Helene Berman...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
I have never heard of this brand but saw it on Q web site. There is a coat priced around £150 and the description says ‘ each piece is produced wholly in the UK. with fabrics sourced from European mills in France,Italy and Spain. I might be missing something here but to me that statement is wholly contradictory imo. And possibly very misleading.

Makes me think of Sex Panther, "60% of the time, it works every time" :mysmilie_17:

I seem to remember this name from ages ago, probably bought out from the original company.Most fabrics will be sourced abroad, where is the fabric manufacturing in this country now or garment manufacturing?

I have a couple of Helene Berman 'pieces' from years ago - before QVC got their hands on the brand, and it was then an upmarket brand. Tailoring and fabric are beautiful, - garments that last. Saying that I did purchase a HB pink raincoat from Q, and that too is worth the money.

Helene Berman was acutally on air with these the other week & also on the style channel with them previously & have been a very popular range on Q for a long tiem

Helene Bergman herself? My memory must be up the creek I am going back years & she would now not be around to present anything.

According to the Helene Berman website she still designs hats (which are made in Italy) but enquiries for the clothing are to be directed to Charles Gray London. The daughters Sara Berman and Aimee Berman both design for the Charles Gray company too.

Last edited:
I caught a show on Style recently with Helene Berman (allegedly); I was surprised because I also thought it was an old-ish brand name. Maybe they should have her on flogging anti-aging skincare if she's actually over a hundred year old?

I wonder whether I'm thinking of some other ladies clothing brand? The presenter definitely referred to her as Helene and she played the role of designer...UNLESS...she comes from the same Imposter School of Fashion as the elusive Yong Kim?

I feel a conspiracy theory coming on...

I saw the show SCW mentioned. She did look good, but her face was completely immobile. If I looked like that at 83, I'd be delighted, but I doubt if I could afford it!

I'm pretty sure that's not the same person. Helene Berman, the hat & coat designer, has an, 'e', on her name, and is British, as far as I know.

Helene Berman was born in 1948 so she is 70. Her daughter Sara Berman born in 1975 is also a fashion designer/artist.

Latest posts

Back