Sorry this one just passed me by.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Having a moan about a clothes steamer being the first TSV of the new year as not being a very glamorous start to 2019 Mr L has just shown me an article that posting photos/films or whatever they are called, of you cleaning (toilets very popular apparently) was the biggest craze of 2018 and is set to continue into 2019 which will make cleaning products more expensive (along with the “B” word).

Dear god, I must be living under a stone because I’ve never even heard of it.

Do we think Q will mention it when next presenting Ecoballs etc.

I think I need a lie down in a darkened room.

Well that craze passed me by too LATI. I`ve never heard of it and thankfully none of my facebook friends (of which there are very few) have treated me to a photo of their loo, clean or not.
Whatever next I wonder ?

It’s all to do with the instagrammer Mrs Hinch who inadvertently started this craze with her posts on obsessive cleaning. She is young and glamorous and gives all the products she swears by personal names. She has lead to many products selling out everywhere with some Minky products like sponges and ecloths not being available anywhere for months and going for daft prices on Ebay, with others having massively increased sales such as Zoflora disinfectant!

She now has millions of followers, there are Facebook groups i.e. “the Hinch Army” and a new verb to “Hinch” something - leading to people posting pics of their ‘hinched’ toilet on Facebook! She has a book coming out later in the year, wonder if QVC are trying to snap her up as anything she touches is like gold dust at the moment! If not, they’re missing a trick

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/style/shopping/mrs-hinch-effect-causes-1-13518144

I haven't mastered the art of cleaning :mysmilie_17:

I was just going to say similar. The only reason to post a picture of me cleaning would be that it was a rare occasion! But then I wouldn't post any photo of me or anything I do anywhere ever.

I was just going to say similar. The only reason to post a picture of me cleaning would be that it was a rare occasion! But then I wouldn't post any photo of me or anything I do anywhere ever.

Me too. :mysmilie_19:

Is this really all these people have to worry about. It’s not a bit of wonder the world is in the state it is.

The lady who does our work office block cleaning did mention about a shortage of Zoflora but I had assumed it was because it was perceived to be an old fashioned product without current trendy adverts so wasn’t being produced/stocked by larger supermarkets.

The mention of Zoflora is making me smile because I discovered it on here (in a discussion about Poo Pourri) and am now a bit obsessed with it (not enough to put pictures on the internet though!). Maybe I am partly responsible for the shortage since I stocked up in Poundland and Savers earlier in the year. Nothing to do with daft Instagrammers, in my case - just the kind forum members and their recommendations.

I get my Zoflora in Wilko now Poundland has gone. I have been using it for years, didn't know I was trendy.:mysmilie_480:

My Mum used Zoflora on and in everything and I do the same. Handy stuff to have around.

I have some Zoflora but I have never used it. I am terrible at buying cleaning products and then finding that I have to put some effort in so I lose interest. I did read about the woman who put bleach and Harpic down her toilet together and the fumes were so bad that she called the fire brigade (why???)

I have some Zoflora but I have never used it. I am terrible at buying cleaning products and then finding that I have to put some effort in so I lose interest. I did read about the woman who put bleach and Harpic down her toilet together and the fumes were so bad that she called the fire brigade (why???)

fecking eejit :mysmilie_19:

Bleach can cause an explosion when used with some cleaning products, or cause toxic fumes. Cleaning is actually my job so I should be good at it but it's so boring it's hard to get excited about it.

CC

I saw loads of Zoflora in various "fragrances" in B&M this morning. Clearly nobody in this town/city does any serious cleaning !

On the subject of cleaning,I'm having a new bathroom fitted. Am I mad for scrubbing every surface in there to get it squeaky clean .......before the men rip it all out next Monday ??

On the subject of cleaning,I'm having a new bathroom fitted. Am I mad for scrubbing every surface in there to get it squeaky clean .......before the men rip it all out next Monday ??

This is the sort of thing my late mother would have done and a lot of it has rubbed off on me. Mr L tends to head me off at the pass if I’m being ridiculous.

I think it is the clean knickers in case you are knocked down syndrome.

Latest posts

Back