Laura Geller Fans some imporant news

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The beauty industry is top heavy with cosmetic companies, so its easy to understand how many brands 'go under' when they're all fighting for the same slice of the pie.

I must admit I really like Clinique Almost Powder foundation. It`s in a solid form, in a compact and the finish is buildable but it`s not cheap. I find that it does last though.

What is the significance of talc in a foundation please ? I use the LG Balance n Brighten.

Tarte doesn’t have any nasty parabens or talc, cruelty free too.
So your skin is better off with you make up on, all good for you beauty ingredients.

Tarte doesn’t have any nasty parabens or talc, cruelty free too.
So your skin is better off with you make up on, all good for you beauty ingredients.

Tarte is owned by Kose who still test on animals so, IMO not strictly cruelty free but everyone has to draw their own lines.

Pretty sure the Jerome Alexander one had (or used to have) talc in it - wish QVC would have some decent properly cruelty free products

Laura's B N B is talc heavy, I'm not keen. I don't get how people love it so, unless they have perfect skin or are oily?

There was a legal case not that long ago and a woman in the US won against one of the big companies over using talc. A reason why many of the high-end perfume houses stopped using loose talc and it can/may cause ovarian cancers. Talc is a very cheap ingredient and I many of us used to laugh when Laura etc describing her BnB as baked cream when one of the first ingredients was talc. Then going on about how bad parabens are which are everywhere even the air we breath and food we eat.

I was in my local SpaceNK yesterday and chatting with them about Clark's Botanicals which they sell. The manager knew the company who owned them went bankrupt but did not know if they would be told to remove the stock on the shelves and it would be recalled? That happened with the brand NUDE a skincare brand company went under and it was just recalled. I thought it might go on sale but no. Another company owns it now but I have not seen it sold anywhere since.

Why do they recall it instead of selling off any stock already out there? I don't understand what they gain by that.

I've even read before that Bareminerals isn't as "pure" and as good for the skin as they make out, when I've used it in the past and "swirled" you can see the light particles of dust/powder fly everywhere.

I have heard of talc supposedly causing ovarian cancer, but soo many people, including myself, use it daily and have been for many years on their bodies.
Not all talc is contaminated and I suppose some are more susceptible to cancer than others.
Do I still use talc on my body, yes. There are so few cases and yet to be a proven link, but I only use a branded baby powder.
I’d of thought if all talc was affected more people would of been affected.
But I don’t use talc, or talc products, on or near my face

Why do they recall it instead of selling off any stock already out there? I don't understand what they gain by that.

No idea?

I just know with NUDE and the administers moved in the stock was pulled from the shops. It was there one day and suddenly gone. Perhaps if the stock is sitting on shelves it can get a long time to sell until the products sell the shop does not send the money to the company, but if they sell job lots to say Ebay sellers who run shops they get money straight away? Or even TKMaxx buy up in bulk.

I've even read before that Bareminerals isn't as "pure" and as good for the skin as they make out, when I've used it in the past and "swirled" you can see the light particles of dust/powder fly everywhere.

One of a few reasons I stopped using it. When I clean the area in front of where I do my makeup, there’s always a bit of fallout, but when I used BM for a while, a wet cloth came away orange! I hate the stuff now, but then I don’t get on with Laura Geller and other powder-type foundations either. Believe me, I have tried!

One of a few reasons I stopped using it. When I clean the area in front of where I do my makeup, there’s always a bit of fallout, but when I used BM for a while, a wet cloth came away orange! I hate the stuff now, but then I don’t get on with Laura Geller and other powder-type foundations either. Believe me, I have tried!

Yeah I agree, it’s yet another foundation for already perfect skin, I got absolutely no coverage at all from it but then again, it’s just powder and powders don’t cover.

Re talc... working with health care professionals, and Also 5 work acquaintances whom had breast cancer in same year... all was advised Do Not Use Talc , Avoid deodorants as much as possible , spray perfume on ur clothes not skin.

Latest posts

Back