Kim & Co TSV 07/02/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the colours, but I don't like the top. Far too big, and Kim and Catherine both look awful in it. Although I guess if you went camping, you wouldn't need to take a tent.

Never ever seen Kim in wrinkled trousers like the ivory pants she’s wearing just now.

No no Kim my legs are as they are, my trouser purchase would be to cover them, not replicate the effect.

:mysmilie_11:

I've bought similarly shaped tops from Ideal World (Daisy Eldridge brand) in a thinner jersey. From QVC brands bought from ebay I love the early MarlaWynne "butterfly" seam tops where the side seams tilt forwards as they do in the Kim TSV. I've also had them from Yong Kim and Ronen Chen (via ebay) and after many years they're only just starting to look a little lived in.

Based on these happy purchases I've ordered the Navy TSV (and the Coral on waitlist); then from next month I'll keep an eye on ebay for one of the pastel options if the navy one suits. I like the drop shoulders, curved hem and the full-length sleeves for once. Plus the fabric looks slightly heavier than the IW ones without being sweatshirt material.

I never sit properly on the sofa at home and in these shaped tops I can even sit with my knees underneath when I'm curled up with the cat. Anyhoo I'll report back when the navy one arrives; the colours were all good for me but I was looking fo something in navy to replace one that's been worn to death. The neckline looks as though it'll work well with a "dickie" shirt front and collar from Cos a bit like this one.

I thought it was worth a punt.

I would order one if the front were longer to cover the crotch area :mysmilie_11: The actual level just “highlights” the area. Also I like to hide the top of my thighs.

No point CHuntley swishing around in her top, it’s navy blue so we can’t see it in detail. She just looks like a big blob. With pyjama bottoms.

Would think in about 6 weeks they’ll be a few at the outlets at approx £10-£12 when buyers find their normal size hangs on them too much for the liking. Though if there’s a gult of the returns they could be £1.99 - £6.99 sometime in the future.

At first glance I thought not bad, but it made everyone wearing it look larger than they are. And, its polyester, so it's a no from me

I've bought similarly shaped tops from Ideal World (Daisy Eldridge brand) in a thinner jersey. From QVC brands bought from ebay I love the early MarlaWynne "butterfly" seam tops where the side seams tilt forwards as they do in the Kim TSV. I've also had them from Yong Kim and Ronen Chen (via ebay) and after many years they're only just starting to look a little lived in.

Based on these happy purchases I've ordered the Navy TSV (and the Coral on waitlist); then from next month I'll keep an eye on ebay for one of the pastel options if the navy one suits. I like the drop shoulders, curved hem and the full-length sleeves for once. Plus the fabric looks slightly heavier than the IW ones without being sweatshirt material.

I never sit properly on the sofa at home and in these shaped tops I can even sit with my knees underneath when I'm curled up with the cat. Anyhoo I'll report back when the navy one arrives; the colours were all good for me but I was looking fo something in navy to replace one that's been worn to death. The neckline looks as though it'll work well with a "dickie" shirt front and collar from Cos a bit like this one.

I thought it was worth a punt.

I thought I would take a punt too and bought the pink last night. I am a bit worried that it might be a bit big as, although I bought my normal size which was recommended, later in the show Kim said you could go down a size if you were short, which I am, however, I dont mind it being a bit longer to cover my ample rear end. I just hope that it isnt too overpowering.

As I type it does seem that it has mostly sold out so hopefully it will be ok otherwise they will be getting a lot of returns.

I would order one if the front were longer to cover the crotch area :mysmilie_11: The actual level just “highlights” the area. Also I like to hide the top of my thighs.

I agree! It really wasn’t good on the launch show when the camera kept zooming in on the crotch area - so unflattering esp on the little plus sized model.

I have really had it with the Hi-Lo look we have had pushed on us over the last 2 or 3 years. I am always on the look out for dresses that cover my knees well, but very often the midi length turns out to be high in the front so would actually accentuate that area.

I'd ordered one each of the navy and red and then watched the launch video and realised it had dolman (batwing?) sleeves - I've got T-Rex arms already and don't need anything that will make them look even stumpier, so I swiftly cancelled my order.

I thought I would take a punt too and bought the pink last night. I am a bit worried that it might be a bit big as, although I bought my normal size which was recommended, later in the show Kim said you could go down a size if you were short, which I am, however, I dont mind it being a bit longer to cover my ample rear end. I just hope that it isnt too overpowering.

As I type it does seem that it has mostly sold out so hopefully it will be ok otherwise they will be getting a lot of returns.

I'm only short puffin, but we tend to walk tall right? :mysmilie_59:

Received mine today. Pleasantly surprised. The fabric is NOT the slippery polyester, but a soft knitted and lightweight, which I like.

I ordered pink and navy, and the fit on me is actually ok (and my crotch is covered, so I think it depends on body shape). HOWEVER, my gripe is the seam in the sleeve, I cant understand why its there. Its something that seems to be prevalent on tops of this kind - as I've noticed in other ranges in the shops.

The seam is slightly tight, so if you have plumper upper arms the fit is ok until the seam hits just above the elbow. I'll keep them, but will steam iron and stretch the seam (top tip when fabric is a tad tight) to make it more comfortable. They'll be great for cooler summer days.

Received mine today. Pleasantly surprised. The fabric is NOT the slippery polyester, but a soft knitted and lightweight, which I like.

I ordered pink and navy, and the fit on me is actually ok (and my crotch is covered, so I think it depends on body shape). HOWEVER, my gripe is the seam in the sleeve, I cant understand why its there. Its something that seems to be prevalent on tops of this kind - as I've noticed in other ranges in the shops.

The seam is slightly tight, so if you have plumper upper arms the fit is ok until the seam hits just above the elbow. I'll keep them, but will steam iron and stretch the seam (top tip when fabric is a tad tight) to make it more comfortable. They'll be great for cooler summer days.

Good to hear a success story Brissles. I haven't found anything from Kim and co that I like in a while, but I have bought tops and maxi dresses in the past with ditsy patterns or plain colours and they have lasted years. I don't think that I have ever worn something out and thrown it away, no pilling or stretching out of shape. It's a pity that there aren't more designs to my liking these days. Maybe when you wash it just stretch the seam before putting it to dry as the seams are well made and unlikely to split.

Mine arrived too and worn over the weekend so it's just going though the wash at the mo. Very soft, matte not heavy or woolly, neckline not too high and sleeves not too tight. Nice dark navy too. If it comes out of the wash intact it'll be a useful buy.

I got mine today and although it's a lovely pink colour and fabric, it did nothing for me. I could have probably gone down a size but it just swamped me. Sadly it's going back.

Ok, despite all the gushing that the fabric was sooooo soft on this jumper. It is. HOWEVER, like all jumpers of thin fabrication, when washed it has 'bobbled'. Not so prominent on the pink, but a different story on the navy.

Instead of forever 'bigging up' the prints/fabric etc etc. More research needs to be done in not giving us 'bobbly' knits !!!

Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Back