Ideas for a facial cleanser please - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pick-a-Lily View Post
    I like Superdrug Micellar oil, and it's cheap!
    I agree, itís brilliant- the only downside is, it smells a bit like chip fat! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

I like an Australian brand called Sukin which is widely available here in the UK and isn`t overpriced. I use their sensitive range when its on offer from the likes of Boots or Holland and Barratt but its also available on beauty sites such as Look Fantastic and also on Ebay.
    It`s a vegan range and I try to use as few chemicals as possible on my skin ever since I saw a documentary where a scientist took blood samples from 2 women who used lots of skincare, body stuff, makeup etc and the levels of certain chemicals in their blood was scarily high so for a month they used other brands which had far fewer chemicals/preservatives/additives in them, had their bloods done again and the results were dramatic to say the least. As the scientist doing the experiment said, if using such chemically laden products was only short term it wouldn`t matter but people use skincare, body care, makeup brands for years and years and in the long term can cause all kinds of problems. Talc was used for generations and its only now its been shown to affect the ovaries, alluminium in deodorants has been a big no no for women who had breast cancer and that`s just 2 instances and as the scientist said, in years to come when many of our young women are older and after a lifetime of using such products heaven knows what problems there`ll be ranging from affected fertility to cancer. Of course it must be nigh on impossible to live a chemical free life, our food, our homes, our work environment etc are full of them but I try not to add more just for the sake of vanity or a clean face !
    I`m not keen on cleansing balms but the brand Balm Balm do a cleansing balm which gets great reviews, it isn`t vegan though but is suitable for vegetarians. I think it`s around a tenner.
    Here`s the link to Sukin which tells you all about the brand and as I said before, their items can be found in Boots, Amazon, H and B and lots of other places.
    https://sukinnaturals.com/pages/uk
    Likes ERICS MUM , Mazza liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Theyíve got this cleanser on Aldi website and in store, I havenít tried it but the reviews are really good. https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-mud-to...81829187044100
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post
    Likes ERICS MUM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Vienna, that range looks interesting. I see they do a couple of exfoliators, the one thing I don't have a lot of and like to try as some are just too rough for me. I like Gatineau gommage and Papaya Enzyme peel as they have no harsh bits. So ever keen to try an affordable alternative, I am about to send for these from Amazon. I am currently trying Boots but am not over keen, and I didn't rate the M&S scrub much either. Here's hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Vienna, that range looks interesting. I see they do a couple of exfoliators, the one thing I don't have a lot of and like to try as some are just too rough for me. I like Gatineau gommage and Papaya Enzyme peel as they have no harsh bits. So ever keen to try an affordable alternative, I am about to send for these from Amazon. I am currently trying Boots but am not over keen, and I didn't rate the M&S scrub much either. Here's hoping!
    I`ve never used an exfoliator Mazza. I have sensitive skin with high colour (just like my Mum had) and I`ve always been wary of them. My Mum developed a lot of broken capillaries in later life and now I`m in my mid 60`s I try to be as gentle as I can be when it comes to using stuff on my face because I don`t want to end up the same. Mind you my Mum only ever used soap and water on her skin and only used a dab of Nivea if she wanted to wear face powder, other than that she went bare faced and I`m sure the weather, walking everywhere and her work environment in the mills etc took its toll on her skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
    I`ve never used an exfoliator Mazza. I have sensitive skin with high colour (just like my Mum had) and I`ve always been wary of them. My Mum developed a lot of broken capillaries in later life and now I`m in my mid 60`s I try to be as gentle as I can be when it comes to using stuff on my face because I don`t want to end up the same. Mind you my Mum only ever used soap and water on her skin and only used a dab of Nivea if she wanted to wear face powder, other than that she went bare faced and I`m sure the weather, walking everywhere and her work environment in the mills etc took its toll on her skin.
    I love the sound of your Mom. I'd love a Nan like that.....(no Grandparents anymore.....)
    Likes ERICS MUM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
    I have broken capillaries.in my left cheek which were stupidly caused by the fact I always say the same side of an electric fire! These were made worse by using harsh scrubs with what seemed like half an apricot kernel in each helping. Can you believe it? Such an idiot. That is why I have to be careful not to use harsh ones any more but I do like to exfoliate once a week before slapping a mask on. My Saturday spa exoerience!!! I then carry on doing chores rather than relaxing and practising mindfulness etc. Despite retiring I seem no longer to have time for that sort of malarkey.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going about my business sporting a BLACK face mask when my neighbour on whom I'm not keen called to collect a parcel.....NOOOOOOOOOO! She comments on my laundry on the line, usually if she feels I've left it out for too long! I'd love to vent but she could be on this forum....who knows!
    Likes llloyd , AndiK , Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    I have broken capillaries.in my left cheek which were stupidly caused by the fact I always say the same side of an electric fire! These were made worse by using harsh scrubs with what seemed like half an apricot kernel in each helping. Can you believe it? Such an idiot. That is why I have to be careful not to use harsh ones any more but I do like to exfoliate once a week before slapping a mask on. My Saturday spa exoerience!!! I then carry on doing chores rather than relaxing and practising mindfulness etc. Despite retiring I seem no longer to have time for that sort of malarkey.
    I think you meant relaxing but it's the chores I don't have time for - well, that's what I tell myself. I'm very good at putting off housework because I like to believe I'm too busy on the computer (working, not just reading the forum and typing this!). I do make time to treat my skin and always do proper cleanses, etc, but I'm not very good at masks. It never seems like the right time.
    Likes SisterBliss, llloyd liked this post