Ruth Langsford TSV 16/2/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is a Ruth Langsford TSV on Saturday 16th February :happy:

Bootcut by any chance? Expensive by any chance? I never buy jeans when I have to pay to return them as they consistently don't fit properly.

Bootcut by any chance? Expensive by any chance? I never buy jeans when I have to pay to return them as they consistently don't fit properly.

Each to their own, but I find bootcut such an old-fashioned look - instantly transports me back to the 90s with a see-through top from Kookai over a push up bra...ah memories

They are completely old hat but they keep trotting them out as they are "perfect for balancing the figure". In fact I find all RL stuff either far too fitted or far too mumsy. Money safe.

CC

Well both blue pairs look OK but nothing special. I'll bet Asda have similar for £10 and they do 3 leg lengths as well. The black ones look horrible, ill fitting and wrinkled in that photo. Do people still wear jeans with high heels? It is a tad 80's.

CC

Is the first photo a man? That would be enough to put me off!

Jeans are so difficult to fit it takes about 20 attempts to get the one for you so no way going to pay Q prices for that exercise.

RL is a good decade or maybe 2 younger than me but I find her very old fashioned. I appreciate that she maybe has a structured look for some of her work but she seems unable to get out of the “office” look.

Jeans are so difficult to fit it takes about 20 attempts to get the one for you so no way going to pay Q prices for that exercise.

RL is a good decade or maybe 2 younger than me but I find her very old fashioned. I appreciate that she maybe has a structured look for some of her work but she seems unable to get out of the “office” look.

Man hands!

Jeans are the one garment that's nigh on impossible to get right. It took me years to find a brand that fitted perfectly, for me it was Guardeur.

Some may find that QVC are ok for them, but honestly? I cant afford the return postage every time to get the right fit.

RL is 12 years younger than me, but I too find her and her range too 'old' for me - although I suppose saying 'old' now means someone in their 80's !!!! Oh gawd !

I have always wanted to try Guardeur as I like their colour ranges but with German brands ( or are they Austrian?) they suit a straighter figure, I have always been more hippy with a smaller waist.Agree it could cost a fortune with QVC p&p costs to get the right fit!

Each to their own, but I find bootcut such an old-fashioned look - instantly transports me back to the 90s with a see-through top from Kookai over a push up bra...ah memories

No I hate bootcut. I have problems with jeans, never high waisted enough for me. ATM I am into Bon Marche jeggings, although,on me, they look like skinny jeans, skinny jeans look like slim leg and as for ordinary style jeans, well they look like the bottom part of a boiler suit. Keep waiting for Aldi to get jeggings in stock as Shopperholic said they were a good fit.

Yes it does look like a man. They will be too baggy on the leg for me.

I'm another bootcut hater, and glad to read on here that I'm not in the minority. (mainly because of the length, and as I'm only a boot wearer for walking the dog I can't wait for winter to be over so I can ditch them)

I'm tall and hippy with fairly chunky thighs. Unfortunately, boot cut balance and suit me. I look for a skinny boot to try to lessen the unfashionable tag but appreciate that they're still available as they suit quite a lot of people and styled well can look really good. I can get away with some straight styles, but skinny! OMG. I look like a chicken! I'm loving M&S 360 denim at the moment. It fits like a glove but is so comfortable. I've read reviews that they get baggy after wearing but I go size down and they don't.

Skinny consistently seems to be the most popular style out there but very few people actually look balanced in them. I see some overweight youngsters pouring themselves into skinny jeans then tucking their tops in and wonder if they checked the mirror before they left the house as their clothes look ****** awful.

And that's the trouble with fashion. Youngsters, in particular, follow the latest trends with no regard to whether it suits them. I had a brutally honest friend when I was a teen who helped me avoid fashion disasters and taught me to look twice and actually see what was in the mirror. I remember my mum wondering aloud why my sister never had a friend like her - sister was (and still is) known for her fashion disasters. She can still turn up looking like Cyndi Lauper with a blue rinse these days and she's 60.

I'm another bootcut hater, and glad to read on here that I'm not in the minority. (mainly because of the length, and as I'm only a boot wearer for walking the dog I can't wait for winter to be over so I can ditch them)

Do you mean knee high boots?
I wear ankle boots ,trouser boots and my walking boots with my jeans and jeggings.

Do you mean knee high boots?
I wear ankle boots ,trouser boots and my walking boots with my jeans and jeggings.

No, any boots. I went down the fashion route in the 60's, wearing knee high white ones like we all did. I know some people live in their boots, but they're just not me to wear all the time. I have Uggs for comfort and warmth for dog walking in dry weather, and Croc wellies for the wet weather and that's it.

So the first sign of Spring they're shoved in the cupboard and I'm in my flats/ballet/skechers/sandals, until the clocks are put back.

Just watching Ruth Bland-ford, and surprise its a straight leg jean, but am still not buying. I'm not into Ruth's 'classic with a twist' style, as I'm slobbing about in retirement, and her range is to 'officy' for my lunch/dinner with the girls.

Latest posts

Back