A Very Happy New Year To You All

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for your lovely thought.Yes ‘18 was a tough year & ‘19 we’ll just have to see.I am trying to give support to a friend who was diagnosed with Cancer so many will know how that feels.SFXX

Oh no SF I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope 2019 gets better and stronger each day that passes for you and your friend and the outcome is a good one, yes unfortunately many of us have been there and it's an awful time to watch loved ones suffer, but don't forget if you need to talk XXX

Happy New Year everyone.

2018 was a terrible year for me. My Dad died a couple of months ago, and I am struggling with grief and I miss him so much.

I don't post lots, but I read the forum several times a day, and you always make me laugh, so thank you all.

Happy New Year everyone.

2018 was a terrible year for me. My Dad died a couple of months ago, and I am struggling with grief and I miss him so much.

I don't post lots, but I read the forum several times a day, and you always make me laugh, so thank you all.

I'm sorry to her of your loss, Anna. I wish you all the best for 2019 and hope you find a way forward in what is always a long journey. It does ease with time.

A reassuring start to 2019 knowing there are some very kind thoughtful and caring people out there.
Grief takes time Anna, take care and be kind to yourself & find support.

2018 was pretty awful for me too-my darling Mum has Alzheimers and its really taken hold last year,she had a terrible fall backwards downstairs and then developed sepsis from a deep hand injury.
She recovered but is struggling, and my Dad who is 90 is not coping so well.

Then I lost 2 of my 3 precious dogs within 3 months both sudden and unexpected illnesses and that devastated me.

Then to top it off my youngest and angriest sister decided to cause a heap load of trouble and upset everyone over the yr!!

I know people have far worse to cope with so I'll dust myself off and crack on!

Happy New Year to everyone-I'm not a prolific poster (more of a reader) but Ive been on here a long time and I love it!!
Long may it continue :)

Happy New Year everyone.

Aw Anna, I'm so sorry for your loss, life can be awful cruel, I lost my dad 22 years ago and he's still missed today, he adored his grandsons (who were only 8 and 10 when he passed) and we often talk about how he'd be so proud of them today, it's sad and painful and right now grief has got a tight hold of you, slowly it will release and the pain will get that bit easier, we're all here for you, take care xxx

A reassuring start to 2019 knowing there are some very kind thoughtful and caring people out there.
Grief takes time Anna, take care and be kind to yourself & find support.

Aw SF that's lovely xxx

2018 was pretty awful for me too-my darling Mum has Alzheimers and its really taken hold last year,she had a terrible fall backwards downstairs and then developed sepsis from a deep hand injury.

Then I lost 2 of my 3 precious dogs within 3 months both sudden and unexpected illnesses and that devastated me.

Then to top it off my youngest and angriest sister decided to cause a heap load of trouble and upset everyone over the yr!!

Happy New Year to everyone-I'm not a prolific poster (more of a reader) but Ive been on here a long time and I love it!!

That's absolutely awful, it really is. It doesn't matter if people have worse, what you're going through is heartbreaking. To lose you beautiful furry friends and your mums fall, and then to top it all your sister feels it's appropriate to act like that, Lemon, I really hope 2019 is amazing for you, you deserve it xxx

That is amazingly strong of you. If you can say that after the year you describe, you are doing a lot better than I would be doing.

It's so nice that people feel this forum has so much to offer them and it's somewhere they can turn when they have awful things happening in their lives.

I hope you and the other posters here who are describing their challenges will continue to find the forum a refuge or somewhere to turn for support. But most of all, I sincerely hope you don't actually need it because 2019 is going to be so much better. (Keep visiting anyway, though!)

