Anttony (grim) fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
For a designer who likes to wear stuff from the 'dressing-up' box, he sure has an old fashioned idea as to what a woman wants to wear.

His recent on air offerings are like trawling through the rails of some dated department store from the 1960s for old ladies. The design of his poly tops are the same as those from every other designer on Q, and he's doing a pack of 2 ! plain and pattern, how novel !

We don't want cold shoulder, we don't want shark bite, we don't want hi-lo. We just want better fabrics, perhaps crepe, in better designs. In summer why cant we have cheesecloth tops and dresses, and maybe tops with handkerchief hems. If we have to pay more, then I would gladly, just to be rid of the ****** printed sweat inducing polyester !!!!

I imagine ladies of a certain age wearing them at a church in the southern states. You know the ones wearing chiffon and matching hats usually at a wonky angle.

Its the nasty prints and cheap fabrics that most of the fashion ranges use, that's so diabolical.

At least some of Kim's fabrics have a 'weightier' feel to them, but a lot of her prints tend to look like stretch sofa covers.

Nina Leonard mainly sticks to plain coloured poly but with the awful designs in the ever favourite 'blush', but their occasional prints are so dated.

Attitudes by Renee and her ****** wardrobe warriors are just a pick'n'mix of the above.

Then there are the H by Halson/CocoBianca/etc who all churn out the prints that we'd pay money NOT to wear.

@brissles exactly that! The "dressing up box" it's like the child that goes snooping in the loft and finds an old chest with all sorts of weird clothing in it. But hey, he spells his name with two T's, which tells you everything you need to know about him :/

I can't remember the last time I watched a full hour of fashion. I always looked forward to the Carole Hochman hours, but even that have gone off, with very few pieces of nightwear I would buy.Imo the QVC fashion have gone from bad to worse...

I switched on for about two minutes in an ad break and saw him with Jakki Kabler. Now maybe I was hallucinating, but I could swear they were discussing the fact that he is dressing a sleb for The Oscars!!!!! He couldn't give her name and JK was just going on about how she loved watching that show so I do know for sure that they were talking about those awards. So if you see someone with a shark fin hem and embellishments.....

I never actually watch his shows, I have seen his dress up though.

But I swear he said he got his ideas from his mother. So perhaps he designs based on a 70+ woman.

A few photos have popped up on QVC Facebook saying who would wear this? All his designs.

His clothing range is dire. I wonder how much sells, as it is so antwacky. I felt quite depressed watching the little I did, and then when he alluded to the Oscars, I did start to think which actress needed to go to specsavers, or start searching for a guide dog. :mysmilie_48:

I like him as a person but what was served up yesterday was just awful and the prices! Go to any weekend market and the chatty local chap will sell you something very very similar for £5.99 and if you really chat him up you can get two for a tenner.

CC

But I swear he said he got his ideas from his mother. So perhaps he designs based on a 70+ woman.

A few photos have popped up on QVC Facebook saying who would wear this? All his designs.

That's the thing Donna ! In the U.S a 70 year old woman has the money to be faced lifted to infinity and can afford to wear expensive designer wear; or they resemble how our grannies looked in the 1970's.

Yes, there will always be ladies of a certain age where the years haven't been kind, but we are now reaching an era where the 70 year olds in the UK are the 1960's disco dancing generation. Ok, our waists have thickened and elastic waists help, but we sure as hell do not want to dress like our opposite numbers across the pond, in stuff that will end up in the charity shop bag.

The promo clip of him designing and signing his drawing of a very stylish outfit is ridiculous when he offers us dire stuff.

I'm of the opinion that these American designers don't actually 'design' any of the stuff that they put their name to. Because its all so similar I think there's a hangar full of garments, and these designers get a substantial fee just for fronting it.

I mean, like you say LIAM, what they design in their day job is a world away from the QVC market stall. If they did have any input, then why don't they put a 'twist' of their own brand rather than the bog standard 3/4 sleeve round neck tops that is dished up time and again.

@brissles exactly that! The "dressing up box" it's like the child that goes snooping in the loft and finds an old chest with all sorts of weird clothing in it. But hey, he spells his name with two T's, which tells you everything you need to know about him :/

Not another one!

That'd probably be the only woman he's ever been near! Mr Twirly Moustache and his frightful creations should be cast into Room 101, forever to be lost in the wreathing mists of time. Those horrid old garms are the sorts of things certain types wear to the Captain's table aboard a cruise ship, thinking they look classy when they just look like they are trying to be a Dynasty character from the 80s.

Last edited:
Years ago on Q there was Harold Glooker - a German designer who could out-panto Anttony any day of the week, BUT his designs were great !

I still own a Chanel-esque suit of his in cream boucle that I refuse to part with - skirt and jacket sold separately but still cost around £120 for the complete outfit, and not a scrap of Poly to be found ! His satin pencil skirts had a side split with a bow - ok not for everyone, but despite his flamboyance and rubbish command of English, his designs were as far removed from the cr.p offered now as you could get.

Julius, you would have loved him !

Years ago on Q there was Harold Glooker - a German designer who could out-panto Anttony any day of the week, BUT his designs were great !

I still own a Chanel-esque suit of his in cream boucle that I refuse to part with - skirt and jacket sold separately but still cost around £120 for the complete outfit, and not a scrap of Poly to be found ! His satin pencil skirts had a side split with a bow - ok not for everyone, but despite his flamboyance and rubbish command of English, his designs were as far removed from the cr.p offered now as you could get.

Julius, you would have loved him !

Will have to look him up! He sounds like a laugh.

Just checked out QVC Germany, and managed to suss out bluse - being blouse. WELL, the styles are clearly aimed at the stylish European woman - just check out Thom and Via Milano, certainly NOT the gawdawful prints and poly that we are lumbered with. but flattering colours and tops that wouldn't see the inside of the charity black bag !!

The image abroad of the British woman appears to be one of 'cheapness' and likes to dress in sofa prints.

Latest posts

Back