Ideas for a facial cleanser please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried the Aldi Jo Malone candle dupe I thought I was a total waste of my £3.99. like their skincare though!

I`ve used a few skincare items from Aldi. Their miracle cream is just as good as the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour one and their hot cloth cleanser is a good buy too. They had some cracked heel cream in a while ago and hubby said it was the best he`d ever used and being diabetic he uses a lot of stuff on his feet.
The miracle cream is handy for very dry patches on hands, face or body but is too greasy to use as an all over face moisturiser but so is the Elizabeth Arden one. I haven`t yet found the perfect face cream from Aldi but I keep trying any new ones they bring out. Some people raved about their Caviar range but I found the cream a bit thick and difficult to rub in. I prefer a lighter cream. For what their stuff costs then even if I only buy and use the one item and never buy it again, there`s nothing lost.

My sister and I have been on the look out for Aldi’s hot cloth cleanser for weeks but it’s never in stock. In the meantime I’ve found a tube of Simple cream cleanser from my stash but it leaves my skin tight so it will be used up as shower gel !

Aldi alert! Creams including Hot Cloth cleanser on sale from 7th March.There is also a Healthy Glow Exfoliating Tonic which is obviously meant to be like the Pixi one, the Miracle Cream all £3.99.Might try the cleanser as I will be going for the Wagyu meatballs!

I wonder if their Midnight Power range (up at same time as the hot cloth cleanser) is a Midnight Secret knockoff?

Aldi alert! Creams including Hot Cloth cleanser on sale from 7th March.There is also a Healthy Glow Exfoliating Tonic which is obviously meant to be like the Pixi one, the Miracle Cream all £3.99.Might try the cleanser as I will be going for the Wagyu meatballs!

That Healthy Glow Exfoliating Tonic looks soooo like the Pixi product, doesn't it??

That Healthy Glow Exfoliating Tonic looks soooo like the Pixi product, doesn't it??

And I wonder how long before some of the brands whose products are being imitated get legal with Aldi? If the product is good, let it stand in its own merits, not rip off another brand's colour scheme etc. Passing off is the legal term, I believe.

And I wonder how long before some of the brands whose products are being imitated get legal with Aldi? If the product is good, let it stand in its own merits, not rip off another brand's colour scheme etc. Passing off is the legal term, I believe.

Not sure what to think. I was saying on another thread earlier that Aldi also have other products that look exactly like big name icons: YSL Touche Eclat, Benefit’s They’re Real mascara and a boxed bronzer like Hoola. Someone else said there’s a primer like a Smashbox one which I didn’t know. (Lidl copy branding as well but I’ve only noticed it with food and drink there.) It does make me wonder how they get away with it indeed (ooh, I went all Chloe Everton there!). I also wonder why they didn’t copy the Liz Earle look for their C&P equivalent, for example, which I understand looks and smells exactly the same inside; why some and not others?

Anyway, while I know what you mean about the “ripping off” of expensive product branding and why it shouldn’t be necessary, I do quite like it when someone comes along and produces a near identical product at about a quarter the price to show the premium brand’s item up as the real “rip off”. And of course I like getting a bargain. Some of these Aldi beauty products have been compared really favourably with the dearer ones they copy, too.

B and M also do Jo Malone fragrance dupes. Pomegranate and Lime Basil Mandarin. They are currently £3.00 for 100ml bottles.

I love Aldo for food & household but I did try a candle and had to throw it away it made me feel almost ill.That However goes for most candles I can’t abide Yankee either and have fallen for the hype a couple of times.

I will pass on that the Aldi candle has put me off dupes .....for now!

Shame about your experience, boffy. Was it the smell, or lack of, or the way it burned? My biggest problem with most brands of candle apart from Yankee is the burn, and that includes Price’s and dearer ones ... and even Woodwick which look and smell lovely but only the “slim” ones pool for me. I end up scooping lots of hard wax out or chucking a half-used candle away.

I tried the Aldi Jo Malone candle dupe I thought I was a total waste of my £3.99. like their skincare though!

I've just placed an order for a candle, doh! I think they have free returns, I shall see.

B and M also do Jo Malone fragrance dupes. Pomegranate and Lime Basil Mandarin. They are currently £3.00 for 100ml bottles.

I'll be off to get one some time soon, I love Jo Malone and can never get the dupes from Aldi they sell out in a flash

I did not like the candle dupes or even the diffusers. tbh the diffuser was much better than the candle but I could only smell it in the downstairs loo which is just tiny. no scent in the bedrooms. you would need 3 or more to get a scent. that defeats the cheapness as it would make sense to just buy a good one that lasts for a few pounds more. the candle was dreadful and smelled just like a £2-3 candle. burned quickly which was just as well. the notes were not there. tbh you may as well just put a few quid on and get a nicer yankee or other premium candle.

I wonder now who was leaving the glowing reviews for the candles in Aldi

My sister probably! She burns them a lot, along with others. Reeds and plug-ins, too. They're always burning when I call in (she knows I'm allergic) :wonder:

people like them but if you have burned really good candles that cost say £50.00 you will be able to tell the difference with a £3 candle. I dont hate the aldi ones I just would not buy them again.

I went to b&m and the dupes were really poor couldn't use them as a room freshener,then went to Aldi bought the pear and freesia lotion - not a bad dupe imo. Also got the cream for cracked hills and will be using on my hands. Any idea if it's a permanent stock item? Also got hand wash that I think may be a dupe for Radox that i love.

aldi/lidl skincare brilliant. nice textures, smells results. the frightening thing is skincare must have huge mark ups for the better brands.

aldi/lidl skincare brilliant. nice textures, smells results. the frightening thing is skincare must have huge mark ups for the better brands.

Lidl have 'perfume' testers and I tried one or two, can't say I was very impressed. It would be interesting to try the Aldi ones but as far as I can tell they don't do testers

Latest posts

Back