Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies! / caught in the act!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Simon Biagi lied about the Velvetiser being used to make coffee in the QVC presenter lounge. Alison Keenan lied about having used the Decleor neck product when she didn't have the faintest idea about how the product smelled / applied (not to mention the fact that her neck has a tortoise-leather quality to it). Then there was June from Frank Usher trying to lie about the cheap glued-on magnet falling off the brooch, leaving Queen Julia trying to cover for her - and ultimately having to reveal the truth.

What are the worst blatant lies you've seen on QVC? What would be in your top 10? What evidence was there to indicate it was a lie? Get posting now and let's all enjoy reading about the most sublime, the most ridiculous, the most outrageous claims that just couldn't possibly be true!

Almost everything Abbi Horne says.

I have many instances as she tends to do technology stuff unfortunately.

On a VQ radio, she said:

LIE 1 it is British through and through, then the camera showed the Made In China label on the back

LIE 2 it charges up the battery when connected to the mains

LIE 3 it is DAB so you can pick up stations from all over the word.

And all these lies were for just one item!

The other night on, YES THE MARLEY WYNNE SHOW !!! they were waxing lyrical about a bog standard pair of trousers - but in 2 lengths. On struts a 6' model in the regular and then Natasha the 5' model in petite, BUT the close up on the shorter model showed the hems were turned up even more on the smaller gal !

Can’t think of an example yet but I will ! I just wanted to acknowledge the reference to Fleetwood Mac.

Almost everything Abbi Horne says.

I have many instances as she tends to do technology stuff unfortunately.

On a VQ radio, she said:

LIE 1 it is British through and through, then the camera showed the Made In China label on the back

LIE 2 it charges up the battery when connected to the mains

LIE 3 it is DAB so you can pick up stations from all over the word.

And all these lies were for just one item!

Ah, brilliant! That "Made in China" label sounds like something from a French & Saunders sketch! lololol

Does anyone remember the plug-in Handy Heater? The guest said "with this button you set the temperature" and, to QVC's credit, Dale Franklin asked: "how can you set the temperature if there's no thermostat?" The guest was left lost for words! QVC for once did the right thing. It's just a shame he didn't press the issue further - although I suppose to have done so would have made for a very awkward show.

What about Abi Cleeve and her "once-a-day application?" Also what about her "Skinsense" range when she strongly hinted that lamellar technology in her products was a first - when in fact L'Oréal were using it in their Plénitude range of creams way back in.....1987!?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's that old saying isn't it, how do you know when a QVC presenter is lying?..........their lips move.

Simon Biagi lied about the Velvetiser being used to make coffee in the QVC presenter lounge. Alison Keenan lied about having used the Decleor neck product when she didn't have the faintest idea about how the product smelled / applied (not to mention the fact that her neck has a tortoise-leather quality to it). Then there was June from Frank Usher trying to lie about the cheap glued-on magnet falling off the brooch, leaving Queen Julia trying to cover for her - and ultimately having to reveal the truth.

What are the worst blatant lies you've seen on QVC? What would be in your top 10? What evidence was there to indicate it was a lie? Get posting now and let's all enjoy reading about the most sublime, the most ridiculous, the most outrageous claims that just couldn't possibly be true!

While I agree they're the best at downright lying to sell products and don't want to hijack the thread, I'm interested to know what was said about the Velvetizer. I have the Lidl cheap version and make coffee and hot chocolate in it even though it's meant to be a milk frother.

I'd considered buying the Velvetizer but would have expected to be able to make coffee in it, too.

While I agree they're the best at downright lying to sell products and don't want to hijack the thread, I'm interested to know what was said about the Velvetizer. I have the Lidl cheap version and make coffee and hot chocolate in it even though it's meant to be a milk frother.

I'd considered buying the Velvetizer but would have expected to be able to make coffee in it, too.

