Move over Richard & your Flower Power Compost.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Morning show today they had the DIY guest (Catherine’s gardening bloke)
Anyway he was demonstrating pumping up a wheelbarrow tyre that was flattened by holding three big bags of compost.
Not Richards Flower Power Compost heck no, non other than nicely advertised B&Q’s shops own Verve!!!!

:mysmilie_847: :mysmilie_17:

Haven't tried Richard's compost but the professional stuff you get on IW is very good and they often have free postage. I have used B&Q's own and not had any trouble growing things in it. Maybe all compost IS the same?

CC

Richard Jackson products will have been repackaged and re branded by the same factory that makes gardening centres, retail parks etc, unless he's got his own little factory called "Gnomes Are Us" we all don't know about, they're the Kings and Queens of bragging though at QVC so if he/they had one, I'm pretty sure we'd all know about it.

I note that Suttons now sell RJ's brand and as he's now selling plug plants I'm guessing they may be grown by Suttons and RJ just puts his name to them. I have ordered the geraniums from RJ and I will also buy some from our local shop and I will do a like for like test to see which fare best. I shall also feed some with flower power and feed some with bog standard tomato food. We shall see.

I bought lots of plants from Lidl last year to fill the garden with instant colour to sell our house and they blossomed and did the trick. I'll do the same this year while I see what comes up in our new garden over the next 12 months. Also their bark chips don't smell of chemicals like some do from garden centres (which give Mr Akimbo asthma attacks :sad:)

There might be occasions when I'll buy mail order plants but on the whole I'd rather see that a plant is healthy before I part with my money.

I bought lots of plants from Lidl last year to fill the garden with instant colour to sell our house and they blossomed and did the trick. I'll do the same this year while I see what comes up in our new garden over the next 12 months. Also their bark chips don't smell of chemicals like some do from garden centres (which give Mr Akimbo asthma attacks :sad:)

There might be occasions when I'll buy mail order plants but on the whole I'd rather see that a plant is healthy before I part with my money.

Mr B buys up all the dead plants on offer planning to revive them. The plants will have none of it - not even with a defibrilator....& remain in their shop pots in a corner of the garden....(I refuse to become involved)

Recently I was lucky enough to get some plants wholesale, and I was shocked at how prices are marked up at garden centres etc, but that's how everyone makes a living.

Thread title needs a change, as I believe Richard Jacksons product is called "flarr parr" :) he will insist on pronouncing like that for some reason.

I got an Amaryllis from Lidl at the beginning of December 2 flower spikes, the first had 6 flowers the second is now flowering with 4 flowers. Not bad for £2.99. I got a 9 inch olive tree which has romped away and loads more indoor and outdoor plants. You cant go wrong with their prices.

Mr B buys up all the dead plants on offer planning to revive them. The plants will have none of it - not even with a defibrilator....& remain in their shop pots in a corner of the garden....(I refuse to become involved)

Can you imagine the offerings I receive 'for' Valentines/Mothers Day.....only a few days after the proper date, when all the flowers are dead ?! Hey ho, at least they aren't from the petrol station!

My Dad used to have a "hospital wing" in his garden for plants on their last legs bought for pennies from garden centres. He had mixed success bless him!

Latest posts

Back