Cath Kidston TSV 22/2/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I quite like the Amazon ones in the bird print, and for a Summer's use that's a reasonable price. The CK items are more "considered" purchases, but if folk really like them I don't worry about them paying more than I would if it really brings them joy (and they can pay their bills and feed their kids etc). I suspect many will get swept along by the sales patter and then have a reality check and return within their 30 day MBG. Then those who really love CK already may be disappointed if the "made for QVC" bag isn't up to usual standards for the brand. I'll watch a little of the shows but can't see me using a bag like this.

Now I quite like the Amazon ones in the bird print, and for a Summer's use that's a reasonable price. The CK items are more "considered" purchases, but if folk really like them I don't worry about them paying more than I would if it really brings them joy (and they can pay their bills and feed their kids etc). I suspect many will get swept along by the sales patter and then have a reality check and return within their 30 day MBG. Then those who really love CK already may be disappointed if the "made for QVC" bag isn't up to usual standards for the brand. I'll watch a little of the shows but can't see me using a bag like this.

I have a Summer print bag I bought last year and it looks lovely with pastel coloured Summer clothes but it`s leather, comes with a long and short straps and its own dust bag, cost me around £40 and isn`t a heavy bag. I lost count of the number of people who asked me where I`d bought it. Here`s a pic of the same bag but its nicer in the flesh.
summer bag.jpg

I like Cath kitson. my son in law bought my daughter and granddaughter matching dresses and the look so funny when they wear them. I have some kitchen bits but would never buy this bag.

I have the dark green print on a small cross body bag. I don't normally use that type of bag but sometimes when buying or collecting a large item from the PO or on click and collect you need both arms free so I got it in the Cath Kidston sale. I got a scarlet one with birds too. I think they are both quite nice! Not big enough to offend, LOL.

Naff Kidston is all about sage green overlaid with slightly twee kitschette florals. Reminds me of my nan's apron from back in the 80s.

Naff Kidston is all about sage green overlaid with slightly twee kitschette florals. Reminds me of my nan's apron from back in the 80s.

Hey, that was my line :mysmilie_17: I must be older than you as I was married in the 80's and hardly saw my gran as I lived in London.

CC

I have a Summer print bag I bought last year and it looks lovely with pastel coloured Summer clothes but it`s leather, comes with a long and short straps and its own dust bag, cost me around £40 and isn`t a heavy bag. I lost count of the number of people who asked me where I`d bought it. Here`s a pic of the same bag but its nicer in the flesh.
View attachment 16946

That is a pretty bag and I like the pale blue one with the birds on Amazon. I won't buy though as I don't go anywhere that needs that kind of bag.

CC

I’ve heard of CK a while ago, wasn’t aware of the bags though, mind you once the brand hit QVC, QVC probably put in an order with their own Chinese warehouse to knock out a couple Of hundred bags. I also hope people check Amazon out first too because the extra saving is always better off in the customers pocket.

Spend £35 or more on CK's website you can get 15% off with code PICK15

Cath Kidston Printed Curve Shoulder Bag
Item Number: 176416
QVC Price £53.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £4.95

Currently only available at QVC, this smart, curved shoulder bag from Cath Kidston comes in a fresh floral print and features a shoulder strap and a detachable, adjustable cross-body strap, plus pockets to keep your everyday essentials safe. Accessorise your spring outfits perfectly with this colourful designer bag.

Wear it your way - this versatile design can be worn on your shoulder for easy, everyday style or as a cross-body bag for busy days on the go, when you need your hands free.

Vibrant colour and print - this chic bag comes in a pretty floral print, in a choice of five shades. Go for the brighter Red, Yellow or Multi options for a fun pop of colour or keep it toned down with the Teal or Natural/Grey.

Zip fastening
Inner pocket: 1 x zip
Outer pocket: 1 x zip
Outer: 100% PVC coated cotton; lining: 100% cotton
Bag (h x w x d): 25cm x 34.5cm x 10.5cm (9.9" x 13.5" x 4.2")
Strap drop: 22cm (8.6")

Colour options:

Red
Yellow
Multi
Teal
Natural/ Grey

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.176416

Umm so its £45 for a very shiny plastic looking bag. Sorry but it looks to be worth no more than a tenner off a market stall.

As I suspected it’s a made for Q item.

The way the BA and Jill F are talking you would think Cath herself was making them out the back.

As if JF would be seen dead with that sort of bag.

Guest is poor. Obvious pausing & rustling when she doesn't know things about the pieces that even I do. Overselling really obvious stuff - the watch has a face - at one point I thought she was taking the p!

Please tell me I’m not stupid.

KP cherry summer shoes - what about sizing?

BA They are true to size I have 2 pairs and they are true to size

KP what size are you?

BA I’m a 6 so a 5\6 is perfect.

They are being sold in exact sizes so how would 5 be true to a 6 and 6 be true to a 6 as well.

KP what size are you?

They are being sold in exact sizes so how would 5 be true to a 6 and 6 be true to a 6 as well.

You’re not stupid :up:

KP what size are you?

You're not stupid.

As I suspected it’s a made for Q item.

The way the BA and Jill F are talking you would think Cath herself was making them out the back.

As if JF would be seen dead with that sort of bag.

Well she did say she "loved " the neutral colour and you wouldn't find the prints and colours anywhere else as they were made for QVC. Three months time you will be able to get one in any charity shop. Thought the red and yellow were hideous.

My 3 year old great niece would love the ditsy flowers one, to carry her dollies around

I loved Cath Kidston about 5years ago but think it's overpriced tat now. A work colleague and I both had a purse and on each of them the zips bust in next to no time. They are not well made and I think the prints are now very twee and rather naff. I much prefer Kipling nowadays, the organisation factor in their bags is fab.

Latest posts

Back