Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies! / caught in the act!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Aldi’s skincare products and because they are so reasonably-priced I feel I can use more. I don’t waste the stuff but put on as much as my skin will absorb rather than the pea-size amounts advised by the QVC brands.

A few weeks ago I picked up a tube of the Aldi version of Flash Balm (Clarins) and their knock-off of Benefit's They're Real. The balm is lovely and the ingredients almost identical to Flash Balm but the scent... :puke: And it didn't die down! 30 minutes later I was scrubbing it off with a wet wipe I'd begged off a mum in a cafe!

The mascara is as close to identical as could be. I only have a mini version of They're Real and I think the brush is slightly different to the full version, but the brush on Aldi's version is excellent. I put the Aldi on one eye and the Benefit on the other. Identical results. At the end of the day they'd worn eye-dentically :wink:

I would buy a lot more and be a lot happier with Aldi stuff if their products (or at least some of the ones I've tried) weren't so highly scented. Or at least with a fragrance my nose doesn't hate.

Says on the website Joules TSV for tonight already a Ummmm :mysmilie_10: ‘Best Seller’

:mysmilie_17: Ha ha ha ha. I don't buy Gatineau as it does nothing for my skin and I never watch either as Mr Bagley is a bit too smug for my liking. As for him barking at people on the phone - oh is one so full of one's self importance?

CC

I got the 200ml of the neck and decollate cream on easy pay and a special price. I must admit my chest has improved dramatically more than I would ever have imagined. In fact my sister in law commented on how smooth my chest was.

A few weeks ago I picked up a tube of the Aldi version of Flash Balm (Clarins) and their knock-off of Benefit's They're Real. The balm is lovely and the ingredients almost identical to Flash Balm but the scent... :puke: And it didn't die down! 30 minutes later I was scrubbing it off with a wet wipe I'd begged off a mum in a cafe!

The mascara is as close to identical as could be. I only have a mini version of They're Real and I think the brush is slightly different to the full version, but the brush on Aldi's version is excellent. I put the Aldi on one eye and the Benefit on the other. Identical results. At the end of the day they'd worn eye-dentically :wink:

I would buy a lot more and be a lot happier with Aldi stuff if their products (or at least some of the ones I've tried) weren't so highly scented. Or at least with a fragrance my nose doesn't hate.

I am very sensitive to smells in products - they make my nose twitch and run. I am using a Philip Kingsley shampoo at the moment, and goodness the perfume smell is so strong in it. I have used their shampoos before, but don't remember them smelling this much. I always have to use conditioner after using it to dampen down the pong.

I got the 200ml of the neck and decollate cream on easy pay and a special price. I must admit my chest has improved dramatically more than I would ever have imagined. In fact my sister in law commented on how smooth my chest was.

That sounds like a good result, Pops. Was it the Gat.cream that is called Throat Gel, normally in 75mls? I found that a bit sticky & roll offy. Is this the one you liked?

Last edited:
That sounds like a good result, Pops. Was it the Gat.cream that is called Throat Gel, normally in 75mls? I found that a bit sticky & roll offy. Is this the one you liked?

It's the Defilift 3D firming Throat Gel,not got any roll off and cant say I find it sticky. Hope this helps SB.:happy:

It's the Defilift 3D firming Throat Gel,not got any roll off and cant say I find it sticky. Hope this helps SB.:happy:

Thanks, hon'. Can you expand on your user experience (!)

My dec. is slaughtered from trekking the Indian desert, vest top & zero sunscreen,
trekking in the Himalayas - zero sunscreen, sunbeds in my 20's, more India & zero cream, Southern Spain baking by the pool etc.....Not pretty. It's also become sensitive to acids....what to dooooooo? Sniff.....:mysmilie_476: It's upsetting if I think about it.

Last edited:

My dec. is slaughtered from trekking the Indian desert, vest top & zero sunscreen,
trekking in the Himalayas - zero sunscreen, sunbeds in my 20's, more India & zero cream, Southern Spain baking by the pool etc.....Not pretty. It's also become sensitive to acids....what to dooooooo? Sniff.....:mysmilie_476: It's upsetting if I think about it.
It does sound like you have some wonderful memories though, and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I have lost the most of the vertical lines and the necklace lines. Had a top on today showing a bit of cleavage and will have to use it between my boobs. I have been using for about 6 months and it is nearly finished. My sister gave me the Prai neck and decollate for Christmas so will be starting on that in the next week. I must admit to only using once a day and followed Fiona's comments about them using over the shoulders in France. Being born in 1948 we never had sunscreen and were playing out all day as children and I also had bad acne in my teens and doctor told me to get out in the sun! I must say I never used a sunbed and use Factor 50 in the summer abroad and 30 here unless it is very hot like last summer. I don't think I would be happy buying the 75ml for the price but would buy this size again. Hope this helps.

I need a miracle cream for my neck/Turkey wattle. I lost 4 stone in weight about 3 years ago and discovered that much of the fat had been in my neck, keeping it plump and smooth !

For me the biggest con is when Jill F presents clothes whilst wearing a bulldog clip to make them better fitting thus giving the impression you are buying a fitted garment rather than a baggy sack.

OMFG! Cath Huntley literally just now said that "feels smug as she's ordered THREE HD tv's - one for a family member and one for a friend. Yeah RIGHT Cath!!! Although we don't have any definitive proof this is a lie, who would spend £1500 on tellys for friends! Oh FFS I am so sick of it!

Is one for her smelly wax friend now he is on his uppers

For me the biggest con is when Jill F presents clothes whilst wearing a bulldog clip to make them better fitting thus giving the impression you are buying a fitted garment rather than a baggy sack.

Yes, mind you I dare say that if she didn't do that she'd cop some flack for going on screen like a marquee-draped beanpole.

If a candle were created to represent the essence of Cath Huntley it would surely be: "Saccharine, sugar, syrup, caramel, treacle, sorbitol, toffee."

Yes But!!!! You left out mentioning...... VEGAN!!!!!

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back