Ideas for a facial cleanser please - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For balms Elemis, Alpha H and Emma Hardie can't be beaten for the sheer pleasure in using. I tried an Avon balm a few weeks ago. It does the job, but doesn't give me the swoon factor the first three do.

I like Liz Earle, especially the scented versions, but they've all broken me out. Same with the No7.

I was going to say that cream cleansers don't agree with me but I rather like the Alpha H balancing one as an everyday workhorse. I also like the other one they do (some herby version). I'd have never tried these but they were in sets and I've been pleasantly surprised.

I've also tried Soap & Glory and Bare Minerals foaming cleanser - both okay but the BM is nicer to use. NIOD's Sanskrit Saponins is a weird one. Makes my skin feel very clean but isn't a joy to use.

Out of the micellar cleansers I absolutely loved the Lancome one that they discontinued it just before they became popular. I now use Bioderma (you've literally just missed a third off at escentual.com by a few days, but they run the French Pharmacy offer regularly), or Garnier oily or sensitive (the oily mattifies great under makeup). There's also a Garnier WITH oil that you shake up (not the version for oily skin). Now, this is absolutely fab for removing stubborn makeup but I hate the smell so stick to balms.

Philosphy's Purity is a bargain on QVC at the moment for the massive size. It's a pretty good cleanser that didn't beak me out but I bought it years ago when on offer in a 500ml size and got a bit bored with it (those were the days, when I could afford to have several on the go at any time) but I did keep going back to it as it was quite expensive when I bought it (I think only Liberty sold it then and after trying it in the US I just HAD to buy it!). Just to lay to rest the "use after opening" comments, I had my Purity on the go for at least 4 years. I shake all my rotations regularly as it seems to keep them fresher. I check stuff I've had a while but haven't used every month. I've rarely had to throw anything but some things do start to smell a bit different or start to split.

After the oversized Purity mistake I now tend to buy smaller versions of items until I find a "love" that I know I'll not get bored with and keep using. If I could only use three of the items I've listed it'd be the Elemis balm for indulgent cleansing, the Alpha H for in-shower cleansing and the Garnier micellar for quick or pre-cleanses.
    Thanks llloyd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

They got Purity in Boots in a small bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I find soap and water washes my makeup off any soap and tap water. Cheap as chips.
    Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best cleanser I’ve ever used. https://m.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/elizab...3d-hasimage_iw You just massage a small amount on the skin and rinse off with warm water, leaves skin clean and soft.
    Likes loujareth , lynnonthelake , AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love this. Hand made in small batches, paraben free , doesn`t have a heavy smell, perfect for my sensitive skin and 250ml costs me a fiver. I also buy their floral waters which I use as a toner ( rose and lavender mixed together) and also their face wash which I use in the shower in the morning.
    http://www.naturallythinking.com/cucumber-cleanser.html
    Thanks Lemonpop, AndiK , llloyd thanked for this post
    Likes lynnonthelake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    This is the best cleanser I’ve ever used. https://m.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/elizab...3d-hasimage_iw You just massage a small amount on the skin and rinse off with warm water, leaves skin clean and soft.
    Will you stop posting Ideal World bargains! I've bought 3 or 4 things from them in the last 9-12 months because of recommendations on here, mostly yours! Hadn't bought anything from them for years before that.

Only kidding - keep 'em coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Another Decleor fan here. If I have make up on, I prefer to use their cleanser and toner. I also like Clarins and Elemis. If I need a cheapo one if none of the others are on sale, I would probably go for Simple. I always run out of toner first and usually buy that whilst I finish off the cleanser. I freely admit Simple is a brand I would never have looked at except when I had chemo the hospital told me not to use anything remotely perfumed and suggested I replace all my skin- and body-care with Simp!e products, so I did. If I haven't worn make up I am happy to use a micellar water at night but find most of them drying except for Decleor and Elemis. I haven't yet tried one recommended on here, was it called Biologica?, which I got in Boots and has different skin type formulations.

On no make up days and in the mornings I like Elemis balm or oil and Decleor micellar oil. A cheap oil is Chamomile cleansing oil from Body Shop; I haven't tried their balm. I haven't yet tried my new Boots balm. I am currently using Boots version of Clean and Polish and it is so perfumed I doubt it would be any good for sensitive skin, so suggest you avoid that. After reading the tips on here I did a trawl of Boots, Body Shop, Superdrug, Waitrose and it is certainly worth doing that I think. It has inexpensively proved to me that I am not a fan of the C&P style hot cloth cleanser but prefer oils and balms or cream cleansers. It also opened my eyes to what was out there on the DHS for a good price rather than having to shell out for the premium brands.

My skin is definitely ageing (!) and slightly dry but not really sensitive.
    I cant stand how my skin feels when using Micellar oil or water and the Boots cleansing balm made me look like I had burnt my face. Should have known better as most No 7 products irritate me. Luckily it was on offer.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
    Will you stop posting Ideal World bargains! I've bought 3 or 4 things from them in the last 9-12 months because of recommendations on here, mostly yours! Hadn't bought anything from them for years before that.

Only kidding - keep 'em coming!
    Andi, you’re going to love it. All EG grants lotions and potions are brilliant, I only buy pick of the day sets though. EG is sold on QVC Italy, QVC France and QVC Germany but a lot more expensive......shock!

I’ll keep ‘em coming Andi xx.
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    I find soap and water washes my makeup off any soap and tap water. Cheap as chips.
    Uuuurgh. Real water on my facial skin makes it drier than a dried out old dry thing and soap??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh. Works for some but not for me. Mr CC uses soap, soap and soap for everything. I would be a dried out old goat after 2 uses.

CC
    Likes lynnonthelake , llloyd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Andi, you’re going to love it. All EG grants lotions and potions are brilliant, I only buy pick of the day sets though. EG is sold on QVC Italy, QVC France and QVC Germany but a lot more expensive......shock!

I’ll keep ‘em coming Andi xx.
    I take it, looking at it, the 2 x 200ml you linked to is a regular price? If so, that's excellent.

Out of interest, does it have a smell? I know a lot of people avoid anything with fragrance but I quite like it and the things which are not supposed to be fragranced (eg that Purity Made Simple again!) have a stale or weird smell to me.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post