Vitamin-infused tea

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
There's a guy on QVC now (with VERY bad hair) touting vitamin-infused tea - at exorbitant prices. Has anyone bought these? What did you think of the demo?

I might be wrong but wasnt he on Dragons Den? Got investment from Tej Levani I think

Seems expensive though for tea, although I think the sales guy did say you got 2 boxes for your £12.95 plus postage. Here was me moaning today in Asda how much the PG Tips were, they are cheap in comparison (but no vitamins, which can also be bought in Asda for very little money).

CC

Very expensive, they are £3.99 a box in Boots and they are on 3 for 2!!!

Is it black or green tea? The tannins in these prevent iron absorption. Wonder if they'd hinder vitamin absorption, too?

Ok, I need to ask. What is so clever about this? You can take vitamins in a multitude of ways these days. I don't see how putting it into tea is anything special???

Very expensive, they are £3.99 a box in Boots and they are on 3 for 2!!!

How can QVC get away with that? Has anyone else noticed that since the new year the prices on just about everything are a bit "HOW MUCH???" There's just been a peanut butter bird feeder on for about £20 and you can buy a similar thing (different shape) on the net for just £3.99. I usually buy something on the gardening shows but the rip off prices have deterred me.

CC

The guest touting the teas did say that one cup provides 100% of the recommended daily amount of Vitamin D so it sounds as though some of the vitamins may be in useful quantities, and I suppose it's a good way of getting Vit D if one doesn't like taking tablets, however I wouldn't have thought this would be an issue for most people. I take Vit D from Savers - 25ug a day. £1.99 for 180 tablets. Then I take my multivits, extra C and a b-complex because I have issues with absorbing B-vits so I have to take more, however I don't mind this. There are relatively few herbal teas I like, apart from Twinings lemon & ginger, nettle, peppermint and occasionally licorice (not sure it's very good for you).

Fruit teas are fine but I have my doubts that these vitamin teas actually work. Does the boiling water added to the tea not affect the so called vitamins in them ? I haven`t watched the demo so this may have been explained but I was always under the impression that any kind of hot or boiling water destroys the benefits of vitamins, hence you`re always advised to take them with cold water.

I’m not a tea drinker anyway but the very few fruit/herbal teas I have tried taste awful after the first two mouthfuls and to me always seem like drink8ng dusty water.

You are supposed to get all your vitamins from a healthy mixed diet, so they say, plus Vitamin D can be got from just a few minutes in sun. Not sure why, unless for health reasons, synthetic vitamins need to be taken. Agree LATI, cant say any fruit teas taste anything like they smell.

My immediate reaction is that the vitamins may not survive the boiling water. Sounds like a great moneyspinner though.

I’m not a tea drinker anyway but the very few fruit/herbal teas I have tried taste awful after the first two mouthfuls and to me always seem like drinking dusty water.

You are supposed to get all your vitamins from a healthy mixed diet, so they say, plus Vitamin D can be got from just a few minutes in sun. Not sure why, unless for health reasons, synthetic vitamins need to be taken. Agree LATI, cant say any fruit teas taste anything like they smell.

Tea is my favourite drink. It has to be a regular (breakfast) tea, though, or supermarket Earl Grey (over-floral Twinings is too much like dishwater for me). And always with a little milk. A few years ago, I decided it would be more healthy to drink herbal/fruit teas so bought several boxes of delicious smelling fruit and other teas for the office. Pity they tasted like dead flowers and mouldy apples. I tried adding sugar, sweeteners or honey but this was hardly achieving my healthy ambitions. They are probably still at the back of the office kitchen cupboard years after I left.

I know it’s not the best health wise but I only drink VERY strong black, no sugar boiling hot coffee.

In my defence I only drink 2 cups a day unless I’m out for coffe and I don’t count those as a real drink as I’m only doing it so Mr L can have a scone/bun and they are never strong enough.

I like a good old proper cup of English breakfast tea. I usually have Twinings or Harrods. I recently bought a big box of PG pyramids as they were on special in Asda however most of the bags turned out to be split. Unfortunately I couldn't find my receipt so I couldn't get a refund of my £4.

I like a good old proper cup of English breakfast tea. I usually have Twinings or Harrods. I recently bought a big box of PG pyramids as they were on special in Asda however most of the bags turned out to be split. Unfortunately I couldn't find my receipt so I couldn't get a refund of my £4.

Ring the number on the box. They may not help you if you don't have the receipt, but it's also worth pointing out that not many people do keep food shop receipts.

Latest posts

Back