Marla the designer?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Of course they are giving the hard sell but the reverence they give to Marla Wynne -Marla this Marla that is pathetic.Some of the reviews are dire and those prices? Sometimes you just get a feeling about garments & are not far wrong.There are a lot of people who have wasted a lot of money on p&p to discover the ‘designer’ piece not up to market stall standard.Apologies to market stalls throughout the land at least you are true to yourselves.

Of course they are giving the hard sell but the reverence they give to Marla Wynne -Marla this Marla that is pathetic.Some of the reviews are dire and those prices? Sometimes you just get a feeling about garments & are not far wrong.There are a lot of people who have wasted a lot of money on p&p to discover the ‘designer’ piece not up to market stall standard.Apologies to market stalls throughout the land at least you are true to yourselves.

Silver Fox you couldn't have encapsulated my thoughts better. I tuned in just now to see Ms Kabler's guest waxing on about Marla and what size she wears and whether she'd have the collar up, and something about the colour red and when she does red blah, blah, blah and I thought: "Who is this mysterious Marla in whose fashion sense we are all to trust?" They really do speak about her as though they are looking up at her from the bottom of a very high pedestal.

they fit the size models but nothing over xl the sizing is awful. don't get me going on the "FABRICATION"

I think Marla went to the same shapeless designer school as Join and Yong Kim...:yawn:

Well I had to return one of her 'knitteds' because of pulled threads on the front where it couldn't be missed, and for the price point it was pretty disgusting.

I'm getting fed up to the back teeth of watching the regular guest/stylist/whatever for Marla Wynne, as she would describe a dog turd as "absolutely beautiful/stunning/amazing, and the turned up collar is rubbish for practicability - makeup everywhere !!!!

(as an aside, the Q for Quality has clearly given up the ghost, as I had to return yet another knitted, by Frank Usher, as I discovered laddering on the garment - so much for Quality Control)

Well I had to return one of her 'knitteds' because of pulled threads on the front where it couldn't be missed, and for the price point it was pretty disgusting.

I'm getting fed up to the back teeth of watching the regular guest/stylist/whatever for Marla Wynne, as she would describe a dog turd as "absolutely beautiful/stunning/amazing, and the turned up collar is rubbish for practicability - makeup everywhere !!!!

(as an aside, the Q for Quality has clearly given up the ghost, as I had to return yet another knitted, by Frank Usher, as I discovered laddering on the garment - so much for Quality Control)

But "Marla wants drama in her clothes but not in her life!"

I think we can all design two square pieces of thin material together, stitch up the sides leaving a space for the arms, call it Marla Dim and get China to knock 'em out for £99p and charge £200 for it. Makes me laugh though the way she's called a "designer" and they talk about her as if she shows her collections on the runways of Paris, New York, Milan and Chiswick.

Everything manufactured has to be designed by someone. Does this make them a “designer” ?

I think we willl see this brand go ...marla hardly turns up for shows these days. its a shame as it could be better and most welcome. but not at that quality and that price point

I agree Boffy, the "WynneLayers" brand suggested that to me too!

Shame, because Marla's watchable and I wore my burgundy balloon dress again this Winter and it's washed and worn well for a couple of years now.

I agree, - I buy a lot of my 'miniatures' for my craft work direct from China instead of paying through the nose at Hobbycraft or even The Works. My friend makes some beautiful knitted ear-covering headbands for her craft stall, and charges just £4 each. When I showed her the same thing but covered with beaded embellishments, on a Chinese website for the same price AND free shipping, understandably she said she could buy them in, charge double and not have the hassle, BUT she enjoys the knitting.

Next time you see a jewellery stall on the market, you can guarantee the stuff has been bought in from China. I've seen 925 silver bracelets/pendants, earrings, all for much less than a fiver, so imagine the mark up profit on that !

I thought it was schmutter?

Any old spelling will do in English ! It comes from the Yiddish via Polish and I don’t think there is an official English spelling.

(I digress now ! My Dad was from that part of the world and although not Jewish, a lot of his WW2 co-refugees were. I remember so vividly when I was a child in the late 1950’s - early 60’s them getting together on a Sunday morning with salami, pickled herrings, caraway seed bread and bottles of vodka plonked on the table. All nattering in their respective languages but understanding each other. Those were the benign days of immigration.).

Any old spelling will do in English ! It comes from the Yiddish via Polish and I don’t think there is an official English spelling.

(I digress now ! My Dad was from that part of the world and although not Jewish, a lot of his WW2 co-refugees were. I remember so vividly when I was a child in the late 1950’s - early 60’s them getting together on a Sunday morning with salami, pickled herrings, caraway seed bread and bottles of vodka plonked on the table. All nattering in their respective languages but understanding each other. Those were the benign days of immigration.).

He sounds like a real mensch.

Latest posts

Back