FitBit TSV 11/1/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We took ours back, they are no good if you want to count steps as arm movements are counted. A friends daughter used if when she was pushing her baby in the pram and it hardly registered anything.

I won a fitbit in a competition a few years ago and I thought it would be good to show my GP how frequently I wake in the night even on meds strong enough to stop a tank. But it couldn't cope with how restless I am so I gave it to my son and he's found it useful for step counting etc.

Does this mean more of that dreadful woman who seems to believe this is more of a Star Trek tri-corder than a fancy wrist watch? She really does over sell it doesn't she?

I find only smug people wear a Fitbit - they love to tell you about it, which is why I hate this time of year - the magazines are full of ****** diets, or articles about people who have lost their own body weight and crow about it.

AND why is size 22 the magic 'disgusting' dress size ? Whether the weight losers are 23 stone or 17 stone they are ALWAYS a size 22 as their overweight size. That SO annoys me. I have fluctuated between a size 18 - 22 since I left school in 1965 and I have NEVER looked or been as large as those ladies who maintain they were a size 22. Judging by the 'before' photographs they look a size 26 or larger. What is never considered is body shape, large or slim legs, a plump or slender face, or height. A 5'2 lady and a 5'7 lady can be both a size 20, but the shorter lady will always look larger.

And when did a 14/16 become plus size? Yet when you go into DHS shops that is the size which sells out first which indicates to me than it is the Uk size a substantial number of woman fall into and we are not all obese!

Mr l bought me one BTBH I use it as a watch and when I go for a walk I look at the number of steps for a giggle otherwise unless you are serious about monitoring all sorts of bits I wouldn’t bother, plus I’m not convinced it is accurate. The number of stairs on mine seems to be a work of fiction. I find I have to flip my wrist quite sharply to read the face and I’ve never got the hang of the tapping of the face. Basically I’m not interested enough to figure it out.

I can clock up more steps walking around the supermarket doing my shop than I do on an actual walk.

Am I correct in saying the movement of your arm is fundamental in the tracking? I read about a hospital porter who walked miles and miles every day but because his arm was stationary on the trolley he pushes it didn’t count an awful lot of it.

Could be talking out of my BTM of course (worth at least 200 steps lol).

I love my Fitbit it just makes me get up and move and I enjoy counting my steps, it keeps me active as I can be a lazy mare.

I love how Mrs Over-enunciation keeps blathering on about how Craig had a health scare and that "without Fitbit he never would have known he wasn't raising his heart rate"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are a dozen ways he could have checked his heart rate, including sticking a finger on his wrist and checking his pulse!

It's astonishing how she really seems to believe that it almost gives you an MRI and CT scan when you are wearing it :)

Fitbit Charge 3 Special Edition Activity & Sleep Tracker
Item Number: 518319
QVC Price £144.00
Todays Special Value Price £124.98
P&P £5.95

The Special Edition Fitbit Charge 3 is an advanced health and fitness tracker that uses 24/7 heart rate and personalised insights to help you understand your health, and is designed to monitor your daily activity, from steps walked and calories burned, plus how long and how well you sleep. Boasting a personalised dashboard to keep you motivated, two straps and the addition of contactless payment technology you can smash your activity, fitness and wellness goals in 2019 with the Fitbit Charge 3.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Charge 3 special edition fitness tracker directly from Fitbit you’d pay £149.99. So to get it for our Today’s Special Value price of just £124.98, plus P&P, is a super saving of £19.06.

Bands for all - the Special Edition comes in a choice of new bands, including a soft fabric lavender band option and a contemporary sporty white silicone band. Both options also come with a black classic band in the box and both bands come in small and large options so there's no need to try and work out what size you need before you buy.

Hands-free funds - unlike the standard Charge 3, the Special Edition also has NFC contactless payment capability built into the software allowing you to 'touch' your Fitbit when you want to pay for anything from a coffee with pals to travel or even your shopping. Fitbit Pay makes the bridge between fitness tracker and smart watch and is currently available with the following banks: Boon by Wirecard, Danske Bank (Mastercard), Santander and Starling Bank (Mastercard).

Hi-tech smart tech - this latest addition to the Charge family is also water-resistant to 50 metres, dashboardand 40% larger, plus it's backlit, automatically adjusting to lighting conditions, making it easier to see stats, notifications or what time it is, in sunlight or at night.

Activity tracking and recording - activity like steps, distance, floors climbed, active minutes and calories burned are automatically tracked to show how every part of your day impacts your goals. Charge 3 automatically recognises changes in your general activities, such as walking, running, swimming and sleeping – with summaries instantly appearing on your Fitbit dashboard. The additional Multi Sport Mode, allows you to specifically track certain exercises like running, weights and yoga.

15+ goal-based exercise modes - you can choose from over 15 exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal and get real-time stats during your workouts to keep getting better. Plus when you're sleeping you can see your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personalised insights to help you improve.

See how far you've come - connected GPS allows you to use your phone’s GPS to see pace and distance on-screen during outdoor runs and rides. You can use your stats to help you improve each time, plus get a map of your run post-workout.

For the ladies - Female Health Tracking helps you know your body on a whole new level by using Charge 3 to track periods, record symptoms, see a predicted ovulation calendar and more.

The nudge you need - Fitbit Today is your daily on-screen dashboard that shows your health and activity stats to help you reach your goals, plus the Charge 3 helps you stay active throughout the day by sending you reminders to move.

Feature packed:

Up to seven days battery life
Guided breathing sessions based on your real-time heart rate
Choose your clock display based on the stats you want to see and the design that suits your taste, perfect for any occasion
Durable, lightweight design - with aerospace-grade aluminium, a smooth, flush case and Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Charge 3 feels both comfortable and substantial

Colours available:

Lavender and Black - a Special Edition fabric lavender strap plus a classic Black silicone strap
Frost White - a Special Edition White silicone strap plus a classic Black silicone strap

What’s in the box?

1 x Fitbit Charge 3 Activity Tracker
1 x Special Edition wristband - with small and large options
1 x classic wristband - with small and large options
1 x mini USB charging cable
Manufacturer's guarantee: 2 years

Sizes included:

Small: fits wrists 14cm - 18cm (5.5" - 7")
Large: fits wrists 18cm - 22cm (7" - 8.6")
Please note: each strap comes in three sections, one section with a buckle fastening, plus one small and one large section that you can choose from, dependant on your size

Added value:
Three-month Fitbit Coach voucher

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.518319

I had a Fitbit for ages, wore it as a watch and also liked keeping an eye on my activity level and sleep pattern. I upgraded from a Flex to an Alta, and eventually to a Versa - which I absolutely loved! Unfortunately, within a couple of weeks I developed a severe contact dermatitis in reaction to the strap of the Versa. I tried swapping to different straps, and all of them, including the expensive leather strap, caused the same reaction instantly. I grumbled about it on the Fitbit forum, and to be fair to Fitbit, they were brilliant, and offered me a full refund for the Fitbit and all the straps I'd tried. I think their customer service is very good. Mind you, I bought mine direct from them, not via another retailer.

The £5.95 P&P has put my heart rate up
For the life of me I just cannot see justification on this P&P..... it has put my daughter off for purchasing

Latest posts

Back