Love Gardening TSV 09/02/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Plants2Gardens 12 Summer Bedding Plants with 4 Planters

This stylish wrap from Frank Usher features two rows of metal eyelets around the edges and is finished off with a fringed edge. It is a perfect addition to your day-to-evening looks.

100% viscose
Hand wash cold
Wrap (l x w): 122cm x 80cm (48" x 31.5")

All measurements are approximate

:mysmilie_10: :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_465:

This stylish wrap from Frank Usher features two rows of metal eyelets around the edges and is finished off with a fringed edge. It is a perfect addition to your day-to-evening looks.

100% viscose
Hand wash cold

Dress our plants up in a wrap now eh???? :mysmilie_19::mysmilie_17:

Dress our plants up in a wrap now eh???? :mysmilie_19::mysmilie_17:

It’s pushing the Gok night a bit isn’t it with wraps named PRISCILLA PINK and SUE ANNA YELLOW
“Now move darling whilst I get out the full length mirror for the big makeover reveal, and I’ll style you up sweetie with my rolled up matching pullover”

:mysmilie_17:

what an awful TSV someone must buy them as they sell them every year. 3 plug plants in each of the cheapest planters ever no VALUE whatsoever

These tea bag plant food that ken is selling are very expensive surely to goodness a jar of slow release plant food would do same job much cheaper

100% viscose
Hand wash cold

FFS qvc!:mysmilie_459:

Question was there some bad reviews from a TSV like this about the plants arriving in a poor condition?
That’s the trouble with this sort of sell there’s no way of being able to look back and check things out unless your involved you wouldn’t necessarily be aware of the positives or negatives.

I think there must have been quite a few problems with plants arriving half dead because I notice the seller was stressing how the plants now arrive in their own little pots and better protected.

Even allowing for plants like the Surfinia not being the cheapest to buy you could do all that for under half the TSV price IMO.

they could have used some stylish modern looking black or dark grey pots. thats would have helped

they could have used some stylish modern looking black or dark grey pots. thats would have helped

Nah this is Q we are talking about here

.........they know all the trends and have the buying capacity to get us just what we need in our lives, it’s just our fault we don’t know it yet :mysmilie_11:

what an awful TSV someone must buy them as they sell them every year. 3 plug plants in each of the cheapest planters ever no VALUE whatsoever

I buy them. I bought them the last time they had them on as well. Compared to my local garden centre they are actually comparable value and the plants you get are substantial and not plugs. They were lovely in bloom last year so I am expecting the same. I've no doubt you can put the whole lot together yourself much cheaper but I'd have to drive to the city to get to the value shops and as there's no postage on the P2G item I'll just have them delivered and make it easy for myself. I agree though they won't be for everyone. I balance the cost up by growing my own tomatoes/salad/peppers/cosmos/sweet peas all from seed and very cheaply.

CC

CC

I buy them. I bought them the last time they had them on as well. Compared to my local garden centre they are actually comparable value and the plants you get are substantial and not plugs. They were lovely in bloom last year so I am expecting the same. I've no doubt you can put the whole lot together yourself much cheaper but I'd have to drive to the city to get to the value shops and as there's no postage on the P2G item I'll just have them delivered and make it easy for myself. I agree though they won't be for everyone. I balance the cost up by growing my own tomatoes/salad/peppers/cosmos/sweet peas all from seed and very cheaply.

CC

CC

The plants were quite pretty, but the pots were so plasticky. Don't you need a greenhouse for plugs? Not for me then....

The plants were quite pretty, but the pots were so plasticky. Don't you need a greenhouse for plugs? Not for me then....

I've got a mini greenhouse out the back, a wooden one now as those plastic ones kept blowing away. At the moment the seedlings are indoors much to the annoyance of Mr CC who knocks them over consistently. You can buy say 120 plug plants for a tenner but then you need 120 pots and a large bag of compost and then somewhere to put the 120 pots and water them etc etc. You can see the convenience of getting bigger plants later in the year that can be planted straight out. I don't mind the plasticky looking pots, the pink ones last time were quite pretty and there were so many flowers that you weren't really looking at the pots.

CC

I've got a mini greenhouse out the back, a wooden one now as those plastic ones kept blowing away. At the moment the seedlings are indoors much to the annoyance of Mr CC who knocks them over consistently. You can buy say 120 plug plants for a tenner but then you need 120 pots and a large bag of compost and then somewhere to put the 120 pots and water them etc etc. You can see the convenience of getting bigger plants later in the year that can be planted straight out. I don't mind the plasticky looking pots, the pink ones last time were quite pretty and there were so many flowers that you weren't really looking at the pots.

CC

I think you are brave to plant those out in freezing Scotland......But I'm the Deadly Nightshade of Gardeners, itms....

Sister bliss like many the assumption that Scotland is freezing is incorrect i rarely have a problem with plants freezing but usually leave bedding till may for safety but would never buy QVCs expensive plants.

if the pots were not so old fashioned I would have considered the TSV as the nicer pots would be more of a draw. the plants look nice love trailing verbena always nice

You couldn’t dream it up when I saw Kens explanation about how he’d worked with somebody over with this TSV having the plants instead coming out in little container pots.
OMG he clearly said cause last year the plants left them in excellent condition but delivery caused the compost to fall off from around the roots. I’m no Percy Thrower or Alan Tichmarsh but a plant in the boot of a car coming home from the garden centre without a pot would loose some compost :mysmilie_466:

Latest posts

Back