Beauty Loves with Julep TSV 6/2/19 - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Found it! Knew I'd heard that word before. It was "Summer the First Time" by Bobby Goldsboro....

She threw back her hair
    Like I wasn't there
    She sipped on a julep
    Her shoulders were bare
    And I tried not to stare
    When I looked at her tulip

That sounds rude......

Post Thanks / Like

Would have been interested to try this TSV if it hadn't been for the copper eyeshadow and brown eyeliner, an absolute no no for me, makes me look like something out of The Walking Dead. Would have been lovely to have green or blue eye make up but that never never happens. Do 90% of the population wear brown eye make up? The TSVs almost always have browns/taupes/neutrals in them, for me with cool/deathly white tones and blue eyes these colours are not a good look for me.
    Likes Brit1chick , Akimbo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SisterBliss View Post
    That sounds rude......
    I suppose it does, a bit. It's a really great song, though. Very atmospheric. I really like the piano bit and the arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ruZX5JdCk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Found it! Knew I'd heard that word before. It was "Summer the First Time" by Bobby Goldsboro....

She threw back her hair
    Like I wasn't there
    She sipped on a julep
    Her shoulders were bare
    And I tried not to stare
    When I looked at her tulip
    As an extremely old person who remembers the song well, I think he was looking at her TWO LIPS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
    There`s lots of shades in this tsv so the presenters are really going to have to concentrate on showing and explaining them properly unless they want lots of returns.
    On the julep website they have a pdf which explains the shades in greater depth ( see link below ) and by warm, cool and neutral undertones. It also advises if you think you`re between shades then go with the lighter shade.
    https://images.julep.com/media/wysiw...8Shades_V2.pdf
    Or as CHuntley just did, direct everyone to the Q website. Absolute waste of time if you ask me.
    Likes lynnonthelake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought all the models looked grey and ill in the lighter foundation shades. Catherine Huntley's eye make-up looked terrible, a goth throw-back gone wrong. Normally, as she's an attractive woman, she looks great; but not on the launch.
    On the evidence I saw, my money's safe.
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
    I thought all the models looked grey and ill in the lighter foundation shades. Catherine Huntley's eye make-up looked terrible, a goth throw-back gone wrong. Normally, as she's an attractive woman, she looks great; but not on the launch.
    On the evidence I saw, my money's safe.
    I like the look of it, but it means getting the shade correct. Some of the girls clearly had the wrong shade on. I really hope we get a decent presentation with every shade on someones arm.
    Likes Oceanfox , jordie_tart , Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ml for ml

1 x Skip the Brush Crème-to-Powder Blush Stick in Rose Gold (6g) - Worth £17 cost £7.69
    1 x Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric (4.6g) - Worth £21 cost £9.50
    1 x So Plush Ultra-Hydrating Lip Gloss in Vibes (4.4ml) - Worth £13 cost £5.88
    1 x Eyeshadow 101 Crème to Powder Eyeshadow Stick in CopperShimmer (1.4 g) - Worth £13 cost £5.88
    1 x When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Rich Brown(1.4 g) - Worth £11 cost £4.98
    1 x purple dot canvas beauty bag , no value given.
    Total Worth £75 total cost incl p&p in calculations £33.93
    So each item just under half price.
    Thanks SisterBliss thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I do manage to venture out with the make up which isn’t as often as I would like, especially on a pleasurable trip.
    I mix up with Laura Gellar porcelain with fair to warm over the top, I find that quick and easy for me to do.
    Would love to experiment with something different for a change to help me feel worth showing my face.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Catherine looked over made up and her hair is too dark - a touch of Morticia Adams. I don’t blame her for experimenting, she’s young, but I don’t think she’s found her style yet. On the other hand I think she has found her “fashion” style, she looks nice in her dresses (IMO).