Laura Geller Fans some imporant news

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have heard of talc supposedly causing ovarian cancer, but soo many people, including myself, use it daily and have been for many years on their bodies.
Not all talc is contaminated and I suppose some are more susceptible to cancer than others.
Do I still use talc on my body, yes. There are so few cases and yet to be a proven link, but I only use a branded baby powder.
I’d of thought if all talc was affected more people would of been affected.
But I don’t use talc, or talc products, on or near my face

I use this - can get it for 99p in Savers. Contains no talc and is an excellent product.

https://www.chemist.co.uk/medipure-...MIhYq5v4bZ3wIVLpPtCh2cdQQAEAQYASABEgKbOvD_BwE

The whole talc / asbestos thing has been known about for years. It's all to do with where it's mined and what's kicking around in the vicinity,

Ohh, I wasn’t meaning that brand, I was talking about Johnson’s baby powder, but your product looks worth a try.

For decades I have used Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish mousse foundation. Its ultra light so feels like wearing 'nothing', but has good coverage and is in many shades. It suits me because I loathe anything 'powdery' and 'cakey', - as we age the powder sits in lines and wrinkles and always looks 'matte' (and I don't want to end up looking like Joan Collins with a clown face).

I went and got it today in Savers, was looking for a similar product with corn starch and zinc oxide for a while, thank you Julius

Pleasure, Marina. I've been using this product for years. Always have it in my gym bag and put it in my shoes. In the summer I tip it down my back so I don't stick to the leather seats in my car!

The main problem is women using talc in the lower regions. It can travel upwards. Nothing to do with it being contaminated. Also, those with asthma dusting it around and inhaling into the lungs.

I have recently been diagnosed with asthma, (think I’ve had it for many years), I try not to breathe when using talc.
So I suppose this alternative would be better for me then - I just like the smell of baby powder

I have recently been diagnosed with asthma, (think I’ve had it for many years), I try not to breathe when using talc.
So I suppose this alternative would be better for me then - I just like the smell of baby powder

Me too! mines None reversible Asthma, I've been telling the doctor at my old address (my gp of thirty years was treating it as Postnasal Drip) for ten years because I knew something wasn't right, I cough up mucus every morning. When we moved houses and doctors they have great nurses who gave me a lung function test, and keeping an eye on it because at this stage it's not known if it COPD but they're classing it as Asthma, I've got a brown inhaler twice a day and a blue one for really bad days, at 53 who'd have thought it. Hope you're ok TW. :mysmilie_3:

Dusting powder, talcum powder, body powder or whatever you call it, is something rarely seen these days. My Mum loved it and she`d have cheap and cheerful Imperial Leather or Cuticura powder for daily use and then on her dressing table she`d have a posher more expensive dusting powder with a big fluffy puff which she`d use alongside her best perfume if she was going somewhere special.
I must admit when my oldest son was born 43 years ago it was a normal part of his bath time to be dried and then dusted with Johnsons baby powder and he smelled good enough to eat afterwards.
As a teenager I recall getting Christmas presents comprising of bath cubes and perfumed talc, usually Yardley ones and I note Bronnley still do the posher dusting powder tubs with fluffy puffs. Maybe it will have a resurgence ?

Me too! mines None reversible Asthma, I've been telling the doctor at my old address (my gp of thirty years was treating it as Postnasal Drip) for ten years because I knew something wasn't right, I cough up mucus every morning. When we moved houses and doctors they have great nurses who gave me a lung function test, and keeping an eye on it because at this stage it's not known if it COPD but they're classing it as Asthma, I've got a brown inhaler twice a day and a blue one for really bad days, at 53 who'd have thought it. Hope you're ok TW. :mysmilie_3:

I use the same inhalers but I have had my broncial asthmas since I was 12. I used to have to take tablets and a weird inhaler you put a capsule in and clicked which released the powder. Then in the 90s I was moved to the steriod inhalers.

I use the same inhalers but I have had my broncial asthmas since I was 12. I used to have to take tablets and a weird inhaler you put a capsule in and clicked which released the powder. Then in the 90s I was moved to the steriod inhalers.

Oh yes I know what you mean, I have to put my brown inhaler in an Aerochsmber so it gets in vmy lungs better. I was 40 when it started happening, just came on straight away, hope you’re well xx

I remember struggling to breathe on a plane in Corfu, no air con as they were trying to jump start plane and coming out of an Egyptian tomb also struggling to breathe in 2005 and 2009 - clearly asthma attacks.
I was diagnosed in Egypt- had soo many coughs and colds for a few winters, flew to Egypt at Easter and had asthma attack at night. I’m a singer so knew how to breathe and not panic, but they don’t have brown inhaler in Egypt so I’ve got an orange one - flixotide.
I’m completely in control of asthma until I get a cold, then I need the blue one, but since I work in schools, I’m surrounded by loads of germs.
Had cold for 5 weeks before Christmas and as I also suffer from tinnitus my ears and struggling now.

I had asthma as a child and I seemed to grow out of it. Then in 1997 I had pneumonia and the asthma came back, I suffered this last summer. I take the same as you Shopper but after my last pneumonia 5 years ago the hospital think I have mild bronchiactasis, this could be due to having measles as a 2 year old or 4 bouts of pneumonia. Colds invariably lead to chest infections, I am lucky in that my GP always ensures I have antibiotics handy and I am resistant to Amoxicillin, otherwise I am quite healthy, just had my 70th birthday

I had asthma as a child and I seemed to grow out of it. Then in 1997 I had pneumonia and the asthma came back, I suffered this last summer. I take the same as you Shopper but after my last pneumonia 5 years ago the hospital think I have mild bronchiactasis, this could be due to having measles as a 2 year old or 4 bouts of pneumonia. Colds invariably lead to chest infections, I am lucky in that my GP always ensures I have antibiotics handy and I am resistant to Amoxicillin, otherwise I am quite healthy, just had my 70th birthday

Aw Lp, you've had it tough, glad you're healthy now, long may it continue and for any else who's struggling with health issues. :mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back