Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies! / caught in the act!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wel hes no advert for skincare. its odd what people would not accept in the world of cosmetics from a woman people will take from mr Baggy skin

It's a shame that women are expected to remain eternally youthful whereas slightly craggy men don't get as much hassle. Women age just as much as anyone and anything else. Even the most beautiful plum will one day turn into a prune, and there's only so much all these lotions and potions can do to stave off the ravages of time. Bagley is not the worst guest. I quite like his voice, however I don't particularly trust him or his potions.

Have you ever noticed the big scar on the left side of his face? (AB, that is.) Looks like he got glassed in a bar fight. Not very James Bond.

Oddly enough I have had the "privilege" of sitting opposite him on the Eurostar - purely by chance. It's going back a few years now but as the train emerged on the UK side he started barking orders on the telephone to his assistant - saying: "Don't you realise I have a television appearance to make, for god's sake!" He must have had a few coupes of champagne on the journey, too.

Oh dear was no one free to meet him or have the Aston brought around

:mysmilie_3:

Bagley was born in January 1967 - so that would make him only 52 years of age. I'd have put him down as older than that, so his potions aren't doing him much good. I heard he has a passion for fast / luxury cars and exhibits at an annual car show.

It's not worth the money, honestly I'd stick to your milk frothier, my Aldi milk frothed is better than the £100 Velvetiser. The Velvetiser doesn't get the chocolate hot it's just warm, there were still flakes not melted and the quality seems flimsy and no you can't use anything other than their chocolate flakes in it, I tried two of the flavours (hazelnut and salted caramel) and they were not very nice, the husband didn't like it either and he's so easy going and says yes to anything. We seen it being demonstrated so I told her what was said on QVC, she didn't seem bothered but at least I got it off my chest for the customer who would've taken Simon Biagi at his word (which means absolutely nothing) only to get it home and find out you can't use it for coffee after all. Hope this helps. :mysmilie_3:

I can't afford to spend that much anyway - it was frother or nowt.

Mine doesn't heat the milk for coffee or chocolate as high as I'd like but it does make the texture delicious. I make sure I pour into a microwaveable mug and zap it to my taste.

I also put it on the cold setting first before using the warm setting. It mixes in much better with two cycles and it won't heat up one cycle directly after another without cooling down first. My chocolate/coffee already takes long enough without hanging around for it to cool when I'm warming it up again in the micro.

I will be picking up a few sachets from Hotel Chocolat one day, though. Just to see if my own mix is as good as theirs when I factor in the cost of the two. I do love a nice hot choccie.

Yep Lynn definitely a lie, can’t be a French brand if it’s made in the UK, it’s like me saying we had a holiday in the Bahamas but went to Skeggy. Nothing wrong with Skeggy, so why not say it’s s UK brand with a French name, mind you I suppose it’s not as exotic, Saggy Baggley needs a good talk with himself.

Sorry if this is repeated down thread, but I believe Gat. is owned by Revlon (a US company....surprised?)

Oddly enough I have had the "privilege" of sitting opposite him on the Eurostar - purely by chance. It's going back a few years now but as the train emerged on the UK side he started barking orders on the telephone to his assistant - saying: "Don't you realise I have a television appearance to make, for god's sake!" He must have had a few coupes of champagne on the journey, too.

What an astonishing knob.

It's a shame that women are expected to remain eternally youthful whereas slightly craggy men don't get as much hassle. Women age just as much as anyone and anything else. Even the most beautiful plum will one day turn into a prune, and there's only so much all these lotions and potions can do to stave off the ravages of time. Bagley is not the worst guest. I quite like his voice, however I don't particularly trust him or his potions.

Bromance Julius? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't afford to spend that much anyway - it was frother or nowt.

Mine doesn't heat the milk for coffee or chocolate as high as I'd like but it does make the texture delicious. I make sure I pour into a microwaveable mug and zap it to my taste.

I also put it on the cold setting first before using the warm setting. It mixes in much better with two cycles and it won't heat up one cycle directly after another without cooling down first. My chocolate/coffee already takes long enough without hanging around for it to cool when I'm warming it up again in the micro.

I will be picking up a few sachets from Hotel Chocolat one day, though. Just to see if my own mix is as good as theirs when I factor in the cost of the two. I do love a nice hot choccie.

My Aldi milk frother cost a tenner and what I do is add my cocoa powder, or Ovaltine (I do like Ovaltine) and put it on the frother/heat selection and it comes out perfect. The Velvetiser, in my opinion, is a gimmick and and expensive at that. Try it if it goes on easy pay again on QVC and see what you think because it is a case of each to their own, personally though in my opinion, it wouldn't evern be worth half the price.

Sorry if this is repeated down thread, but I believe Gat. is owned by Revlon (a US company....surprised?)

Surprised?........not at all. :mysmilie_17:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG! Cath Huntley literally just now said that "feels smug as she's ordered THREE HD tv's - one for a family member and one for a friend. Yeah RIGHT Cath!!! Although we don't have any definitive proof this is a lie, who would spend £1500 on tellys for friends! Oh FFS I am so sick of it!

OMFG! Cath Huntley literally just now said that "feels smug as she's ordered THREE HD tv's - one for a family member and one for a friend. Yeah RIGHT Cath!!! Although we don't have any definitive proof this is a lie, who would spend £1500 on tellys for friends! Oh FFS I am so sick of it!

Lucky her, with £1,500 to spare in mid-January. Not something I want to hear.

