Ruth Langsford TSV 16/2/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruth Langsford

I just tuned into her hour and was expecting to find the usual screeching style, hard sell and naff products, however I have to say she seems like a really nice lady and a perfectly decent guest. Her voice is not annoying, she is articulate and her collections seems nice enough. I think she makes a great ambassador for QVC and would do far better than the plethora of banshees among the presenting staff.

I tend to agree Julius, but I do think she has sold herself not only to QVC, but to every women's magazine on the stands. What we don't know about her relationship with Eammon, or their lifestyle, or their son Jack or their dog, isn't worth knowing. The Langsford/Holmes partnership is becoming tedious as did/do the Maddeley/Finnegan marriage that we also know everything about, due to the constant publicity on magazine covers.

I feel the same. Have any of you stopped to think what wonderful trips these two, and other so-called celebs go on, paid for by us. Nobody has ever mentioned this, so I thought I would bring it up. The idea is that we see how well offs live, what their money has given them, so the powers that be send celebs on all expenses spared “trips” here or around the world. Not work I say. RL would never have been noticed if she had not married Mr. Holmes!

I turned over the channel yesterday, out of three times Ruthie was on twice, once with Eamon once on her own, turned on the telly this morning and there she is again on the morning repeat the next day, talk about over saturating the market. I can’t listen.....to her speak.....the constant.....pauses.....really get on my.....ti....

I feel the same. Have any of you stopped to think what wonderful trips these two, and other so-called celebs go on, paid for by us. Nobody has ever mentioned this, so I thought I would bring it up. The idea is that we see how well offs live, what their money has given them, so the powers that be send celebs on all expenses spared “trips” here or around the world. Not work I say. RL would never have been noticed if she had not married Mr. Holmes!

Couldn't agree more. Being a 'celebrity' is a huge money earner. The old timers on the 'Marigold' show on the premise of what being a pensioner abroad is like - and all we see are them having a whale of a time at our expense, not exactly 'fact finding'. Then there are the numerous travel programmes from Sue Perkins to Martin Clunes, or John Sargent and Michael Buerk on a boat around Britain, the list is ****** endless - from stranded on an island to climbing a mountain. The best of the bunch was Michael Palin who started it all decades ago, and no one can touch him.

I suppose those we have gracing QVC - Mone, Lulu, McLean, Holden et al are all a bit too precious / or couldn't hack the thought of roughing it just to make a travel programme, so its easier to 'front' a product and still get paid for it.

No, any boots. I went down the fashion route in the 60's, wearing knee high white ones like we all did. I know some people live in their boots, but they're just not me to wear all the time. I have Uggs for comfort and warmth for dog walking in dry weather, and Croc wellies for the wet weather and that's it.

So the first sign of Spring they're shoved in the cupboard and I'm in my flats/ballet/skechers/sandals, until the clocks are put back.

Just watching Ruth Bland-ford, and surprise its a straight leg jean, but am still not buying. I'm not into Ruth's 'classic with a twist' style, as I'm slobbing about in retirement, and her range is to 'officy' for my lunch/dinner with the girls.

Not interested in them, they won't look straight leg on me they will look like ordinary jeans. Glad I'm not the only one slobbing about in retirement. ATM I have pj bottoms from lidl on as joggers.

Mr Langsford (EH) was big in N Ireland tv along with Gloria Hunniford and when he got his big chance he left for London leaving wife No 1 and 3 kids behind. Before long he had hooked up with someone and later with RL but wasn’t divorced from No 1 until a few years after RL son born.

Never really liked him because of that.

I don't about Eamonn, however Ruth Langsford seems alright. She always looks a bit like a legal secretary or a PA. Her omnipresence, it seems, knows no bounds. Still at least she's not stupid like Anthea Turner and not dull like Hoppen. I had to laugh last night when a few tweets came in from various men wanting a menswear range and she had to feign some interest in their comments. Like she's actually contemplating doing menswear range! Her appeal is, I would imagine, largely to middle-class ladies. Can't imagine most blokes identifying with her as a brand. Ooh what shall I get? G-Star? Levi's, Armani? No, Ruth Langsford! Hmmm! Then another tweet came through inviting her and J Kabler to a birthday party in Cheltenham - I liked how she sipped over that.

I agree LATI, in the endless mag articles about this duo, he constantly spouts about RL being the 'love of his life', and I always think how crass to say that, when wife no.1 gave him 3 kids, and no doubt supported him during his early years.

We now have Paul Hollywood ditching wife no.1 and child to shack up with another child, and Ant McPartland treating his now ex wife abominably in public.

Of course no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, but I wish these blokes would keep their traps shut about their new romances, as it surely rubs salt into deep wounds they've left behind.

Just switched Q on at they were showing a vest top from RL range........£26 :mysmilie_466:

I agree LATI, in the endless mag articles about this duo, he constantly spouts about RL being the 'love of his life', and I always think how crass to say that, when wife no.1 gave him 3 kids, and no doubt supported him during his early years.

We now have Paul Hollywood ditching wife no.1 and child to shack up with another child, and Ant McPartland treating his now ex wife abominably in public.

Of course no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, but I wish these blokes would keep their traps shut about their new romances, as it surely rubs salt into deep wounds they've left behind.

I agree it does seem inappropriate for Eamonn to say that, however I'm sure RL is not programming him to say it. He's his own person and as such is responsible for his actions. I've never been a big Eamonn fan. He just seems like a not-particularly-talented, lardy guy with a Northern Irish accent.

No I hate bootcut. I have problems with jeans, never high waisted enough for me. ATM I am into Bon Marche jeggings, although,on me, they look like skinny jeans, skinny jeans look like slim leg and as for ordinary style jeans, well they look like the bottom part of a boiler suit. Keep waiting for Aldi to get jeggings in stock as Shopperholic said they were a good fit.

Have you seen the new Levi jeans that are in every mag I pick up? They're up to the ribs or something (despite seeing the ad numerous times, I still can't remember what they're called. This old age lark is a bit sh!te).

Also took me ages to remember who wanted them and what thread they were on!

Have you seen the new Levi jeans that are in every mag I pick up? They're up to the ribs or something (despite seeing the ad numerous times, I still can't remember what they're called. This old age lark is a bit sh!te).

Also took me ages to remember who wanted them and what thread they were on!

I was wondering about the jeans on Jane ('model') from Next? on Lorraine, so it might have been me?

Asda do miracle jeans that have a sort of high waist corset bit on the top. I bought some a couple of years ago when my stomach was taking over the street and they did hold it in and they weren't uncomfortable. You'll know which ones they are if you look as they are the most expensive (of course!). Love Asda jeans, they just fit and make you look thinner because of that.

CC

Latest posts

Back