Laura Geller Fans some imporant news

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've placed my order on the Revolution website after watching some YouTube videos and sampling similar products in Superdrug; my order came just under £10 for 10 sale items and two of them were free as a part of promotion. Some of the items are really huge like a highlighter 12g for £1.20

Gosh, silly prices compared to what we have (sadly) become used to on QVC. Definitely worth a try when you are not spending a fortune. I do hope you like most, if not all, of your haul.

It may not always be super quality when you pay a lower price, but often a high price doesn't guarantee you are getting high quality. I watch a number of YouTube beauty channels, and the ones I watch most often draw favourable comparisons on more budget friendly brands.

I've placed my order on the Revolution website after watching some YouTube videos and sampling similar products in Superdrug; my order came just under £10 for 10 sale items and two of them were free as a part of promotion. Some of the items are really huge like a highlighter 12g for £1.20

I used a Revolution product today and thought of you, Marina. Don’t like to ask (in case you have not commented because you hate it!) but I assume your order arrived and I wonder what you thought? Hope there are a few things at least that you like and will use.

I was using a couple of the colours in an eye palette today and there was a bit of “fallout” but you can get that with many powders. I don’t expect miracles for a fiver.

Unlike last year doubt they will be having a whip round to buy her a Birthday present on GGG.:mysmilie_11:

I used a Revolution product today and thought of you, Marina. Don’t like to ask (in case you have not commented because you hate it!) but I assume your order arrived and I wonder what you thought? Hope there are a few things at least that you like and will use.

I was using a couple of the colours in an eye palette today and there was a bit of “fallout” but you can get that with many powders. I don’t expect miracles for a fiver.

You are right Andi, I wasn't terribly impressed by the new products and only tried three blushers so far out of ten. Perhaps I need a denser brush and try again as I was using the same one I'm using for LG, the double fiber so I don't pick up a lot of product. They seem to be a bit dull for my liking and not as pigmented as the LG ones, although in numerous reviews it was mentioned that the blushers were very pigmented.

You are right Andi, I wasn't terribly impressed by the new products and only tried three blushers so far out of ten. Perhaps I need a denser brush and try again as I was using the same one I'm using for LG, the double fiber so I don't pick up a lot of product. They seem to be a bit dull for my liking and not as pigmented as the LG ones, although in numerous reviews it was mentioned that the blushers were very pigmented.

Aw, what a shame. Is there anything at all that you like? I must say, like the reviewers, I too find the blushers very pigmented and have to be careful, especially with one which has a reddish streak in the marbling. I can only quite lightly touch the surface with the brush (a Real Techniques ones) and also lightly sweep it onto my skin. Also, if I go in too heavy, it looks super-shiny because of the lighter/highlighter streaks also in the pan - so, again, I haven't found them dull. Are the blushers you got marbled or just flat/matte colours? I can't remember how I got on with the more matte ones. I'll have to check them out again.

I know however much or little you spend on something you don't like, it is still a waste of money so I am sorry your risk was not rewarded. Persevere a little longer?

PS Just remembered I paid £29 for an Estee Lauder powder blusher a couple of years ago (well, it was £29 full price but I got 15% off and also a free gift). I can barely see it unless I pick up loads!

Aw, what a shame. Is there anything at all that you like? I must say, like the reviewers, I too find the blushers very pigmented and have to be careful, especially with one which has a reddish streak in the marbling. I can only quite lightly touch the surface with the brush (a Real Techniques ones) and also lightly sweep it onto my skin. Also, if I go in too heavy, it looks super-shiny because of the lighter/highlighter streaks also in the pan - so, again, I haven't found them dull. Are the blushers you got marbled or just flat/matte colours? I can't remember how I got on with the more matte ones. I'll have to check them out again.

I know however much or little you spend on something you don't like, it is still a waste of money so I am sorry your risk was not rewarded. Persevere a little longer?

PS Just remembered I paid £29 for an Estee Lauder powder blusher a couple of years ago (well, it was £29 full price but I got 15% off and also a free gift). I can barely see it unless I pick up loads!
I'm sure I need some more time to play with the blushers so shall persevere. The ones I tried were the round marble ones, they are probably better for winter than LG ones as Laura's are definitely more pigmented imo. I have some RT brushes and going to try to use them with Revolution, thanks for the idea Andi.

I have a bunch of LG blushers, and only the one which isn't marbled is wearable. I'll have to check when I'm home which one it is, but it's a peachy pink colour.

The amount of powder that flies up when you swirl any of them is insane though. I have to tap a fair bit off so I don't end up with an aunt-sally look...

I have also come to realise, from watching a load of YouTube beauty videos, that many of the blushers offered are too pigmented, too dark, and too shiny for most of the customers... It could be my inexpert application, I suppose...

I have a bunch of LG blushers, and only the one which isn't marbled is wearable. I'll have to check when I'm home which one it is, but it's a peachy pink colour.

The amount of powder that flies up when you swirl any of them is insane though. I have to tap a fair bit off so I don't end up with an aunt-sally look...

I have also come to realise, from watching a load of YouTube beauty videos, that many of the blushers offered are too pigmented, too dark, and too shiny for most of the customers... It could be my inexpert application, I suppose...

I bet you are less inexpert than I am. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing with any make-up to be honest. I look a bit washed out with no blusher at all but I've only recently started wearing it almost daily so I'm finding my way. It's very easy to over-do it.

I have an LG blusher in a small Get Gilded palette I got in a sale last year and I quite like it but you're right about powder-swirl clouds. There's a tiled area in front of the mirror where I do my make-up and wiping a tissue over it, it comes up brown-pink (a mixture of blush and eyeshadow, I suppose, as I use liquid foundations).

I ended up getting a Benefit blusher I much preferred to the LG one. It's called Hervana and they discontinued it! :mysmilie_10: I managed to snag a spare once I cottoned onto the fact it was not being stocked anywhere...

Once upon a time I was a dedicated makeup wearer... nowadays I'd rather have the extra few minutes reading in bed! :mysmilie_12:

I think makeup application improves with practice. You learn what techniques give you the finish you want... also you begin to understand whether the products you are using are helping or hindering you from getting the effect you need.

My routine, when I bother, is blusher applied on cheeks and eyes, and eyeliner. Always with a clear lip balm. It used to get compliments. I might have to consider going back to doing that again.

If I'm being fancier, I will do my brows as well. Again for this I'm a Benefit gal.

If I'm pushing the boat out more I will put foundation of some description on. I tend to prefer not to, as it just sinks into my fine lines, and I end up looking older than if I don't bother at all.

Things I rarely wear - mascara and lipstick. Those seem to be on most people's lists of must-haves. I just enjoy swimming against the tide, I suppose :mysmilie_50:

I hope there's a TSV soon. 🤞🏼

20190813_105305.jpg

I've just had an email telling me to get a flawless face with Laura Geller make-up, press the link to shop the full LG range. Well I would like to but..... I tried the website and still out of most B&B!

Well despite what Laura says QVC is still saying about BnB

We don't have a confirmed date at the moment but we are hoping to have this back in stock in the near future - Liam x

Though there is a live show on the 11/9

Latest posts

Back