How much is staff discount 30% ???

They paying her back in easy payments too.
Don’t Q ever think all this, oops save me x, I’ve bought x number, I got this, that, bought for x number of persons, family, friends and the lady in the post office, could be counter intuitive perhaps?
If you went to a local business thinking you were helping them getting on their feet and helping them compete with the big boys. But you got shoved in your face all the time what they considered important to tell you. Such as oh by the way I’d like to tell you I have x number, bought x number and don’t buy any of these yet till I’ve put some away for myself and presents for Uncle Tom Cobbley n All.
Wouldn’t you get fed up eventually if not right away and go elsewhere with your cash.

My Aldi milk frother cost a tenner and what I do is add my cocoa powder, or Ovaltine (I do like Ovaltine) and put it on the frother/heat selection and it comes out perfect. The Velvetiser, in my opinion, is a gimmick and and expensive at that. Try it if it goes on easy pay again on QVC and see what you think because it is a case of each to their own, personally though in my opinion, it wouldn't evern be worth half the price.

Surprised?........not at all. :mysmilie_17:

I do like a cup of Ovaltine. I've just slapped it on my shopping list for this week.

All these milky drinks are great for my bones and very comforting (unlike Q presenter lies), but they're not doing my waistline much good!

Abi Cleeve was on, touting her "Skinsense" range for all she was worth. She spoke about 2 giant tubs of body cream and said that lamellar technology is a new technology. NO ABI IT F***ING WELL IS NOT! L'Oréal introduced it in 1987 with their Plénitude range and "Action Liposomes" cream. Then she said she "got emotional when reading the reviews which tell how hr products have improved people's daughters' lives, and their granddaughters' lives. NO ABI. People's granddaughters wouldn't go f***ing well NEAR your pots of gloop!

wel hes no advert for skincare. its odd what people would not accept in the world of cosmetics from a woman people will take from mr Baggy skin

:mysmilie_17: Ha ha ha ha. I don't buy Gatineau as it does nothing for my skin and I never watch either as Mr Bagley is a bit too smug for my liking. As for him barking at people on the phone - oh is one so full of one's self importance?

CC

Abi Cleeve was on, touting her "Skinsense" range for all she was worth. She spoke about 2 giant tubs of body cream and said that lamellar technology is a new technology. NO ABI IT F***ING WELL IS NOT! L'Oréal introduced it in 1987 with their Plénitude range and "Action Liposomes" cream. Then she said she "got emotional when reading the reviews which tell how hr products have improved people's daughters' lives, and their granddaughters' lives. NO ABI. People's granddaughters wouldn't go f***ing well NEAR your pots of gloop!

I have tried many skincare products and I have tried this one. Their apparently lauded neck cream is rubbish and the other things I bought were returned. Didn't make things worse but definitely made no difference whatsoever. Might be different for others.

CC

I have tried many skincare products and I have tried this one. Their apparently lauded neck cream is rubbish and the other things I bought were returned. Didn't make things worse but definitely made no difference whatsoever. Might be different for others.

CC

Some of her products sound OK, however not every product works for every person. Also I just don't like her style of presenting them. She over-hypes and tells blatant lies. Yes it's unusual to have hyaluronic acid in a body cream - granted but HA and lamellar technology are by no means new.

I've found that some of the cheapest products have worked the best for me - Avalon skin C renewal face cream, Simple cucumber and hyaluronic acid eye roll-on, and Asda / Soltan SPF. Also the Nivea stick lip balms are amazing. The classic care one has just been reformulated with a melt-in formula and it got terrible reviews online - whereas I love it! It's got shea butter and avocado oil in it. Without it my lips would be too cracked up to eat. For me the product is a miracle. In summer I use the Hydra Care Nivea SPF 15 stick which protects well. £1 a piece! I prefer the stick balms as I can't open those stupid little tins of lip balm without the lid pinging off over to the other side of the room and I don't really want to touch the balm with my fingers.

Some of her products sound OK, however not every product works for every person. Also I just don't like her style of presenting them. She over-hypes and tells blatant lies. Yes it's unusual to have hyaluronic acid in a body cream - granted but HA and lamellar technology are by no means new.

I've found that some of the cheapest products have worked the best for me - Avalon skin C renewal face cream, Simple cucumber and hyaluronic acid eye roll-on, and Asda / Soltan SPF. Also the Nivea stick lip balms are amazing. The classic care one has just been reformulated with a melt-in formula and it got terrible reviews online - whereas I love it! It's got shea butter and avocado oil in it. Without it my lips would be too cracked up to eat. For me the product is a miracle. In summer I use the Hydra Care Nivea SPF 15 stick which protects well. £1 a piece! I prefer the stick balms as I can't open those stupid little tins of lip balm without the lid pinging off over to the other side of the room and I don't really want to touch the balm with my fingers.

I can't open those stupid little tins of lip balm without the lid pinging off over to the other side of the room and I don't really want to touch the balm with my fingers.

:mysmilie_19: You are funny!

there are some great bargains to be had in our local high street chemists I must admit. there are cheaper alternative to cleanse and polish, Elemis, Decleor and even skin sense. even the cheapest stores like Aldi and Lidl have some great products

I like Aldi’s skincare products and because they are so reasonably-priced I feel I can use more. I don’t waste the stuff but put on as much as my skin will absorb rather than the pea-size amounts advised by the QVC brands.

Latest posts

Back