Laura Geller Fans some imporant news

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just saw this & had to post it

"Caroline Hirons
Glansaol - the parent company of Laura Geller and Clark’s Botanicals, quietly declared bankruptcy Christmas week.
Both brands are now up for sale, so expect stock problems while everything is resolved."

ohh be intresting to see how this goes

What does this mean for the brand though, no more Laura Geller products? And if Glansaol got bankrupt can LG herself start all over again?

I read about this on a US forum last week, they have applied for Chapter 11. This seems is not full bankruptcy Mally also filed for it before she sold her company

People on there said not to panic as a new buyer should come forward.

I doubt Laura will want to start from the beginning again, that is why she sold the majority of the company in the first place to be able to relax and have time for herself. She closed the New York store before she sold the company.

Clark's is a very high-end expensive brand I know SpaceNK sale it.

Here you go from official news.

https://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/beauty-features/behind-glansaols-bankruptcy-1202939765/

Oh and it seems there are no LG shows scheduled for QVC US for the foreseeable future in 2019.

I wonder whether QVC US might be tempted to buy the name? A few years ago they might, but now I'm not sure they'd be inclined to. This would be bad news for LG users - QVC took over Tova and swapped to cheaper ingredients for the perfumes and scrapped the skincare and cosmetics lines. Would they pare down the brand to just spackle and B&B?

On Lord. I cannot bear the thought of having to find another foundation! That always becomes a major exercise.

I read about this on a US forum last week, they have applied for Chapter 11. This seems is not full bankruptcy Mally also filed for it before she sold her company

People on there said not to panic as a new buyer should come forward.

I doubt Laura will want to start from the beginning again, that is why she sold the majority of the company in the first place to be able to relax and have time for herself. She closed the New York store before she sold the company.

Clark's is a very high-end expensive brand I know SpaceNK sale it.

Here you go from official news.

https://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/beauty-features/behind-glansaols-bankruptcy-1202939765/

Oh and it seems there are no LG shows scheduled for QVC US for the foreseeable future in 2019.

Supposed to be shows on 8th January here

That will be interesting Sazza.

On the link to the thread from QVC US, there were shows scheduled on their beauty channel on New Year's Day and it seems did not happen. A few people early in the thread said Laura has a show on New Year's Day and then later in the thread people saying what happened to the show?

On Lord. I cannot bear the thought of having to find another foundation! That always becomes a major exercise.

Can I suggest Mineral Magic by Jerome Alexander (as used on the X Factor) Mazda, the original (light) in this suits me perfectly and good coverage, I'll be honest I've tried every powder foundation known to man or woman but this is amazing, always excellent reviews and I can vouch for them, it's only £10 too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...ls&sprefix=Jerome+,aps,422&crid=1GYM3GRMBAPX5

The other products in his range are good too.

Can I suggest Mineral Magic by Jerome Alexander (as used on the X Factor) Mazda, the original (light) in this suits me perfectly and good coverage, I'll be honest I've tried every powder foundation known to man or woman but this is amazing, always excellent reviews and I can vouch for them, it's only £10 too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...ls&sprefix=Jerome+,aps,422&crid=1GYM3GRMBAPX5

Is it still sold on IW? they used to do special value bundles
also boots do magic minerals that looks identical but I can't be sure
I find loreal true match powder similar to magic minerals even it doesn't have the coloured specks in it

Is it still sold on IW? they used to do special value bundles

No, they stopped a while back. Their sets were great value with big gold compacts they sell in America, fingers crossed they get it back again though. :mysmilie_3:

I used to use LG foundation, but now use Tarte - my favourite foundations are Amazonian clay, shape tape and stick, depending on what coverage I want.
As with LG products, all Tarte products are good for the skin, I can’t say that for many other brands

I tried this but sadly it really didn't suit me.

Pretty sure the Jerome Alexander one had (or used to have) talc in it - wish QVC would have some decent properly cruelty free products

I would be interested please, in like minded alternative - (pressed multi shades powder type compact) - in comparable shades to the porcelain and fair shade choice.

:mysmilie_508:

Have you tried Bare Minerals, you could get matched in a store to get your colour right.
They do a pressed powder

Have you tried Bare Minerals, you could get matched in a store to get your colour right.
They do a pressed powder

My daughter used the ready compact in the past, which I had a go with but didn’t care for due to it being a flat all one shade.

Interestly, one of the comments said that "QVC has changed a lot these past couple of years and in my opinion does not have the quality that it used to have." - this is from an American viewer, so its not just us in the UK who has noticed the decline !!

In all honesty, QVC US still have an amazing choice of goods, so if the Americans haven't been happy with their version, then Lord above knows what they would make of QVC UK !!!!

Now that we live in an age where we can order anything from around the world, its short sighted of QVC not to make their stock available to a world wide audience. I for one would order the Temp-tations cook ware in the US, which was once stocked here, but long since discontinued.

Latest posts

Back