Joules TSV 24/1/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That is the only item that shows size 22 as an option and it is not available so I suspect it is an error, certainly not conclusive that Joules do larger than size 20.

I just wanted to offer up some info on the 'other retailer' everyone was asking about. Dream Girl has emailed them both so I'm sure more info will be on the forum soon.

I’m not holding out on Joules as I’ve emailed them about stocking up on an item that had sold out on two sizes I was wanting to try for fit.
Then emailing asking about a fit compared to the TSV in the end I’ve ordered a size that appeared back in stock, fingers crossed it’s not as big as the TSV.
But I’m holding out I’ll get an answer from John Lewis and when I hear something will update on here.

I’m not holding out on Joules as I’ve emailed them about stocking up on an item that had sold out on two sizes I was wanting to try for fit.
Then emailing asking about a fit compared to the TSV in the end I’ve ordered a size that appeared back in stock, fingers crossed it’s not as big as the TSV.
But I’m holding out I’ll get an answer from John Lewis and when I hear something will update on here.

Lovely! :happy:

Update...

QVC TSV
I’m now awaiting a pre paid label to return my jumper which was massive in fact 4-5” larger, than the quoted chest size and arm length suitable for a gorilla/Jill Franks.

Joules replied they don’t update items on the web site when they sell out .....
That’s really strange that, cause whilst awaiting a response one of the sizes that I wanted to order came back into stock!!!!
They responded to my question on fit in comparison to the TSV design, just by stating the measurements for the sizes I mentioned, as quoted on the web site size chart.
Brilliant NOT! Cause the measurement was the same quoted for the TSV.
So as I said one of the sizes I was interested in I snapped up and ordered the size that shouldn’t have been restocked.
Its now arrived and is also massive just like the TSV but shouldn’t be according to their size chart and repeated in the email.
Now since the Harbour top I got as a Christmas present is ok and the navy dog one I ordered off their eBay shop, thanks to the link on here are both ok for size ..... what do you do, but hubby has posted it back to Joules today, luckily it was free post both ways.

Now as for John Lewis and my question on their stocked sizes really helpful NOT!
The reply was to question me back as to what was the particular Joules item I was interested in.
So I possibly wrongly or not, I take from that response that they don’t clearly stock Joules in larger sizes, or why wouldn’t the person answering my email clearly say so.

I’m finding that all the high street brands differ from garment to garment especially if they have different colours (I assume made in completely different factories).

If I think a size looks a smidgen too small/big I often find just trying on another garment, same size/style/colour can be a half size (or more) different. I just don’t understand how this happens as they are all lazer cut by machines.

The days of taking your size in to a changing room and knowing it will fit are long gone.

Update...

Now as for John Lewis and my question on their stocked sizes really helpful NOT!
The reply was to question me back as to what was the particular Joules item I was interested in.
So I possibly wrongly or not, I take from that response that they don’t clearly stock Joules in larger sizes, or why wouldn’t the person answering my email clearly say so.

The problem is these enquiries will be directed to customer services; never to the design team, buyers or manufacturers' contacts at the retailer; so all they'll do is quote back to you the measurements from their website! :taphead: No one will take it out of its poly bag and measure it to check that it tallies with the listed sizes. That's why they ask for the item in particular.

Back to QVC - they used to measure garments live on air and had they done this for the Joules TSV maybe they would have fewer returns and happier buyers? It's not rocket science but they've lost their way: it's a way in which QVC can improve on a retailer's static web page - the ability to show the actual garment measurements; more useful than suggesting you can wear it in a caravan!

Sorry that's not really helping you DG.

There is a special discount offer on Joules eBay outlet ATM not sure if there is much available.

I am tempted by the pack away raincoat but uncertain about sizing and I can’t be arsed doing returns, so I might wait until I’m next in a store and take note of the size and hold on for another offer.

Looked on Q at reviews but they were very mixed so no wiser.

Managed a visit to the Joules shop at Cheshire Oakes yesterday.
If you park in the multi storey at the very back of the centre behind the Marks outlet you can come out at the far entrance which leads up the side of the Radley shop. There are a few steps here but a ramp is provided at the side.
Next to Radley is Joules there was buy a harbour top (prices vary) and get one half price. Bought two one at £22.95 and the other worked out at £9.47. I just went with the patterns I liked so I guess you could have got cheaper/dearer. Oh and more sizes in the back, as they checked for us. I also got a ? Marleston hooded sweatshirt £29.95 and beause I’d spent over £50 I got an extra £10 off.
Radley didn’t have a bag I had in mind for my next purchase so didn’t linger to get tempted as it was also very busy like Joules.
Just across and a little way down opposite the Marks outlet is Clogau and the Cath Kidston store with a couple of benches in between if required.
I managed to snap up a ivory quilted sweatshirt in my size reduced to £22 and a bag for my DD which she doesn’t like at £25. So that’s secured her a return visit with her Dad within a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back