Australian Bodycare TSV 12/02/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The wipes that you can buy in some places for £2, is just a way of bulking the TSV up making it look like you're getting more for your money.......you're not.

I only use wipes when we`re abroad on holiday. They`re handy for sweaty/sandy hands and useful for a quick wipe over on a plane or a beach but to be honest the ABC wipes I once got with a tsv were barely damp and practically useless. Nowadays I just buy them from superdrug or home bargains. They do the job for barely a £1 a pack.

I only use wipes when we`re abroad on holiday. They`re handy for sweaty/sandy hands and useful for a quick wipe over on a plane or a beach but to be honest the ABC wipes I once got with a tsv were barely damp and practically useless. Nowadays I just buy them from superdrug or home bargains. They do the job for barely a £1 a pack.

I agree, The Range does two packs of 25 tea tree wipes for £1, and the wipe is actually stronger than the ABC one.

Tea tree wipes are widely available. I've seen them in Savers, although I personally tend to prefer the coconut ones. ABC are just bulking out their offering. Many of the beauty brands do this with huge tubs of moisturiser.

Do you think the Australian Bodycare tea tree is better than other tea trees, I know during the presents they will talk about it being a certain kind of tea tree which is so much more effective than other tea trees. I will make a decision when I find out the price, if it's not good value i will order a body wash from Amazon

I use a tea tree soap from Holland & Barrett and it always does a good job. I'd like to try the ABC wash however I just don't see the point in spending that much money on that sort of product.

I use a tea tree soap from Holland & Barrett and it always does a good job. I'd like to try the ABC wash however I just don't see the point in spending that much money on that sort of product.

I know what you mean Julius, my sons have specifically requested that I buy the ABC body wash as they have had it before and say it's good for spots and b.o. I have bought the Jasons tea tree before and they thought it was rubbish. If the ABC really is much more effective i would happily pay more but don't want to be ripped off.

Those ****** useless, bone dry wipes again! *Sigh*
I would like to try the citrus body wash, I already know i like the lavender one, and can always use the Tea Tree original body wash.
But I don't want any wipes. They're barely wet at all. OH won't even try them, because he hates the smell of Tea Tree, so we take baby wipes for 'handwashing on the go' - he prefers the ones called 'Water Wipes', which are fragrance free.

I remember, and it’s not that long ago, when an ABC TSV consisted of three litres of bodywash for about £35 now, just because there’s a different smell the price goes up and the quantity down.

I buy Clinell blue hand wipes from Amazon. A box of 100 individually wrapped wipes that never dry out and can be slipped into a pocket. Normally less than £6 a box. I've had one box for £4.

Yes, the packaging goes to landfill (as do the wipes), and no, they're not a "natural" product - although the ABC wipes have a tiny amount of tea tree oil, they're hardly natural - I'm happier knowing that the wipes I use when I'm out and about will definitely kill bacteria and viruses. They're wet enough to clean my hands, my OH's hands, my crutch handles and the table we're about to have a cuppa on. They're still wet enough to fold back into the wrapper to pull out again and clean the toilet I always end up on after said cuppa, too.

A cuppa is never just a single cuppa for a tea drinker that likes it in a pot. With extra water :blush:

I don't use a handbag as it gets in the way of crutches so these are brilliant. I always have a few in every pocket I have.

After having Noro over a decade ago I'm over-careful. I NEVER want that again!

I misread 'crutch handle' :mysmilie_13: Can you guess what I thought it said?

Early morning giggles.

I misread 'crutch handle' :mysmilie_13: Can you guess what I thought it said?

Early morning giggles.

I'm having a mental block cos I can't! Sat here for the last 10 minutes trying to work it out. Now that's :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:with a bit of :headbang: thrown in.

Now I'm waiting for the penny to drop for my :doh: moment. :blush:

I'm having a mental block cos I can't! Sat here for the last 10 minutes trying to work it out. Now that's :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:with a bit of :headbang: thrown in.

Now I'm waiting for the penny to drop for my :doh: moment. :blush:

Now I'm worried I've got a weird mind. The word crutch is spelled very much like the word crotch so I thought I saw crotch handle :mysmilie_13: I personally don't use that C word much (although fine if one does - it's not a swear word) but have read it a lot on this forum lately in reference to Kim's clothes & 'crotch view' etc. Hope this helps somewhat. Mind how you handle those crutches now....

I remember, and it’s not that long ago, when an ABC TSV consisted of three litres of bodywash for about £35 now, just because there’s a different smell the price goes up and the quantity down.

Yep and their kits used to contain a decent sized tea tree oil too.

Now I'm worried I've got a weird mind. The word crutch is spelled very much like the word crotch so I thought I saw crotch handle :mysmilie_13: I personally don't use that C word much (although fine if one does - it's not a swear word) but have read it a lot on this forum lately in reference to Kim's clothes & 'crotch view' etc. Hope this helps somewhat. Mind how you handle those crutches now....

I have a mental image of me falling on my crutch now...

Maybe my penny has dropped too far :mysmilie_13:

Has anyone tried the citrus? I've found it more lemongrass than lemon. I'd rather plain lemon tbh.

I bought a lavender a while back, used half, pulled it out last week and it seems to have lost a lot of the lavender scent.

Latest posts

Back