Molton Brown discontinues Gingerlily!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
I just got an email from MB saying shop now for your last chance to buy certain fragrances which are about to be discontinued. One of them is Gingerlily!!!! Imagine the conniptions in Q Land. Not that I mind as I am not very fond of it. So unless it is just certain items, e.g. the scented candles in the fragrance or room mist etc etc, we must watch this space to see if they do all disappear.

The others are:
Pink Pepperpod (very surprising)
Silver Birch (no wonder it was in that TSV)
Ylang Ylang (hurrah)
Lily of the Valley (boo!)

Unusual to get such an email from MB. I mean Japanese Orange just vanished off the face of the planet. I can't believe they won't bring out a remixed version of Pink Pepper. In fact I can't really believe they would get rid of it at all!

I just got an email from MB saying shop now for your last chance to buy certain fragrances which are about to be discontinued. One of them is Gingerlily!!!! Imagine the conniptions in Q Land. Not that I mind as I am not very fond of it. So unless it is just certain items, e.g. the scented candles in the fragrance or room mist etc etc, we must watch this space to see if they do all disappear.

The others are:
Ylang Ylang (hurrah)

Unusual to get such an email from MB. I mean Japanese Orange just vanished off the face of the planet. I can't believe they won't bring out a remixed version of Pink Pepper. In fact I can't really believe they would get rid of it at all!

I got email too. It is not everything in these fragrances, just certain items.

https://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/store...bsp; SHOP NOW  &utm_content=EN

The others are:
Ylang Ylang (hurrah)

Oh my god, I had no idea they'd discontinued Japanese Orange, that's my most fave, noooooo! Luckily I have a shower gel and body lotion in both full and 100 ml sizes in the stash, so will have to keep them for 'best' - devastated.

Mazza, like you I really don't like Gingerlily and can't bear Ylang Ylang (so sickly) but Pink Pepper is also one of my faves and I'm surprised re that one as well, I thought it was really popular? Shame re LotV as that is a lovely, unusual smell - I wonder what they will be replacing them with????

I won’t miss any of those especially Lily of the Valley. I had really looked forward to using that but found it a really depressing fragrance. Gingerlily not a favourite either.

list of whats going

Bracing Silverbirch Bath & Shower Gel
£22.00

Ylang-Ylang Eau de Toilette 50ml
£45.00

Heavenly Gingerlily Caressing Body Polisher
£35.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Hand Cream
£10.00

Pink Pepperpod Home & Linen Mist
£26.00

Pink Pepperpod Single Wick Candle
£39.00

Silver Birch Thermal Bath Soak
£19.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Bath & Shower Gel
£22.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Aroma Reeds
£45.00

Relaxing Ylang-Ylang Hand Cream
£10.00

Gingerlily Home & Linen Mist
£26.00

Pink Pepperpod Three Wick Candle
£60.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Single Wick Candle
£39.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Three Wick Candle
£60.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Body Lotion
£26.00

Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Eau de Toilette 50ml
£45.00

Oh my god, I had no idea they'd discontinued Japanese Orange, that's my most fave, noooooo! Luckily I have a shower gel and body lotion in both full and 100 ml sizes in the stash, so will have to keep them for 'best' - devastated.

Mazza, like you I really don't like Gingerlily and can't bear Ylang Ylang (so sickly) but Pink Pepper is also one of my faves and I'm surprised re that one as well, I thought it was really popular? Shame re LotV as that is a lovely, unusual smell - I wonder what they will be replacing them with????
Well Tarketta, I look regularly on their website to see if it has come back, and it never does! Of course they do sometimes retire things for a while and then bring them back. But it hasn't been on for months and months now, and the last JO set I bought from Q was a Bargain Hunter. So not very promising.

On the other hand, not everything is produced all the time because of harvests, so maybe it is just a seasonal thing......

Thanks very much to Sazza and SCW for their information/research.

Sorry if I caused a panic!!!!!

Mazza, I emailed MB re Japanese Orange and this is their response - I'll have to schlep to one of the outlet stores to see if I can stock up!!!

Thank you for getting in touch.

The Japanese Orange Fragrance has been discontinued from our core range.

Whilst we appreciate discontinuation of your most loved product is disappointing, it forms an intrinsic part of our "growth" process. This allows us to offer customers like you newer and exciting products.

Rest assured that discontinuation is never taken lightly at Molton Brown as we know that we have a lot of loyal fans to our fragrance collections. It is only after extensive data analysis and a forecast on product demand is completed that we decide which products are to be discontinued from our portfolio.

Our discontinued lines are sent to our outlet stores which we have listed for you below where you can potentially find your much loved products.

If you are in the vicinity of an Outlet Store you could call them to reserve your products for collection.

Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth - 02392 875285
Bicester Village, Oxon - 01869 321650
The Lowry Centre, Manchester - 0161 8738018
The Designer Village, Cheshire - 0151 3571484
McArthurs Glen outlet Village, Ashford - 01233 629865
Freeport Outlet Shopping Village, Braintree – 01376 345121
Gretna Gateway Village, Gretna Green – 01461 336849
Kildare – 00353 4553 5931
Street – 01458 440713179 298359

Ive never forgiven them for discontinuing Coco de Mer and replaced it with Coco and Sandalwood. It just doesn't compare. I use Rhubarb and Rose now.

I thought they continued it once before, when Jill Goldsmith was the guest.

I've never bought stinky stuff from the telly, but used to love the absolutely bonkers presentations by Jill Goldsmith. She was in orgasm for the entire shows. No-one else comes close.

She was in orgasm for the entire shows. No-one else comes close.

Said the nun to the bishop!

Latest posts

Back