Laura Geller Make Up TSV 13/02/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is the Chapter 11 that failed? Was it a new line or something?...

Chapter 11 ‘bankruptcy protection’ is a step in the US liquidation process. It allows a company to trade its way out of bankruptcy by changing its business model and plans, reduce costs, review products etc etc. Timescale and targets are set by the administrators. If the plan fails, they go bust. Some are very successful. Some companies go through more than one Ch.11 process.

Chapter 11 ‘bankruptcy protection’ is a step in the US liquidation process. It allows a company to trade its way out of bankruptcy by changing its business model and plans, reduce costs, review products etc etc. Timescale and targets are set by the administrators. If the plan fails, they go bust. Some are very successful. Some companies go through more than one Ch.11 process.

That's really interesting....

What I never understand is if a uk Company goes Bankrupt/liquidation (these are the same thing, right?) they can just create another company/business & start again & not pay off the people to whom they may owe monies from the first company. That's right isn't it? How come they are allowed to do that?

I know V little about accountancy. Did you notice? :cheeky:

In other news I probs won't order now as no one had any suggestions re my shade dilemma...sniff Saved me 36ish £ I guess....

They said it all sold out but it didn't; they said no more auto delivery - yet all shades are available.
What a shambles TSV hope Laura is watching

The demos never seem to start from scratch. The guest makes great gestures of sweeping the brush over an already heavily made up face, so whats the point of that ?

In case this hasn't sold out in my colours..........

..I have the B & B in fair & medium. They are too powdery for me, but I like the sound of this 'glow.' I am fair, cool undertone, Angelina Jolie/Deborah-Ann/Tara - today's model colouring .

My fair B & B looked powdery & flat, a bit sallow, perhaps slightly too pale & the medium B & B orange & dirty.

Would the porcelain B &G be too pale? I don't have doll like porcelain creamy skin. My concern re the 'light' B &G is that Jager said it had a yellow/sallow tone. Does the B & G run paler than the B & B cos of the highlighter in it?

If B &B in Fair is too pale for me, does it follow that B & G in fair will also be too pale?

Can anyone help ?
Porcelain is very, very pale. I use it. I also use Fair in Bare Minerals, their fairly light is too dark for me. I’m really pale, paler than any of the models they use but I’m colourless! Natural white/ blonde hair, light eyes that are a blue/ green sort of turquoise colour.

Porcelain is very, very pale. I use it. I also use Fair in Bare Minerals, their fairly light is too dark for me. I’m really pale, paler than any of the models they use but I’m colourless! Natural white/ blonde hair, light eyes that are a blue/ green sort of turquoise colour.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I'll dodge the porcelain then.

One further comment (too late to be of help, sorry) about Sister Bliss's colour dilemma, is that the Glow in Balance and Glow isn't exactly strong! I am using it at the moment and can really not tell any difference from B&B and still have to use a highlighter. I can go between Fair and Medium and would never go near Porcelain as it looks far too pale. Also, I did buy Light B&B when it was BPOTM and agree it is sallow looking. I will be able to brighten it up so it isn't money wasted but I wouldn't buy it again. B&G doesn't run lighter than B&B IMHO. The medium one I am using looked very dark in the compact but on the face it looks the same as my medium B&B. Sometimes though they do vary within the colour range so you may get a slightly darker medium than you were expecting.

So, hypothetically speaking, if not enough stock sold to make it worth while to ship it, I won't get my TSV with the lovely peony blush that I didn't have the chance to see.

No, you will no doubt get your order. But the administers need to make money for the company to pay the debtors, so won't want stock just sitting in QVC warehouses not selling. They just make sure they have the orders fulfilled and not send loads of stock over. Remember how many times have TSVs different brands just keep popping up for months after the TSV day.

What is the Chapter 11 that failed? Was it a new line or something?

Indeed. I couldn't help but wonder if they just put the B & B on the models & not the b & G....But it did look more glowy & less powdery....

Chapter 11 is a thing in the US when a company is in trouble money wise they file for this and given a breathing space from their creditors to get sorted. Some companies have done it a few times and survived. But if this fails then the file for bankruptcy, the administrators take over and then try to make as much money as possible for the people owed money usually selling the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
One further comment (too late to be of help, sorry) about Sister Bliss's colour dilemma, is that the Glow in Balance and Glow isn't exactly strong! I am using it at the moment and can really not tell any difference from B&B and still have to use a highlighter. I can go between Fair and Medium and would never go near Porcelain as it looks far too pale. Also, I did buy Light B&B when it was BPOTM and agree it is sallow looking. I will be able to brighten it up so it isn't money wasted but I wouldn't buy it again. B&G doesn't run lighter than B&B IMHO. The medium one I am using looked very dark in the compact but on the face it looks the same as my medium B&B. Sometimes though they do vary within the colour range so you may get a slightly darker medium than you were expecting.

Oops, sorry SB, I somehow missed this question - so I have BnG in Fair (it's my holiday go-to as it zhuzhes up what little tan I manage to get) and as the Fair BnG is too 'disco' for day to day make up, I decided to get the Porcelain version just to see...let's just say, if I'm ever in cosplay as Star Trek's Data, then I know where to go :mysmilie_17:

Good news for LG the brand has found a buyer.

For those interested, the assets of Glansoal, including Laura Geller businesses, were sold to the successful bidder, AS Beauty (owner of E.L.F.) on January 29th and the sale closed February 6th.

There were several other bids for the assets, including one which wanted only Julep (successful bids had to be for Geller, Julep and Clarks Botanicals assets).

One of the contracts rejected in bankruptcy court was with QVC. QVC contracts are notoriously unfriendly to makeup/skincare vendors and was one of the compelling factors drinving the company into bankruptcy. Rejecting the contract with court approval may allow the brand to go elsewhere. I suspect that Geller products may remain with QVC but under renegotiated terms.

Does this mean that qvc tried to bid to buy Laura Geller's company?

Also, is Julep part of the same company? Confusing....Thought she sold ages ago, so it's not really her company that was up for sale?

Does this mean that qvc tried to bid to buy Laura Geller's company?

Also, is Julep part of the same company? Confusing....Thought she sold ages ago, so it's not really her company that was up for sale?

Laura still kept shares in the company even when she sold. The parent company also owned Julep and Clarks Botantalics. Like Estee Lauder owns loads of companies but they still keep the original name like Bobbi Brown owned since the early 00s by EL but still known as Bobbi Brown. Well known that 90% of well-known brands are owned by one main company, they go on buying sprees when a brand becomes popular than the big fish EL, LVMH, L'Oreal goes buy them up.

Laura still kept shares in the company even when she sold. The parent company also owned Julep and Clarks Botantalics. Like Estee Lauder owns loads of companies but they still keep the original name like Bobbi Brown owned since the early 00s by EL but still known as Bobbi Brown. Well known that 90% of well-known brands are owned by one main company, they go on buying sprees when a brand becomes popular than the big fish EL, LVMH, L'Oreal goes buy them up.

Thanks, so it was her parent company that got in trouble & have just sold to ELF?

Can get confusing for me. I learned from you that LVMH was Louis V, Moet & was the Hermes?

You may become my 'go to' for perfume (although we like different smells) & jewellery etal. help. My clever Belfast girl. I always wanted Irish friends....sniff....could listen to the accent all day. Guess who phoned Halifax Direct & then had a flirt with the lovely Derry chap on the phone......!

Latest posts

Back