who I don't actually mind that much) and the blonde woman who does a lot of the electrical stuff with Gill, just can't stop speaking. The presenters try to go off on a tangent sometimes, but those two women in particular doggedly carry on talking, repeating the same things several times over. It's like they are afraid for their jobs if they stop talking for a second. I find it utterly bizarre.

I mean, they are on TV showing items...so we can see what they are like and don't need a constant stream of drivel trying to convince us of the benefits of buying whatever they are representing. Just take a breath for a moment for gods sake.

I wonder how it works by the way? Those two in particular seem to represent a fair few brands. Do they put themselves out there, or would companies see them showing off items and think they are a good fit for their products as well?

It doesn't surprise me that they're all in between jobs/resting/failed actors to be honest, although both presenters and guest presenters deserve an Oscar keeping a straight face selling the tat QVC offer. :mysmilie_17:

It doesn't surprise me that they're all in between jobs/resting/failed actors to be honest, although both presenters and guest presenters deserve an Oscar keeping a straight face selling the tat QVC offer. :mysmilie_17:
:mysmilie_17: from me too.

Latest posts

Back