It's not worth the money, honestly I'd stick to your milk frothier, my Aldi milk frothed is better than the £100 Velvetiser. The Velvetiser doesn't get the chocolate hot it's just warm, there were still flakes not melted and the quality seems flimsy and no you can't use anything other than their chocolate flakes in it, I tried two of the flavours (hazelnut and salted caramel) and they were not very nice, the husband didn't like it either and he's so easy going and says yes to anything. We seen it being demonstrated so I told her what was said on QVC, she didn't seem bothered but at least I got it off my chest for the customer who would've taken Simon Biagi at his word (which means absolutely nothing) only to get it home and find out you can't use it for coffee after all. Hope this helps. :mysmilie_3:

Hohbein stretches the truth to breaking point on many occasions, especially when bigging up Apple. One example "if you want a super powerful mothership, then this (2.5K Apple desktop) is superb" yeah an i5 processor and 8gb of ram is super powerful" :mysmilie_51: Total bullcrap as you can buy much more powerful hardware, for a lot less money.

But Mr Dyson demonstrator is one of the most blatant ones when he is talking about the hot/cold fan. "the difference with this heater, that no other heater does out there, is it switches off when it reaches the right temperature and then switches on again when the temperature drops"

I mean COME ON!!! Cheapo heaters have been able to do that for donkeys years. It is such an utterly bizarre claim/lie to come out with.

Hohbein stretches the truth to breaking point on many occasions, especially when bigging up Apple. One example "if you want a super powerful mothership, then this (2.5K Apple desktop) is superb" yeah an i5 processor and 8gb of ram is super powerful" :mysmilie_51: Total bullcrap as you can buy much more powerful hardware, for a lot less money.

But Mr Dyson demonstrator is one of the most blatant ones when he is talking about the hot/cold fan. "the difference with this heater, that no other heater does out there, is it switches off when it reaches the right temperature and then switches on again when the temperature drops"

I mean COME ON!!! Cheapo heaters have been able to do that for donkeys years. It is such an utterly bizarre claim/lie to come out with.

He's an ex Bid Tv presenter so lying comes as standard, a £20 convection heater will switch off when it reaches the right temperature and on again when it drops, honestly some of the crap they come out with.

I could be wrong on this, but they keep insisting Clark's are British through and through still using the same locations from yesteryear but the shoes I have are all made in Vietnam.

Not sure wether it’s an outrageous lie, but Andrew from Gatineau keeps carping on about it being a prestigious French brand,but never mentions that a lot of the products are made in the UK.
I also read that Clark’s will be stopping production of their shoes in the UK.

Not sure wether it’s an outrageous lie, but Andrew from Gatineau keeps carping on about it being a prestigious French brand,but never mentions that a lot of the products are made in the UK.

Doesn't count as a lie, however it is very interesting. It's like buying "Italian" ice-cream that's been made in Macclesfield.

Yep Lynn definitely a lie, can’t be a French brand if it’s made in the UK, it’s like me saying we had a holiday in the Bahamas but went to Skeggy. Nothing wrong with Skeggy, so why not say it’s s UK brand with a French name, mind you I suppose it’s not as exotic, Saggy Baggley needs a good talk with himself.

Charles Tyrwhitt call themselves a British brand when their products are manufactured in Chine, Bangladesh and Indonesia. By dint of the fact that they have a store in Jermyn Street and Regent Street they claim to be British. I don't believe a word of what crinkly old Bagley says anyway.

Andrew needs to keep the French thing going so he can ride about Paris acting like James Bond :mysmilie_17:
After all it was more up market than the other advert of him on the Eurostar
:mysmilie_11:

Andrew needs to keep the French thing going so he can ride about Paris acting like James Bond :mysmilie_17:
After all it was more up market than the other advert of him on the Eurostar
:mysmilie_11:

Oddly enough I have had the "privilege" of sitting opposite him on the Eurostar - purely by chance. It's going back a few years now but as the train emerged on the UK side he started barking orders on the telephone to his assistant - saying: "Don't you realise I have a television appearance to make, for god's sake!" He must have had a few coupes of champagne on the journey, too.

wel hes no advert for skincare. its odd what people would not accept in the world of cosmetics from a woman people will take from mr Baggy skin

Latest posts

Back