Gok Wan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
It appears Gok will be on Q from February 8th. Whether the clothes will be his own designs or whether he`s just fronting them I`ve no idea.
It will be interesting to see what they are and also their price point especially as he`s previously done reasonably priced ranges for a supermarket chain.

I’ve seen in the past some of his range in Tu Sainsbury’s, wasn’t really my thing gave me the impression it was more geared to office wear. Q are going to have to lower their pricing, improve their service, choice, designs and quality if they are to compete with Sainsbury’s.

Ive bought general wear from Tu but was never impressed with his range there. I think they were geared for massive chesticles and as I am average top but heavy in the hips I found they were a very bad fit and the fabrics terrible.

Should fit right in at Q then.

It appears Gok will be on Q from February 8th. Whether the clothes will be his own designs or whether he`s just fronting them I`ve no idea.
It will be interesting to see what they are and also their price point especially as he`s previously done reasonably priced ranges for a supermarket chain.

Of course he won’t justbe “fronting” them. That would mean he was getting paid. ��

How long before the creepy dude is trying to convince the presenters to stand there naked and love their own bodies?

I haven`t seen Gok on telly for years but I believe he was/is on one of the morning shows. If he`s been employed as a stylist to try to make Q`s clothes look good then he`ll have a tough job on his hands, take yesterday`s NL dress for example, he`d have to be a blinking miracle worker to make that look good on someone.
If he`s presenting his own "range" then how`s he going to compare price wise, style wise and quality wise to the supermarket brands he`s worked for previously ? He`s kind of hopped from one side of the fence to the other ie from mass produced, cheap and cheerful to La Q who like to pretend they have designer brands available nowhere else when in reality they are made as cheaply as the former but hyped to high heaven.
If Gok is seen to be singing the praises of some hideous polyester monstrosity and hyping it to high heaven then that`s his professional street cred down the pan right from the start in my humble opinion.

At least he doesn't grab women by their Tits are old Trinny and Suzanne like to do and tell them their arse is big.
You're kidding? He was always grabbing women by their breasts, calling them 'bangers', and when not putting them in a shop window starkers, was putting them in very revealing outfits! Horrible man.

Exactly what else has he designed, apart from the supermarket range ? or is he just another 'self appointed' stylist that got lucky ?

What have I missed????? :mysmilie_17:

yes, I remember watching a few times and never seen them in revealing outfits at the end? He revamped their wardrobes they had hair and makeup done. Never notice slashed to the waist or cut to the veejay slits.

Actually, he used to come over to Belfast a few times and I know people who met him in the pub having a drink. Said he was so friendly with everyone that came up to him to chat.

yes, I remember watching a few times and never seen them in revealing outfits at the end? He revamped their wardrobes they had hair and makeup done. Never notice slashed to the waist or cut to the veejay slits.

Actually, he used to come over to Belfast a few times and I know people who met him in the pub having a drink. Said he was so friendly with everyone that came up to him to chat.

I must say I always thought he was ok Donna.

I've met Gok Wan and thought he was genuine and great fun!
He's also a great cook apparently and cooks for crowds of friends every week (not that that is relevant in any way just think he's a decent chap!)

Also given he's gay, how can he be described as a pervert by touching women's bodies?!

He seems to have a passion for encouraging people to love their bodies? That was the point of the - very tasteful - nude photoshoots he used to do at the end is makeovers?

Be interested to see what he's doing at QVC, though... Suppose it could even be food related?

Not sure what happened to Trinny and Susannah's range?!

I quite liked him. He seemed to like women as people not bodies and was very good at giving them confidence. The one thing I didn’t like was that it was achieved using armoured plating underwear (step up Del Boy)

He did a roadshow with an absolutely awful woman (American married to some music celeb plump but lost a lot of weight and had a toy type dog surgically attached to her but off hand can’t remeber her name).

She did a catwalk show using designer gear top to toe valued at megabucks. He did high street which he altered. The audience voted without knowing which was which and he won quite often.

He had ideas but I doubt that the stuff he glued on etc woulD have lasted the night out but it looked good from a distance.

I’ve seen in the past some of his range in Tu Sainsbury’s, wasn’t really my thing gave me the impression it was more geared to office wear. Q are going to have to lower their pricing, improve their service, choice, designs and quality if they are to compete with Sainsbury’s.

And every other retailer on the planet.

Exactly what else has he designed, apart from the supermarket range ? or is he just another 'self appointed' stylist that got lucky ?

Stylist that got lucky.

Got to say Gok will fit in well with all the other Goks (rhyming slang) at QVC. I hope he doesn't get his hopes up though, could end up being a one hit wonder like Rylan.

I notice Q have posted a link on their facebook page to the "Gok Wan Edit". If anybody was hoping he`d bring some new fresh ideas or some new stuff designed by him, then think again because he`s just trotted out the same old Q brands and the same old stuff such as a kim jumpsuit or a Wynne top and so on. Obviously he`s being paid to just be the front man for the same old brands.

I notice Q have posted a link on their facebook page to the "Gok Wan Edit". If anybody was hoping he`d bring some new fresh ideas or some new stuff designed by him, then think again because he`s just trotted out the same old Q brands and the same old stuff such as a kim jumpsuit or a Wynne top and so on. Obviously he`s being paid to just be the front man for the same old brands.

Oh dear, big disappointment.

Is he not curating a collection? I think we will find that is the case, a bit like Andi Peters and the popcorn! I saw a bit of this whilst waiting for Grantchester to start and thought he came over pretty well actually. I thought the clothes he picked must be the cream of the QVC crop as I didn't see endless embellishments, lol.

Latest posts

Back