Behind every one of our screen names is a real person battling life`s ups and downs. We may not have answers to those ups and downs or be able to help in a practical way but I like to think we all lift each others spirits and allow us to switch off from life`s trials and tribulations for a short while when we`re on here.
My beloved big sis is battling cancer, she is palliative and knows she cannot be cured but even now , ill as she is, she gives me an example of strength , kindness, selflessness and makes me want to be a better person.
My poor hubby has had his heart broken by his selfish, self centred daughter who has refused to speak to him and has verbally abused him because he still speaks to her ex husband and refuses to blank him on her say so. An ex hubby she didn`t want, who she was unfaithful to and who she literally threw out of her life even though the poor guy had done nothing wrong, she simply found a richer replacement to twist around her little finger and who also happened to be her employer. My hubby still looks upon his ex son in law as family and the father of 2 of my husband`s grandchildren and my husband has no bone to pick with him.
His daughter has made him ill, he idolised her , spoiled her and he and his late first wife gave up a lot for her and yet she has broken his heart and I have to try to pick up the pieces and put him back together again. He simply sits asking aloud "what have I done wrong, why is she treating me this way ?"and its as if he is in shock even after 6 months of her blanking him.
To add insult to injury she recently became engaged to her new man and my husband found out third hand via facebook and to top it all she has booked her wedding for October this year and on the same date as the anniversary of my husband`s first wife`s death. She seems determined to put her Dad in an early grave and knows full well he isn`t in the greatest of health.
I come on here when the anger grips me and I want to wring her neck or when I see my husband withdraw into himself as he sits in his own world forgetting I`m here as he constantly churns the whole thing over in his mind and you guys have given me laughs, the opportunity to calm down and keep my patience. I thank you all.

To the members who have shared their problems and sorrows and to those who do not feel able to share I hope you all have a some small periods of peace in 2019.

Reading these I feel pretty silly and selfish for moaning when in reality I have absolutely no problems by comparison.

Behind every one of our screen names is a real person battling life`s ups and downs.
Those words are so true Vienna.

We all have a story to tell, with not all happy endings, but that's life, and we play the cards we're dealt. Yes we're all anonymous on here, but face to face therapy with a Counsellor who is 'anonymous', or even calling the Samaritans at the end of a phone is no different really.

If we can give respite or help by just lifting the mood for a bit of a fellow forumite who's suffering, then we can all applaud ourselves.

:heart:

Happy New Year to you All you lovely Peeps !
I hadn’t been here mich as I couldn’t sign in and lots of adverts but all seems better
so sorry to hear people having hardships ;0(
Thinking of you all ..: this forum is my fave ever
������������������:mysmilie_12:

So sad to hear all these posts I feel for you all. My sister is undergoing chemo for breast cancer due to the faulty BRCA gene so I know what you are going through.

Happy New Year! I hope 2019 brings good health, good luck and good things to everyone. X

Thank you for your kind words and comfort - not just for me, but to all of us battling away silently through the tough times that life has thrown at us. I am sitting here crying at the moment, reading what other members are going through, and thinking about my Dad. But that is ok, crying does help a little.

I hope we all have a better year, and if not, at least we know that we have kind, caring members of this forum who are just a post away.

Thank you all. x

So sad to hear all these posts I feel for you all. My sister is undergoing chemo for breast cancer due to the faulty BRCA gene so I know what you are going through.

Lp, my heart goes out to you and your sister, I hope and pray everything goes well for her, love and hugs xxx

Thank you for your kind words and comfort - not just for me, but to all of us battling away silently through the tough times that life has thrown at us. I am sitting here crying at the moment, reading what other members are going through, and thinking about my Dad. But that is ok, crying does help a little.

I hope we all have a better year, and if not, at least we know that we have kind, caring members of this forum who are just a post away.

Thank you all. x

Ahh Anna, wish I was there to give you a big hug, you cry and cry some more, it's the most natural thing in the world when you've lost a loved one, sending you a big virtual hug xxx

I've got to say, there's a lot of bad people in this world, but this Forum and the kind, caring, beautiful people on it, restore my faith in humankind, thanks Sazza and Graham for having the best Forum, a Forum to be proud of were we can come to laugh, cry and support each other, thank you.

I hope everyone on the Forum has a Happy and Healthy New Year. Being healthy is the main wish for our family this year as the last two years have been horrendous. ������

Lp, my heart goes out to you and your sister, I hope and pray everything goes well for her, love and hugs xxx

Ahh Anna, wish I was there to give you a big hug, you cry and cry some more, it's the most natural thing in the world when you've lost a loved one, sending you a big virtual hug xxx

Thanks Shopperholic for my virtual hug. Sending one back to you too.

Latest posts

Back